- by Ty, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5Unfortunately I encountered an issue with this extension that automatically cancelled my image downloads. There was no way to fix this, so I had to uninstall this altogether. If there was an option to turn that off, then I'd give this 5 stars.
Other than that, this extension served it's purpose of blocking access to shady websites which I really appreciated, but that download cancellation thing became too annoying to deal with.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoHey Ty, you're right, that is annoying and I'm sorry you had this experience! We've identified the source of this bug and we will get it fixed as soon as possible.
If you decide to reinstall the extension, you can workaround this bug till the fix is live. Click on the extension icon and temporarily disable "Scams Protection" on the page you want to download from.
- by Kimiluch, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5I am really satisfied with this extension on FF 64bits but, surprisingly, the latest update brought a weird bug with image file types only: Malwarebytes browser guard won’t let me save them (using right click on an image then “Save image as”) unless I disable it. In the download pane, it reads “Canceled” under the image filename. And I only mean the action “Save image as” coz when I use right click then “Save link as” when an image file has a download link then it is saved. I checked the extension on chrome (32 and 64bits) and it works OK with “Save image as”. Edit: Bug corrected. 5 stars back!
Developer responseposted 10 months agoHey there, I'm sorry you had this experience! We've identified the source of this bug and we will get it fixed as soon as possible.
In the meantime, temporarily disable "Scams Protection" on the page you want to download from.
- by Al, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome addition to your anti-malware arsenal. I thought this type of add-in had been missing from MBytes products. Hope they are going to support it for many years to come like their main product as browsers becoming more of a necessity today. Generally, I'm very glad to use this add-in, and think it's a good start in the right direction. Thank you.
- by Bobject, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This Firefox extension has a beautiful UI and works as advertised. I've discovered no issues.
It's worth a few clicks to add this to your 2020 browser experience.
edit: and it has a neat statistic menu!
- by CauseOfBSOD, a year agoRated 4 out of 5A good addon, my only complaint being that there is no way (correct if wrong) to use scam protection without preemptive blocking (i.e. blocking all .tk and .gg domains (as well as some others) and whitelisting known good ones). Also, I have not been able to whitelist some downloads, specifically those of Zeroshell (a Linux-based router distribution) and have to click through a warning each time, although I can verify these downloads are safe.