- by rocteur, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5I don't understand how people rate this with any stars.. I just installed it, tested it. with:
How am I going to know if this work or not
1) it didn't mention that I had no period at the end of the line
2) it didn't complain that 'work' is not conjugated correctly.
But it did mention that there is '1 more writing issue found', learn more, but then I have to pay 4.99 a months to see the suggestion I guess..
I don't get it, or did I do something wrong ?
The reply from the developer is just as funny as this extensions inability to pick up the two errors above. Buy the premium version or fix the free version yourself ;-)
Developer responseposted 4 days agoThe premium version finds more errors than the basic version, including the incorrect verb form in your example sentence. If you want to improve the free version, you're welcome to contribute to the Open Source version at https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool
Update: There's a free version you can contribute to and a premium version that people work on full-time. We pay these people by the revenue we get from the premium version. If there was no premium version, we couldn't pay these people. You will surely understand that.
- by Luciano, 5 days agoRated 5 out of 5An absolute recommendation from me! Helps me in my daily work and everyday life to improve texts and learn at the same time. The implementation in almost all apps and programmes makes it versatile. In addition, it can improve many languages. Top!
- by Eric, 8 days agoRated 3 out of 5The LanguageTool plugin works well; however, I have noticed that this plugin is inferior to the LanguageTool editor. I can apply all corrections from the plugin, then paste the corrected text in the editor and find additional corrections. I would have expected the same performance for both the editor and the plugin.
Note: I found the same issue with the Thunderbird plugin and added the same comment there.
Developer responseposted 8 days agoThe editor and the add-on use the same backend (unless you use a local server), so the results are the same. You might have enabled picky mode in the editor, but not in the browser add-on. If you still see differences, please contact our support (see https://languagetool.org/legal for our email address).