Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12531918, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5The list in popup, especially a big one, opens too long - caching it would be nice. It's just downloading the list each time I open it.Thanks for the feedback. Well actually, the popup isn't downloading your list everytime, only downloading the delta (new items) if you've not opened the list in the last 15 minutes. If you have lots of items (> 500 I'd say), I suggest you enable the pagination, if it's not been done yet. It helps a lot and is now enabled by default for new users.
- by Firefox user 13845749, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Impossible to list the various specific ways in which the old Pocket streamlined my online work experience, and now ... well, the new version's more stable and most certainly is more accessible. I estimate that Pocket sometimes saves as much as a half-hour's sheer drudgery each day. Thanks, Mozilla Firefox!
- by Yaku, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I just installed this addon, as there was a problem with my old pocket extension. Right from the start everything is as it should be, hence 5 stars.
The icon are, at least for my test, little bit too big, but I think I can live with it, otherwise everything seems to be fine.
I just noticed there is no way to access archived articles within addon, also there is no way to sort saved articles alphabetically, or by time, like it was in the old Pocket extension. Maybe that is something that could be changed in the future.Hey yaku, thanks for the review and the feedback. Accessing archived items from the addon won't be done soon (might do someday, I even have some ideas about this, but also identified issues I'd need to overcome first), but as for sorting, it'll be done much sooner. It's not a top-priority thing for the moment, but it definitely is in the list of features I will add over time. You can have a look at the current roadmap over here if you're interested : http://bit.ly/inmypocketroadmap
Thanks again for your constructive review :)
- by mimteatr, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hey, giving 4 stars for your effort, great add-on! But... it's really heavy, I mean slow to load and scroll, to respond :(
Pierre-Adrien, thanks for your quick response, your solution works wonderfully, thanks again!Thanks for the feedback. Well it shouldn't be heavy at all... If you have lots of items in your list (say several hundreds or thousands), then try to enable the pagination in the settings, and it should all come back to normal.
Update 04/2018 : sorry I missed your answer. Glad it worked :)
- by Hiromacu, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Cool add-on, it's really useful!
I just have one request: option to change the color of the menu ribbon (what is turquoise right now) would be great. ;)I'm glad the addon is useful for you :) As for the "ribbon colour themes", this has been asked once or twice I believe. This is not at the top of my todolist and it might take a while before I can work on this, but still, it's dully noted and recorded in my backlog (you can find the roadmap here : http://bit.ly/inmypocketroadmap). Thanks a lot for your review and your suggestion :)
- by Firefox user 13635560, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Update! the bug (triming items to just 5000 also seems to happen in firefox dev edition, I guess it had more items for some reason, but now syncing trims it back to 5000. Hope you can fix it (BTW i replied to your comment and sent you a message, but no response yet).
This is wonderfull! Thank you very much for doing what Firefox themselves should have done since a lot of time now (they now own Pocket FYI)
But I found what seems to be a bug.
For some reason, if I use the extension in Waterfox (the fork of firefox that still supports several legacy extensions), anytime I sync my Pocket, the count badge "trims" at 5000 items, even if I have more. Now, if I add new items during that session, they add correctly, showing 5001, 5002, ... 5027 or whatever. It is only if I sync it via the button, that it resets to 5000.
I thought that it may have deleted my oldest items past 5000 (everytime I manually sync), but I checked in Firefox Developer edition and the badge count in there correctly shows my current (6454 at this moment) item count. I currently don't have regular firefox installed, but I assume the badge count shows correctly there.
I assume that for some reason, in Waterfox, it just fetches the most recent 5000 items, while in Firefox it fetches all of them.
Could you look into it! Thanks again!