Review by --FIRE--
- Rated 1 out of 5by Alexis, 2 months agoWhat is this supposed to do? Because it doing nothing. (Mac Ventura, FF: 109.0.1 (64-bit)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Slinx, 4 months agonice, but doesn't allow for moving items to lower rows if you don't have the above filled up, and also doesn't show up if you middle mouse click the taskbar icon
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16318253, 8 months agoGray rectangles instead of previews. FF103x64, Win7.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Rusty Trombone, 8 months agoLooks promising, but adding dials is quite clunky and will sometimes work, sometimes not. But the main reason I can't use the extension is that there's no way to remove the X cancel and pin buttons, and it's too annoying to constantly lose dials when pressing wrong here. It will also suddenly drop dials with longer addresses for some bizarre reason.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15037318, 9 months agoTO THE DEVELOPER:
---There is a problem, the current thumbnail images do not show at all. So you end up with grey rectangles instead of a rectangle with the current thumbnail image!
It seems to correct itself when I click on the grey thumbnail then I see the current image BUT it is not a the current thumbnail image that is immediately recognizable and therefore that is much better than the image shown when you click on the grey rectangle link.
If you could allow to show the current thumbnail image instead like it is shown on the original new tab, then it would be much better I believe.
---Could you allow the Recently Closed Tabs to be located at the top or at the bottom of the page. I personally prefer at the bottom of the page.
Could you allow also to add 1 or more rows and columns for these Recently Closed Tabs, as I have a 4K 43-inch monitor and I have a lot of space both vertically and horizontally I could say.
---So, could you allow also blank lines (1 or more) above the Recently Closed Tabs when it is located at the bottom of the page and below the Recently Closed Tabs when it is located at the top of the page, as currently there is simply no space at all just below the Recently Closed Tabs.
---You could also add a quick explanation in Options where you say something like the following. Open a new tab, click at the top right on the icon called Personalize New Tab and select the options that you want to use to customize your new tab page the way you want it.
Because at the very beginning, I was kind of lost until I realized that I had to open a new tab to see this Personalize New Tab! I know, it is obvious but...! If I was lost, so probably quite a few other people are likely to be too.
---A HUGE PROBLEM!!
You might think it is dead easy to add new links on the new tab with your addon? Well, it was not and I will explain. For example, I have say 4 rows and 10 columns of links that are on this new tab page. I go to the end on the first row first rectangle from the left to add a new link and it simply does not add it at all!! That is how frustrating it is!!
---BUT I discovered what really happened. I had 10 columns, 4 rows and I was tryting to add 2 more links and so I opened the page for each and used the New Tab Tools icon and then pin to the New Tab Page and it was greyed. What happened is that the 2 links I could not add them because they were already there on the new tab page but they were behind existing rectangle links so I could not see them! When I moved 2 links to the next row, then I could get the 2 links I wanted to add because they were already there on the New Tab page!! Probably a bug I would assume.
---To add links on the new tab page, it would be much better that you allow, if possible to do, the following feature.
On Firefox, I have a button called Show sidebars where, when clicked, I see at the left all my bookmarks.
I created a folder of links that I want to place on the new tab page with your addon. I could select them in the folder, do a copy and go to your tab page, select by right-clicking the mouse the option paste and I paste all the selected links onto your new tab page and it would add them all on this new tab page. That dead simple would be a dream.
By the way, you seem to have a Firefox addon called Better Reader but it does not show as an addon on the Firefox addons page at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
Many thanks for this New Tab Tools addon. It is very good. I particular like the option of being able to put a background photo of your choice.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14982254, 9 months agoAlmost prefect! Add please tiles mode for background and an option for tiles without boundaries
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13362481, 10 months agoГарна заміна для нової вкладки! Найбільш налаштовувана та вільна.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14406037, a year agoSi bien podría llegar a ser funcional después de bastante configuración, el diseño deja demasiado que desear, además de ser poco intuitivo.
- Rated 5 out of 5by H4F12, a year agochanging backgrounds freely, and showing commonly used pages clearly.
Thanks for making this extension!
- Rated 4 out of 5by cheeseus, a year agoAn option I'd like to be added:
– Do not auto-resize the tiles when changing the number of rows and columns or add an option for user-defined size. For example, I want two rows but I don't want them to fill the entire page.