- Rated 2 out of 5by WeirdCon, 4 months agoI swear sometimes it just doesn't help you in some of the ways it used to and just presents the dreaded "advanced error" notification on the bottom right. I switched to LanguageTool to get away from just that but it seems to have creeped in here too. That and some words are just labeled wrong for no reason? I understand I'm on the basic plan but I'd rather not be pestered about what I COULD be fixing.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13347945, 5 months agoKennste das, du sagst einem Addon "Deaktivier dich", und bei der nächsten Aktion ist es wieder Aktiv, ohne dass du danach gefragt hast? Nein, ich eigentlich auch nicht ... so nervig, wenn ansich nützliche Addons duch so schwachsinnige Akionen so nervig werden, dass man sogar soweit geht, eine ish Rezension zu schreiben ...
Developer responseposted 5 months agoDieses Problem können wir nicht nachvollziehen. Unser Support (E-Mail siehe https://languagetool.org/de/legal) kann aber vielleicht weiterhelfen, wenn wir eine genaue Beschreibung der Schritte bekommen, die zu dem Problem führen.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17334742, 6 months agoI recently noticed that typing was being delayed. I spent ages trying to work it out. Uninstalles Firefox, reinstalled. Cleared cache. The I uninstalled this app. Not just stopped it running, uninstalled it and typing back to normal. Then I realised, it's not even been spell checking for some time now.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14481257, 7 months agoThe LanguageTool spell checker APIs are great, but I'm disappointed by the addon:
- adds a lot of noise in dev tools: data attributes, lots of opaque event listeners, dozens of CSS variables.
- I don't need constant nudges to upgrade to premium—I'll do it if I'm happy with the default version.
- the source on GitHub is outdated—where can I find the source for the new addon?
Developer responseposted 7 months agoThe add-on has to access the internals of each page to render errors, thus a lot of stuff shows up in the dev tools. The source of the add-on isn't publicly available.
- Rated 2 out of 5by yankee, 8 months agoKind of a useless addon... it takes you to a website where you can see the errors but it does not clearly show the correct spelling of those words.
It is far quicker just to use another service such as google.
Developer responseposted 8 months agoOur add-on underlines errors in the textarea where you type. It works on almost any website, but not on addons.mozilla.org because Firefox has turned off all add-ons here.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Delboy666, a year agoThis used to work brilliantly. However, it now only highlights grammar and spelling mistakes as clicking on suggestions no longer replaces the misspelled word or corrects the grammar.
I have removed and re-installed twice to try and fix this fault to no avail.
It is now of minimal use.
Developer responseposted a year agoSorry you're having issues, but you are the only one reporting this so far. The problem might be with other add-ons installed, you should try to temporarily deactivate them.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16513937, 2 years agoPour faire un test j'ai écrit une phrase contenant 6 fautes d'orthographe, et le correcteur ne m'en a signalé que 3, pour une note de 50%. Plutôt inutile!
Developer responseposted 2 years agoPlease post specific examples, it's impossible for us to improve LanguageTool without that. Also, LanguageTool is not optimized to detect errors that people add on purpose - these are typically different from the errors that people actually make.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15374389, 3 years agoRefuses to work no matter what I do. I have tried Restart Firefox, delete and reinstall the extension, Delete the extension then uninstall Firefox then reinstall Firefox then the extension. Nothing worked.
- Rated 2 out of 5by miguelk, 3 years agoI don't get it. In basic mode the ad-don does nothing. Right click on selected text opens new tab with misspelled word highlighted. And that's it. The misspelled word never gets replaced...and it shouldn't open a new tab either...as it is, it's useless. Please advise. Thank you...
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThe add-on underlines errors while typing. That works on almost any site, except addons.mozilla.org, Chrome Webstore and Google Docs and very few others. If it doesn't work for you, please contact me at the address given at https://languagetool.org/legal/, specifying the website where it doesn't work. Using the context menu to open a new tab is meant for static texts, not for texts you have written into a text area.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15007240, 3 years agoAbsolutely fantastic piece of software, except for when it stops working entirely to push you an incredibly unsubtle ad for their premium service.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThe basic (non-premium) checks always work, we're not aware of a single case where the premium ad made the basic checks stop. Please post details on how to reproduce to either https://forum.languagetool.org/ or contact us directly at https://languagetool.org/legal/
- Rated 2 out of 5by Mrowa378, 4 years agoThis addon is good but has some disadvantages burdens the operation of the browser and so websites, :-( while I would like such problems with this extension was not and I hope that over time it will change for the better by making another very large update : - )
- Rated 2 out of 5by sinekonata, 4 years agoIt is barely more useful than the default spell checker. What I wanted from this is an auto-detect for auto-switching languages. It hasn't implemented it. It also doesn't show the squiggly lines and is quite buggy.
But above all, it uploads every keystroke to its corporate servers... So... uninstall immediately, how bloated and intrusive is that? No thank you, either take all the code to the client add-on or don't make a spelling add-on at all....
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThe server component is more than 100MB large plus a few GB of data, I wonder how we should put that into the add-on? Also, if you're concerned about privacy, why don't you install the server locally? It's all documented under "Offline use".
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 11233054, 5 years agoI write:
El niño esta en la guarderia
LanguageTool corrects me:
El niño esta en la guardería
The right thing is:
El niño está en la guardería
eso esta echo
eso esta echo
The right thing is:
Eso está hecho
In Spanish the extension is still green, but it is a good idea