Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by Apollo!, 6 years agoRated 1 out of 5I had the opposite problem. I honestly had rarely used it and for the longest time I couldn't get it to do anything.
After reading a bunch of these comments I went and selected a bunch of random products. It was as if it wasn't even there.
- by Peter J, 6 years agoRated 2 out of 5I agree with the other recent reviews -- this add-on used to be great, but it has now become too invasive. Not only does it pop up on most Google searches (which I do not want!), but it totally locks up the browser.
This add-on desperately needs either 1) an on/off toggle, or 2) a way to create a blacklist of sites to ignore
Developer responseposted 6 years agoMany of our users have expressed a preference to disable InvisibleHand on Google.com search pages. We're happy to report that the extension no longer appears on such pages.
We also understand that many users find this feature useful. To accommodate both preferences, we are working on a future release that will give you the ability to control whether or not InvisibleHand shows up on Google search pages.
- by Thepipe, 6 years agoRated 3 out of 5I've used this add-on for quite a while and like it. However, lately, it's been interfering with my password manager. When I try to log into sites, I get an alert telling me I'm not on the site the password is intended for. My password manager claims I'm on the Invisible Hand site - which is not the case. This add-on needs a feature that allows users to specify sites on which it should not be used. The conflict is getting annoying and I may have to disable Invisible Hand if it continues.
- by Armand, 6 years agoRated 3 out of 5I have a love/hate for this addon. It has saved me money in the past, but now, every Google search for a product, even for reviews gets halted while Invisible hand searches for a price.
There needs to be an option to temporarily disable this when not searching for a price. Regretfully I have to uninstall.
- by Top10, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5if you shop online regularly, you'll appreciate InvisibleHand. Not only does it save you the hassle of comparing prices, but you get prices you won't find on Google Shopping. Where it really saves you hassle, however is by alerting you to coupons. In my experience, the coupons are much more reliable than what you generally find with a google search.
Edit: I love the new design. Oh, and it just saved me $22. Thanks!
- by jerseyboy007, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Seems like recently InvisibleHand added coupons to the toolbar. It is finding me a lot more savings as a result. I saved over $100 during the holidays. Love the new changes.
- by NE-Phil, 6 years agoRated 1 out of 5I removed it.
At one time, this was a very helpful and useful extension but the last few months it has become invasive, attaching itself to way too many windows.
When trying to remove using the x button on a pinned tab, it opens a duplicate tab instead.
- by bytehead, 7 years agoRated 2 out of 5I haven't really been doing enough shopping to know if this is truly useful for me or not.However, I am about to rip it out of my system and completely forget about it, since every time I hit the X to go the hell away, it comes back. Extraordinarily annoying when I'm on Google search and my search has nothing to do with shopping at all! Evidently clicking the X causes a refresh of the page, and IH decides it needs to pop up again. This is not good behavior by any measure.
- by pjbeta, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5Lately the results from the tool have been COMPLETELY inaccurate to the point that it isn't even worth having installed!
Developer responseposted 7 years agoHello there,
Sorry to hear that InvisibleHand isn't working up to its usual standards for you! Would you be able to send us a few examples to email@example.com and then we should be able to help get this issue sorted!
- by Chuck Darwin, 8 years agoRated 1 out of 5A great idea, but it has been a waste of time. There has been only one occasion when the add-on has been useful for me. Otherwise, it has only been a distraction. It almost invariably does not compare like products, or it compares prices between vendors with very different prices for shipping.
- by Firefox user 6554866, 8 years agoRated 4 out of 5Seems to fully support US-UK websites only.
for basic functionality and
for "Reviews etc" menu.
You need also to let
store cookies on your system.
- by TequilaMockingbird, 8 years agoRated 2 out of 5Has been most helpful until last couple of days, but now, simple things like DVD price-hunting, up comes, 'Cheaper price found! Buy this for £2.97 at The Hut.com' and when you click on the link, the price was £30-odd AND out of stock. Later the same day, same search, similar silly low price on The Hut, but, again, high price and out of stock.
Developer responseposted 8 years agoHi,
Thanks for your review. Fortunately we became aware of this problem today so it has just been fixed! You will start to notice this if you restart your browser.
I hope that you continue to use InvisibleHand for all your shopping needs! If you have any other issues do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by Firefox user 6314575, 8 years agoRated 1 out of 5nice thing...
but isn´t really working in germany.
was searching for a Geforce GTX 560 Ti.
(some URL:http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0051W5WXW/ref=asc_df_B0051W5WXW8652242?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&tag=googledeprodu-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22494&creativeASIN=B0051W5WXW !! http://www.amazon.de/GigaByte-NVIDIA-GeForce-Grafikkarte-Speicher/dp/B0050MUTUY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1341658993&sr=8-4 !!)
most time the toolbar didn´t even appeared.
you said on your website IH is able to learn. How?