- by OMG_WaitWhat, 3 days agoRated 1 out of 5I have used this add-on several times, only to find that #1) It is the worst spell and grammar checker ever, and often highlights words and grammar that are correct. And #2) It significantly slows down my typing and browser. As soon as I removed it, my typing and browser speed was fine. I would give it NO stars if I could. Try Grammarly. It is much better. /// In response to the Developer. It affected all websites I use on Firefox. I've never had issues before, and when I removed your app, the slowdown stopped. As for bad corrections, I no longer use the app, so I do not have screenshots and wouldn't know how to post them here anyway, because there is no way to post photos. Sorry.
Developer responseposted 3 days agoIt's strange that it slows down typing for you, which websites are affected? Other users don't have this issue. Also, please provide some examples for bad corrections.
Update: As we have 100,000+ users who don't have this problem, this must be something specific to your installation. We're happy to solve the issue if you contact our support (email at https://languagetool.org/legal/).
- by Mike Richards, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5This tool prevented me from posting on Twitter over what it listed as grammar errors. When I attempted to override it, I was taken to a website wanting me to buy the premium version. I removed the tool. spell checking and grammatical checkers should only "SUGGEST". Maybe I wanted to be grammatically incorrect.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoLanguageTool never prevents you from posting anywhere. If the icon is in the way, that's a bug. Please report such cases to our forum at https://forum.languagetool.org.
- by Firefox user 16492643, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5It recently started making the txt jump around when sending DMs in twitter rendering it unusable. Before that I preferred it to the more popular one
- by Firefox user 16165202, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Even the premium version does not show simple article mistakes, and also the support team does not answer the questions.
My feedback was constructive with specific examples. You can check the emails. I received email from Christopher Blum at 12:51 Thu 12/11/2020 (EST).We answer every single feedback, as long as it's constructive. If you want LT to work better, we need specific example sentences.
Update: The sentence you later sent as an example is already detected on languagetool.org, the detection will soon be rolled out to all systems.
- by Edward Nordway, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Отвратительно! Просто прорва русских слов ему неизвестна. Программа сама себе противоречит и зацикливается в советах, но всегда не правильно.
Если слово чуть сложнее речи дошкольника, то его приходится проверять через гугл и игнорировать ошибку.
- by Oreo, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Completely context blind. It treats different lines as entirely different paragraphs and doesn't seem to be able to recognize something as simple as the end a sentence. Practically useless.
- by What???, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Very misleading with the trophy and high download count. It is painfully slow and often won't show up. Of course it provides inaccurate results too. It's ridiculously slower than the competition. Not recommended. Uninstalled.
- by Firefox user 10920788, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Gendersternchen sind Rechtschreibfehler, das habt ihr noch nicht wirklich auf die Reihe bekommen, oder?
Einfach mal danach suchen.
Die App hackt schon brutal, wenn man z. B. Interessante Videos eingibt meldet es einen Fehler und gibt Fremdsprachen Vorschläge ab. Aber auf die Idee kommt die App nicht, dass das eventuell deutsch sein könnte. Andernfalls passiert es dann, wenn man die Seite aktualisiert, die Sprache wieder erkennt.
PS. Auf YouTube ist mir das schon öfters passiert. Ich hoffe ich konnte helfen.Das Problem können wir leider nicht nachvollziehen. Schick uns doch bitte an support at languagetoolplus.com die Information, auf welcher Seite und mit welchem Text das passiert.
- by Firefox user 13293358, a year agoRated 1 out of 5si no pagas, te dan las migajas...Sorry to hear you're not happy with the free version. Hundreds of thousands users are happily using it, though. Also, the people working on LanguageTool full-time somehow need to pay their rent.