- by Firefox user 16914185, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5This has been a good extension for a long time.. Lately though, when ever i go to youtube.com, the little hit counter on the extension's icon just keeps counting up and up. It started doing this recently. Not sure if it's an issue with the extension, youtube, or firefox, but the extension does not display this behavior on the chrome version of the extension.
- by dp123, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is not bad, it has protected me from many trackers and viruses, but I would like to know why, when I arrive on a page or a website, the square at the top of the extension icon is red for a second or less, and then turns grey again sometimes? Does this mean that there is a virus on the page? Because when I click on the extension, no virus seems to be detected. Is this a bug? A false positive? Or is there really a virus? I'm quite confused by this detail, that's what pushed me to write this review and my my four-star rating.
Edit: 2/04 Thank you for your answer! I went to the website in question.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoHi there!
I understand your concern, and that does seem like a small visual bug.
From the details provided here I don't have reason to believe you have a virus.
We would be interested in taking a look at the bug though. If you have time please visit support.malwarebytes.com and submit a ticket with a screenshot and steps to recreate this bug.
- by Dan Werlinger, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5Pretty impressive extension overall. It is the only security extension that I have found so far that protects against trackers/ads, PUP's, malware, and scams. On one website alone it blocked 478 Ads/trackers, no joke. The reason for only giving 4 stars is that I wished it communicated with my Malwarebytes desktop application as well. As far as I can tell it does not. When the browser extension says it blocked malware I wished it showed up in my desktop applications protection results as well to show an overall security posture result that Malwarebytes is providing me. Overall very impressive I recommend.
- by Gato_Arcoíris, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Just installed. My old PC went from 0 to 100 in a second! It really did make it faster, and I cannot believe it. I've tried and liked the developer's other products, but this is the best so far.
Also, I love it is free. Developers don't understand some of us cannot pay for services even though we would if we had the means.
Malwarebytes understands this and offers a great free service that can be most definitely improved by those who can pay for it. Thus, no one is cheated out of a great add-on.
- by fivedollarlamp, a year agoRated 4 out of 5It's a great add-on, but I'd like to be able to see what was blocked in the statistics tab, instead of seeing a number only. If I see that it blocked a scam, I'd like to see which website it was blocked on and what the scam was. Otherwise, it's great.
- by CauseOfBSOD, a year agoRated 4 out of 5A good addon, my only complaint being that there is no way (correct if wrong) to use scam protection without preemptive blocking (i.e. blocking all .tk and .gg domains (as well as some others) and whitelisting known good ones). Also, I have not been able to whitelist some downloads, specifically those of Zeroshell (a Linux-based router distribution) and have to click through a warning each time, although I can verify these downloads are safe.