- by Loquacious1, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this add on because it allows customization of tiles and links. Lately it's been acting up out of nowhere though and when I click a new tab it comes up blank. I wish it would work like it did for so long, nearly flawless. If there is something I should do to make it work again I hope the developer will post something to help me with it.
- by JHancock, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great app.
Some people have complained they have issues, so here are some fixes:
1. If you don't get thumbnail to show up, go to website, then click on the New Tab Tools -> Capture Thumbnail button. Then reload New Tab.
2. If you want to pin specific pages in specific locations, first unpin all pages, then set them to desired settings by setting the page and title in settings, move them to desired locations if necessary, and lock them (pin them) all in place.
- by Firefox user 13552796, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Somewhat works, but is more of an entry for r/softwaregore than a useful tool.
For example, you can pin items - but if you pin them, the app removes ALL control of where they go, and sends all icons pinned to random, nonsensical locations. You cannot control what order your tiles are in if you want them to be persistent.
To top that off, thanks to the app grabbing random and unrelated history from any point in the past to fill up the screen, it will be filled with irrelevant nonsense if you don't pin items.
Sadly, this is a really poorly thought out app that doesn't function in a useful or even correct way. I only downloaded it to change the home screen background colour, and the app disappointed even me. 2/10 at least it does something I guess?
- by Firefox user 14364967, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5With current version of firefox not work at all, "New Tab Tools couldn't start properly. Try these:
If cookies are disabled, add an exception for moz-extension://927beb9e-3b9a-4996-858e-f55abf9a1063/"
There already is "True"
- by shark_bloody, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5It isn't compatible with Firefox containers system.
Will cause unexpected behavior in regards to how firefox manages new tabs with the container feature, specifically, new tabs will always be opened in the default container.
This is specially annoying if you also use a tab management add-on like conex.
- by Firefox user 13807968, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5i was happy until update - evrthng's gone.
New Tab Tools couldn't start properly. Try these:
If cookies are disabled, add an exception for moz-extension://69e87d6a-111b-4829-8dbe-061d87733b5c/.
Go to about:config and check dom.indexedDB.enabled is set to true.
You will need to restart New Tab Tools (or just restart Firefox) for these changes to have an effect.
New Tab Tools cannot start if Firefox is set to "never remember history" or "always open in private browsing mode".
app doesn't start. says: look up about.config, set "true" etc... i did, but still doesn't work. have no idea... very disappointed.