- Rated 3 out of 5by Pam Lamb, 2 months agoSnap fish would not let me resize the photo book after adding photos
Developer responseposted 2 months agoI am sorry that your Snapfish experience was unsatisfactory. CNET Shopping provides savings on your purchases, but any issues you have with a merchant, you should take up with that merchant.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12526911, 5 months agoAmazon Price Alert feature no longer works.Thank you for raising this issue. We have identified the problem and are working to fix it.
UPDATE: This should be fixed. Let us know if you are still seeing an issue.
- Rated 1 out of 5by JAMZWorld, 6 months agoA WASTE OF TIME! If I could give it a ZERO Stars...CNET Shopping constantly gives the wrong comparison prices. Either it's the wrong product ALL Together, the comparison price they used is the shipping only, the product price is higher or the total with shipping is higher! REMOVED!!!!!Sorry that you have not had a good experience. We are always looking to improve our product, but rest assured that we take your concerns seriously. We attempt to give our users the widest sourcing of alternative merchants, and in some cases we do not have shipping information available so we say "plus shipping" in the drop-down. I understand this may not be ideal, but we believe users would rather be made aware of cheaper prices even if there are potential shipping charges. There is not a perfect solution to the issue, but be aware that we are trying our best to provide users with as much information as we have available.
- Rated 5 out of 5by firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 months agoI'm glad to have CNET Shopping on computer. It's good to know, and use it's price alerts.Just wanted to let you know that we have identified a bug preventing users from logging into the Price Alert feature, but we are working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14490558, 10 months agoI highly recommend Adblocker as it is very stable and after years of use I have determined that it is by far the best application for the process of blocking ads from within your internet browser application.
** Troubleshoot Adblocker PART I **
I didn't realize that I have been using this add-on for such a long period of time. As an adblocking add-on it is extremely stable. If you find that your bro2wser is allowing ads and you have this blocker enabled then here is how you can fix the problem:
1) Close browser, then after browser processes all stop restart the browser.
(The browser may complete an update that it downloaded and has been waiting for the browser to be restarted so that it can complete the update process. Chances are that all is well, now.
2) Does the problem persist? i.e. is the browser still passing adds to you?
Solve: Close firefox, SAVE ALL WORK, REBOOT PC. After it comes back do a second power cycle, RESTART, either from the logon prompt or from a desktop. (Sometimes PCs are holding onto updates or repair processes and they will run very slowly. If it has been some long period of tome since you last rebooted then allowing the OS to complete 2 consecutive reboots can be advisable. I find that it often bails me out of very slow systems or ADBLOCKER passing ads to me. when I have it activated.
3) Does ADBLOCKER still not function correctly?
click TOOLS, Add-ons and Themes, LOCATE THE ADD-ON near the top of the list. Left click the ... menu located to far right side of the add-on, left click REMOVE. Allow the add-on to remove itself. (I recommend closing all windows, saving all work and doing a system shutdown and allow the system to turn off.