- Rated 3 out of 5by AMCarter3, 4 months agoI installed Malwarebytes Browser Guard on Firefox and Safari many months ago. It appears to work well in Firefox. However, in Safari the question is... how do I update it to the current version? There are 4 Browser Guard extensions added to Safari Settings. All 4 are ver 2.0.1, yet the App Store indicates the latest version released 10/25/23 is ver 2.1... and after opening it, it claims the new version is installed and active. However, it was NOT installed. The version in my Applications folder is still ver 2.0.1. This is very confusing.
- Rated 3 out of 5by FoxInBox, 9 months agoПользуюсь расширением несколько лет. Около месяца назад расширение стало сильно тормозить загрузку страниц. Я сбросил настройки расширения к заводским. Это частично помогло. Загрузка страниц всё равно занимает в 2-3 раза больше времени при включенном расширении. Надеюсь, что проблема будет исправлена.
I've been using the extension for several years. About a month ago, the extension began to eriously slow down page loading. I reset the extension to factory settings. This partially helped. Page loading still takes 2-3 times longer with the extension enabled. Hope the problem gets fixed.
- Rated 3 out of 5by BAZ.Andreas, 9 months agoI was happy to see this on firefox but .....there is a big one, after install watch how nice it works then close the browser and later on all my performance and page loading went down hill just like i was 56kb/s .....
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17911729, 9 months agoJust added to Mozilla Firefox. Using Mozilla Firefox since inception, approx 1990. Recommend by I.T.Employees and Contractors working for Several Browsers I have used since: Microsoft Bing,Edge,Google,Chrome,etc. On the side, cell or in person locally, Techs/Advisor to a person male/female mentioned thy use it BC best Browser. Independent, don't gather and sell Personal Info: all Volunteers Techies,I.t. Techs, Etc. Most work for Manufactures of Competitors,several I mentioned above. No, Absolutely Not! I do not work for or receive compensation or solicited for my comments/review. Age 80, been in internet business and employee and ownership of same before 1977. Major and occupation, small buisness: LLB,MBA,CPA, CFP, etc.
Just added it to Mozilla Firefox Windows Professional 10. Installed and used no problems since 1986-1990 initial Windows Hardware and Operating Systems, few problems, little slower loading, but no major problems. Offer most if not all options Bing and the other Browsers and MS Operating Systems and Servers.
Will update soon this review. Just installed Win 10 Professional and added to Mozzilla today 052123.
- Rated 3 out of 5by ONEEX, 9 months agoПо моим наблюдениям - данное расширение даже после рекомендаций разработчика всё равно ощутимо замедляет браузер. Мне пришлось отказаться от использования этого расширения до момента его наилучшей оптимизации! Optimise the product better!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13257406, 9 months agoEstava funcionando bem, mas a atualização mais recente está causando lentidão no carregamento das páginas. Depois que desativei a extensão, o problema acabou.A factory reset of Browser Guard has resolved this issue for many users.
To do so:
* Open Browser Guard
* On the top right, click the 3 vertical dots
* Click "Support"
* Click "Factory Reset"
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17900885, 9 months agonew update (May 11th 2023-FF 113.0 64 bit) is not allowing web pages to load (at all). Process of deduction of add-ons points to MB add-on as culprit.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Nazmond, 9 months agoCauses the whole browser to freeze up and crash in latest update (113.0), disabling it for now.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jewel, a year agoNear November 23, my Malwarebytes blocked 26,321 Ads/Trackers, which isn't the average amount it blocks daily. It would usually block less than 1,000 but 26,000 is a bit much. I don't know if this was a bug or not but I definitely did not enter any websites that could cause this.
A few days ago, when I entered a website, there was a Firefox warning that said Malwarebytes Browser Gaurd was slowing it down.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15145394, 2 years agoOk, but blocks images on some news websites. I don't see a way to white list sites, so I disable the extension. I'd give a higher rating if I could find out how to white list selected domains.Hey there, sorry you experienced that!
We have a guide to help with this situation here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039021953
If you have a moment, please submit a support ticket there as well to let us know the news sites with issues; we are always looking how to improve.
- Rated 3 out of 5by KaimTime, 2 years agoOverall I'd say this extension has worked wonders for keeping me safe on the web, but lately it's been blocking cloudflare on any site that uses it; severely crippling my work website & making me waste an hour on troubleshooting why I couldn't log in.
was working fine until this morning, not sure why it's being this way now.Apologies for the inconvenience, we had a bad database update which we rolled back that day. Please contact Support at support.malwarebytes.com if you are still seeing this.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16599150, 2 years agoThe "did you copy something?" notice is extremely annoying. It pops up every time I copy text from a site I use for work and they stack! I hate closing out 10+ of those stacked on top of each other when I finish writing just one of dozens of emails for the day. From what I saw online and from playing with extension settings there IS NO WAY TO TURN IT OFF. Uninstalling until this is corrected.I'm sorry you had this experience.
If you click on the extension icon and disable scam protection from that site, you will no longer see that notice.
If you'd like to send us more details (site address), so we can investigate or if you have additional support questions, please create a ticket at support.malwarebytes.com.
- Rated 3 out of 5by oldmilkmaid, 3 years agoHonestly, I don't remember when I added this to my Firefox, but last night I was working on my website, adding photos to a page, when suddenly I couldn't see the photos. Tried rebooting the computer - still couldn't see the pictures. Contacted my webhost (Webstarts) this morning and explained what I did and what was happening. They had me check different browsers - photos worked on Chrome and Viasat Browser, but not on Firefox or Edge. This was on the Webstarts working site as well as online on the public site. It only affected my website, no other webpages, and affected all the added (non-background) pictures and graphics. I finally deleted MBAMBG from Firefox and Edge, refreshed those, and it worked - I had my photos back. I don't know why BG doesn't get along with Firefox and Edge, for me, but I hope we can get it worked out - I love MBAM and Webstarts, and pay for both! It would be a shame to have to permanently drop BG so my website works properly!
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHey there, we have identified & fixed the issue that occurred on Webstarts.
If you reinstall and give the add-on about 5 minutes to fully refresh its database the site should work as expected.
If there are any other issues, please reach out at support.malwarebytes.com.
If you are serious about privacy please provide an option to opt-out of data collection.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi there!
To opt out:
* From the Browser Guard UI navigate to the Support page
* Untick the box that reads "Send anonymous telemetry to Malwarebytes"
* Telemetry collection will be disabled
If you are seeing otherwise, please get in touch with our support team at support.malwarebytes.com.