Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13807968, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5i was happy until update - evrthng's gone.
New Tab Tools couldn't start properly. Try these:
If cookies are disabled, add an exception for moz-extension://69e87d6a-111b-4829-8dbe-061d87733b5c/.
Go to about:config and check dom.indexedDB.enabled is set to true.
You will need to restart New Tab Tools (or just restart Firefox) for these changes to have an effect.
New Tab Tools cannot start if Firefox is set to "never remember history" or "always open in private browsing mode".
app doesn't start. says: look up about.config, set "true" etc... i did, but still doesn't work. have no idea... very disappointed.
- by ezraravin, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have been looking for a similar extension for a long time. I was surprised by how customizable it is. Here's my new tab: http://prntscr.com/kolq6l
I had to create each picture by myself, but it was totally worth it. I think it looks slick :)
- by Javi Lagoares, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Unfortunately it doensn't always work properly. The filter page does not scroll and I can see many of the domains. Sometimes to tiles get one on top of another, and it's impossible to move them elsewhere... they're really stubborn.
- by Firefox user 14134029, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Gefällt mir überhaupt nicht und ist total umständlich, jede Kachel einzeln zu erstellen, nein danke, zuviel Arbeit. Da gibts bequemere extensions wie FVD ect!
- by addon_bob, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's awesome and I don't want to live without it.
One day the screen shots for the different websites went away, but I refreshed my firefox profile and they came back.
You can positions things where you want them, and add custom pictures and a background.
It's really nice.
- by S. Ball, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Let me put it this way...I would hate being without New Tab Tools! I've made it my home page and new tab page for Firefox on my Macbook Pro. I have a black wood background behind the tabs, which makes the whole page look really nice and is easy on the eyes. I chose a dark background for late night use, but now I use the Flux filter on my Mac to adjust the light temperature according to time of day. I just now thought of that! I'm gonna go change my backround right now. lol Anyway, the tabs look great with any background that works for you, whether picture or solid color. It is all totally customizable, from number of rows/columns, margin/grid size, title text and size, option to pin just what you tell it to or check a box to have it automatically pin visited or recently closed pages, and lock pins to keep them from being moved around or lock page to keep everything the same.
- by Poohs, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Still loving this extension BUT although I dont have the "link-click" problem in previous comment, this version does corrupt my start-up page.
My short cut for Firefox includes the URL for my google calandar so when it starts it goes straight to it. With this version of your extension, Firefox starts and you can see the correct URL in the address bar momentarily, but then your extension over-writes it and you get the New Tabs page.
Hardly life changing - I just hit the home button which is also set to my google calandar URL - but proof positive that "you fix one problem, and create another" !
- by Firefox user 13566264, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5With the newest update of New Tab Tools, any time I click on an external link to open the browser, the New Tab Tools page opens instead, and I have to leave that open before I can again click on the external link to open a new page in the browser which actually does go to the link. I assume I am not the only person with this problem and that it will be fixed