Rated 3.7 out of 5
3.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 6058963, 9 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have this add on for more than one year, I suppose, but forgot completely about it because it never ever shows any comparison price. Maybe I visit the wrong places ;)Hi,
Thanks for the review, as you can see from our extension gallery we update InvisibleHand regularly - have you tried uninstalling and then installing the latest version of InvisibleHand? Or perhaps you've downloaded another extension which conflicts with InvisibleHand over the past year?
We will be able to help further if you drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by Soul Fox, 9 years agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent add-on though does not always show price comparison - seems a little temperamental.
Note to developer:-
Install rdf presently showing <em:maxVersion>8.*</em:maxVersion>
Should be 9.01 (or 99 as I have amended mine ;) )
- by pacman, 9 years agoRated 1 out of 5I did review this before, but can't find it anywhere. This simply does not work...then it does...then it doesn't. At first I thought it was because of adblock plus or better privacy, but even with them disabled this does not work. Well it works sometimes, then other times it doesn't.
No I will not email you for further help, as the fact is that an add-on should work upon download and not need any messing about with.Hi,
Thanks for your review. InvisibleHand covers over 600 retailers and 1000s of products, but we're still expanding.
Perhaps when you don't see a notification it is because we haven't added that retailer yet? We love hearing suggestions from users for retailers they regularly use and would like to see in InvisibleHand, it maybe a case of we haven't come across them yet - or unfortunately they don't have the right criteria to be picked up by InvisibleHand's price searches.
Another reason you might not see a notification is if the retailer hasn't added the common product code to this product, if the product doesn't have this code then it won't be picked up by InvisibleHand in the price search. These product codes are vital as products can't be compared only by name, the names vary between retailers whereas the product codes never do.
I hope that helps and you can continue to save money using InvisibleHand, don't forget to just ask if there's a retailer you want to see added.
- by Adler , 9 years agoRated 1 out of 5tried with the example given in the InvisibleHand page and the plugin suggestion is different from what the page says... bummer. time waster!
- by HCB301, 9 years agoRated 3 out of 5I can't start Invisible Hand, how i can bring it to work?Hi,
Thanks for the review, have you checked in your Tools > Add-ons to see if InvisibleHand is there and if it's enabled?
If it's not there then it hasn't downloaded, for more help email email@example.com :)
- by Firefox user 6015486, 9 years agoRated 4 out of 5A very useful add-on that helps to save a lot of money. It´s not as annoying as other add-ons, that occupy too much space on your screen. On the downside, more retailers need to be integrated into this add-on.Hi Scott,
Thanks for your review, we would be happy to hear any suggestions for retailers you would like to see on InvisibleHand. Just email them over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will hopefully be able to add them for you!
- by worwac, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5The developer replied promptly concerning the problem with IH and FF 8.01. Based upon their instructions the add on now works correctly. don't know why it caused a problem in the first place but, it now works as it should and I appreciate their quick response!
- by King Moose, 9 years agoRated 1 out of 5One big con, because they only put in sites they get paid for (no Ebuyer for instance), hence when I was looking at a "samsung syncmaster b2230h" it told me the best price was £142 on oyyy.co.uk, when I checked elsewhere there were around eight better places including Tesco for £95.
A complete waste of time.Thanks for your review, InvisibleHand actually works with over 600 retailers and we're constantly working to add more.
In most cases, when a retailer appears to be missing, it's actually because that retailer is unable to provide product data, not because of commercial considerations.
If you have any other questions please let us know either here or email them to email@example.com
- by Z300M, 9 years agoRated 3 out of 5Earlier versions of Invisible Hand used to be quite useful, but more recent versions often grab small parts of an item description and show a totally different kind of item that just happens to contain the same sequence of characters. E.g., today I was checking the price of a P101 battery for a Ryobi power tool on the Home Depot Web site, and Invisible Hand showed me a T-shirt on Amazon that just happened to have a catalog# of P101. Ridiculous!Hi,
Thanks for your comment, we'd love to help if you would like to email us an example URL of when this has happened?
We use price feeds from retailers and use their product codes to compare the prices, not the product names, so this shouldn't happen! Thanks for letting us know, we really appreciate hearing any user issues so we can fix them for the future!
Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with an example URL.
- by JMB, 9 years agoRated 4 out of 5I resell PC products and aggressively seek the lowest price so I can offer competitive pricing to my clients. I read about this in a ZDNet newsletter this morning and after reading a few reviews here, plugged it in about an hour ago, so these are initial impressions.
Comparison pricing is accurate and includes all of my main go-to sites. Amazon vendors appear to be included in their lowest price. Toolbar is nicely done with no "figgering" needed.
Noticeable site lag while IH compiles initial comparison pricing, but acceptable. Not sure of long-term add-on impact to FF. Does not include shipping and this is perhaps my largest concern so far. Competitive SH will drive one out-of-pocket higher than another with a lower list. The Retailers button drop-down does show shipping, but perhaps a pricing consideration to weigh for future builds.
It appears it will save my browsing time quite a bit. So far so good. I like it.
- by RedDwarf, 9 years agoRated 1 out of 5It used to work fairly well for me, but recently it has stopped and doesn't find anything at all. On many sites such as google search, it very rarely even show the toolbar. When it does show the toolbar saying it is searching for cheaper prices, it never finds any.
I think that this has only occurred since I updated to the latest version 3.1.5.
I installed the latest version in both Cyberfox 52.9.1, Waterfox 56.2.12 and Firefox 65.01 to try it out and it still does not find any relevant results. The best it came up with for product searches were USA $ results and that was after setting the preference to United Kingdom. After 8 years since my first review, it still does not work!! Utterly useless IMO.
- by DMiller, 9 years agoRated 3 out of 5Five stars for functionality, 1 star for tracking and non-disclosure.
Author deserves to generate income from this extension, but full disclosure is needed:
Amazon and Buy.com links are direct and only include an affiliate code.
- by humbert, 9 years agoRated 1 out of 5I've tried all these buying add-ons, and so far the best (or least worst) I've found is Similar Sites, which is not specifically for buying but has that feature as an add-on.
- by santer, 9 years agoRated 4 out of 5The latest update is halted by noscript and the page has to be approved temporarily before it will shift from checking prices
The previous version was not affected this way
- by JonathanMurray, 9 years agoRated 2 out of 5Most recent update (before 4/6/2011) has made Invisible Hand display advertisements where they are not welcome... finding obscure product matches for random google searches? Not cool. Popping over my iGoogle page because I follow store RSS feeds? Not convenient. Disabling until an option is provided to exclude pages or an "on demand" toggle. Otherwise, great product (when I'm shopping!)I'm pleased to say that there are no ads in InvisibleHand. For over a year, InvisibleHand has had the option to show product notifications at the top of Google search. They're not ads, and most users find these useful. However, they are optional and can be disabled via InvisibleHand preferences in the add-ons manager.