- by Firefox user 14358075, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5The quick key to save an article does not appear to be working in the latest version. (Being this is the reason I installed the extension, 4 stars feels generous. Hope the dev can get this fixed soon.)hey, thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to see what's happening here. Are you Tyler that have created an issue about this on bitbucket? https://bitbucket.org/pabuisson/in-my-pocket/issues/22/keyboard-shortcut-to-add-page-broken
Edit: it's been fixed :)
- by Firefox user 14137281, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I just installed In My Pocket and am running to dinner, so I am in no position to tell you of much experience using it. I've only just begun with Pocket, too, so proceeding slowly. I was blown away by how cleanly and nicely it installed itself! Synchronizes cleanly, too, Pocket presents itself well (and saved materials), on a variety of devices. I will try to supply updates in a while but, at the outset, I'm impressed.
- by Strelok, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, use it all the time. Only gripe [which may not be an issue in the near future] with it is that it forces the Alt + Q keyboard shortcut binding to open the popup with no obvious way to change it. Disappointing because I am trying to use Alt + Q as an Alt Tab alternative inside Firefox.
Edit (9/17/2018): Updated rating to a 5/5 following developers response.Hey Strelok, thanks for your feedback! Actually, not long ago, there was no means to customize a keyboard shortcut in Firefox for addons developers. It's recently changed and I've worked on this lately, as you can see in the project roadmap (http://bit.ly/inmypocketroadmap). This feature will be available in the next version that I'm currently testing. Hope you'll like it :)
- by Firefox user 14222256, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I LOVE that I'm able to use Pocket again, thank you so much!! I really miss the Recommended by Pocket articles on my Firefox home page, though. SO disappointed it went away after I did a free space Drive Wipe to get rid of some hanging problems. Before that I had the latest version of Firefox, but still had the Pocket icon in the address bar and the Recommended by Pocket articles on my home page. Then I read about how Pocket doesn't work in Firefox any more, so I added the In My Pocket add-on. Is there any way you could bring back the Recommended by Pocket articles to my Firefox home page? That's the only thing that's missing in an otherwise GREAT add-on. Again, thank you.Hey, thank you for your feedback. Someone told me about the idea of a "start page" a while ago. For the moment, it feels a bit "out of scope". Plus, I wouldn't be able to show recommended content: Pocket does not expose an API to external developers for this... I believe your best bet would be to re-enable Pocket in your Firefox, and only hide the second pocket icon in the address. Like this you'd be able to use InMyPocket and still access the recommended by pocket on your homepage ;)
- by Rick, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5PLEASE...INTEGRATE "ADD TO POCKET" TO THE "IN MY POCKET", ICON! OR AT LEAST A RIGHT CLICK ON THE ICON OPTION, ETC. POCKET BUTTON ON ADDRESS BAR IS OK...BUT IT TAKES UP VALUABLE SPACE FOR US THAT HAVE OTHER ADDONS, ETC...AND, IT CANNOT BE LOCATED TO OTHER AREAS!
PLEASE ADD OPTION AS SOON AS YOU CAN, SO EVERYTHING IS AVAILABLE FROM "ONE" ICON! THX!!!
- by Yoshimano, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Many thanks bringing some of the old features back to life through your own extension!
This works well and is especially efficient while browsing through lots of entries. The "random" article is very welcome, it arrives even before Pocket has implemented it itself (not talking about iOs here). Great idea, then!
Talking about numbers, such an extension is useful for Pocket geeks, likely to have "tens of thousands" items in their list (just quoting you here).
Therefore the 5000-items limitation seems a bit odd and somehow defeats the purpose. Is there a way to get rid of it, or at least increase the max boundary (looked through Firefox's extension settings but didn't find your extension's ownsettings).
Or maybe just throwing ideas for the next bunch of updates, then?
Thanks for your work !
- by Spyros Tzortzis, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you so much for making it possible for me to use Firefox again. Also, thanks a lot for letting me know there are ~3.200 items on my reading list, this list is going to die after me.Haha you're welcome :) Might be time to go through the list maybe... but don't feel too bad, some users store thousands of items (even tens of thousands according to Pocket support!), so 3200 is not so bad actually! And thanks for your feedback, I'm happy you find the addon useful!
- by Invariable_Muse, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension! I was missing the option to save articles via the right click menu. With the basic Firefox integration I was forced to open new tabs to save articles. Not anymore! Thanks.