- by Firefox user 14137356, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Similar extensions say they can't load a local page as a new tab. This add-on shows otherwise. Online or offline, this addon loads its customizable page flawlessly.
- by cello, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Many ways to customize it but rather high memory usage as shown by Firefox Task Manager for a "static" addon when compared to most other addons in my Firefox. Hope the developer can further optimize it.
- by Firefox user 15140124, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I liked using it for awhile, but recently switched to Infinity New Tabs. I found this extension just didn't work more than half of the time and updating icons was just a pain.
- by SiCo, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Familiar story, I'm afraid......... I'm just expected to know how to use it.......... some innate instinct is supposed to kick-in, perhaps??? It didn't.........
Some instructions would be nice, if you're going make an extension, then do it properly.......... The fact that this kind of slack, half-arsed way of going about things, is so common within the industry shouldn't be seen as making it acceptable........... it isn't!
You often get written + pictorial instructions for how to negotiate a can of pop....... which I only mention to provide some perspective....
- by Mark Phire, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've missed this tab tool for the longest time. I was getting "that weird error" message, and decided to create a new profile and now it works again. I can finally remove "the other one" I was using as it lacked in a lot of functionality. Then I re-sync'd my account, and back to almost normal, just have to fix a few things. But I'm so glad it's working again.
- by It's So Fluffy I Could Die, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I've recently upgraded from FF57 to Quantum (since the add-ons' Big Glitch) and New Tab Tools is a great replacement to SuperStart on which I relied on heavily.
In future developments however, would it be possible to group several tiles in one "file", as well as have the option of a "blank tile" that one could use as a separator between tiles.
Finally, useful tip for the dummies like me: If you want New Tab Tools as your Homepage, just drag the add-on icon in the address bar over the Homepage icon... et voilà!
Thanks again and keep up the good work!