- by KaimTime, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Overall I'd say this extension has worked wonders for keeping me safe on the web, but lately it's been blocking cloudflare on any site that uses it; severely crippling my work website & making me waste an hour on troubleshooting why I couldn't log in.
was working fine until this morning, not sure why it's being this way now.
Developer responseposted a month agoApologies for the inconvenience, we had a bad database update which we rolled back that day. Please contact Support at support.malwarebytes.com if you are still seeing this.
- by Firefox user 16599150, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5The "did you copy something?" notice is extremely annoying. It pops up every time I copy text from a site I use for work and they stack! I hate closing out 10+ of those stacked on top of each other when I finish writing just one of dozens of emails for the day. From what I saw online and from playing with extension settings there IS NO WAY TO TURN IT OFF. Uninstalling until this is corrected.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoI'm sorry you had this experience.
If you click on the extension icon and disable scam protection from that site, you will no longer see that notice.
If you'd like to send us more details (site address), so we can investigate or if you have additional support questions, please create a ticket at support.malwarebytes.com.
- by oldmilkmaid, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Honestly, I don't remember when I added this to my Firefox, but last night I was working on my website, adding photos to a page, when suddenly I couldn't see the photos. Tried rebooting the computer - still couldn't see the pictures. Contacted my webhost (Webstarts) this morning and explained what I did and what was happening. They had me check different browsers - photos worked on Chrome and Viasat Browser, but not on Firefox or Edge. This was on the Webstarts working site as well as online on the public site. It only affected my website, no other webpages, and affected all the added (non-background) pictures and graphics. I finally deleted MBAMBG from Firefox and Edge, refreshed those, and it worked - I had my photos back. I don't know why BG doesn't get along with Firefox and Edge, for me, but I hope we can get it worked out - I love MBAM and Webstarts, and pay for both! It would be a shame to have to permanently drop BG so my website works properly!Hey there, we have identified & fixed the issue that occurred on Webstarts.
If you reinstall and give the add-on about 5 minutes to fully refresh its database the site should work as expected.
If there are any other issues, please reach out at support.malwarebytes.com.
If you are serious about privacy please provide an option to opt-out of data collection.Hi there!
To opt out:
* From the Browser Guard UI navigate to the Support page
* Untick the box that reads "Send anonymous telemetry to Malwarebytes"
* Telemetry collection will be disabled
If you are seeing otherwise, please get in touch with our support team at support.malwarebytes.com.
The information that is collected is atomized and is not attributed to any user.
- by Firefox user 13163623, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5A great browser addon to protect user, but after 6 months of use I have decided to remove it, so many false positives when I am looking at websites or downloading content (Legitimate applications embraced in the opensource community and alike)
just too many nuisances keeping it. a great app none the less.
- by KevK, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Why is there no standard Option / Setting to not show the ICON in the Adress-Bar and I have to manually hide it via FireFox if I want it on without showing the distracting Icon, also a second Option to NOT show the numbers of currently blocked items on the icon is necessary, AdBlockPlus for example does both of this, as they know some people don't want to be distracted and need to manage their space in bars on their own.
- by Nordic, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Add me to the list of those having downloads instantly cancelled. Just started recently. No problems before. Just image files at first and today started blocking .mp4 files. Help!!
Update - just added Malwarebytes Browser Guard to Chrome and the downloads work fine.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHey Nordic, I'm sorry you had this experience! We've identified the source of this bug and we will get it fixed as soon as possible.
Thanks for helping verify that Chrome is working.
While we get this fixed, temporarily disable "Scams Protection" on the page you want to download from.
- by Andy, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5This doesn't go far enough in removal of ads. Take Reuters site, there is a massive banner on the top of the page that doesn't get removed, fed by dianomi. Other pages are the same.
Current version has a very annoying console.log statement. I agree most don't see it; but imagine a programmer looking for bugs seeing it every page load, some script calls, etc.
Not quite what I expected from Malwarebytes.
- by Firefox user 12830855, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Just installed it and right away I see that it doesn't block email ads from my webmail inbox like Adblock Plus does. I have Malwarebytes Premium so I'm ditching the addon and going back to Adblock Plus.
- by Harlan, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I find it more of a nuisance than a help. It frequently blocks app downloads ("bad reputation") which I know are from trustworthy sites. It considers The Onion clickbait. It shows a badge with a number, but I don't know what that means, and it provides no information about what it is actually doing. I'm uninstalling.
- by WRS13, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Good extension, fulfills what promises, but break some sites without warning, such as https://www.hackster.io/, as it is a site that I trust and use for many years, I prefer to disable this Addon.
If you can tell me how to get around this problem, I'd continue with Addon.
Note: Even if you add the site to the "Allow List", it is still broken.
What blocks it is "Scam Protection", but by disabling it, would disable it for all sites.
- by Pac, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I use uMatrix and uBlock and am a very big fan of those addons but I figured I'd throw this on top and see what happened. It doesn't seem to have done anything detrimental to any of the sites I like to commonly browse and in some cases I can see an indicator on the icon showing that it's blocking something but I am not seeing any way of showing exactly WHAT it is blocking. It would be nice if it gave more information on the little drop down menu when you click the icon as to what it is actually doing.
- by Cesc, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Sometimes, when closing firefox, two processes remain open. When I want to open firefox again, the error 'Firefox is already running but does not respond' occurs. When I deactivate the extension, the error disappears. Tested on two different computers. Otherwise, great.
- by Josep M, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Have to experiment more, a bit dissapointed, at this moment, sites as descargas2020.com are still unbrowsable without noscript or ublock... malwarebytes could not do nothing with it...
- by Osdre, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Every time I closed Firefox it showed me a message that it had not closed properly, I had to uninstall Malwarebytes extension and the problem was solved.
It also does not work very well against advertising and pop-ups
Developer responseposted 4 years agocan you please provide an instance or domain where add-on failed to to block the pop up and ads ?
your feedback is valuable to us and we will be more then happy to resolve issues.