- by Firefox user 13693661, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good replacement for the old Pocket add-on. Make sure to enable pagination in the extension's settings if you have a big reading list (like I do).Thank you for the feedback! Indeed you're right about pagination and big reading lists. Maybe I should enable the pagination by default, or enable it if the first synchronization with pocket contains more than 500 items for instance. I'll think about this.
- by Captain Packrat, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5For years I've used the old Pocket addon to transfer web pages from my phone to my desktop. I was afraid I'd lost that when I upgraded to Quantum, but this addon allows me to continue avoiding Pocket's own crummy service.
- by k m, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Any chance to support labels soon?I'll work on it for sure but I'm doing this on my spare time and can't promise any date or deadlin. I've had quite a lot of work for the pagination, now we're improving it with the help of contributors and fixing pagination-related bugs, and I have other big features like the tags to add after that, but many others. Tags is the most awaited one and I need to think how I'll deal with this, from a user interface perspective mainly. Thanks for your feedback!
- by Firefox user 53956, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Sweet extension! I'd like to see a feature that puts my Pocket saved pages list on a new tab page. That is, when I click the "+" to open a new tab, or hit Ctrl-T, I'd like an option to see my Pocket saved pages list on that new tab by default.Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion. I've never thought of this , but this is indeed a great idea, love it!! I add this to my roadmap. Don't exactly know when, but I'm pretty sure this would be a great and useful addition to the addon. Thank you!
- by Firefox user 13631973, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5perfect extension
But Sir I still have some questions and ideas :
1) After FF change to the new version , the old Pocket Extension was disabled and I lost all my reading articles I saved before . Do you know how to recover all those ? Please help me :((
2) In the old Pocket List when we click save an article we are reading a half of the page , so the next time when we re-open that saved page, the page just come back from where we were reading " the last half page " . But the new version doesn't work that way , it turns back the beginning of the page . Do you know how to fix this problem ?
Thank you for your big contributionHi and thanks for the feedback.
1. I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to find the "archived" items (page you've read before), you can do so by going to the getpocket.com website, there's a "Archives" section where you'll find the old items
2. Well it's an interesting idea. I'll add this to my list of features I could implement. I like the idea. Needs some thinking though. Thanks for the idea :)
- by Firefox user 13545704, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Brilliant add-on !
Works very well, just like I want it to.
Very fast, especially after enabling Pagination.
So happy to get the original functionality restored :-)
- by DGM09, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's not perfect (yet), but it's the best.
Thanks for the add-on.Thanks! Maybe one day the default integration of pocket into Firefox will be better and this addon won't be needed anymore, but in the meantime, we do need such an addon :)
- by Firefox user 13509526, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It would be nice to have the option to sort the pages alphabetically. Is it possible?
Update! The Last Wish: editable titles.Yes it is, I intend to do it. Pagination was my big project for this end of 2017, quite a lot of code and testing behind. I think 0.8.0 will bring favicons and rewrites for clearer code, and I have no idea what the next developments will be. I'll consider adding the sort, I think it makes sense now that pagination is 90% developed. Thanks for your feedback :)
- by Firefox user 13596820, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Man könnte meinen die Mozilla-Leute hätten die Aufgabe gehabt das Pocket-Addon mit möglichst schlechter Usabiltiy zu integrieren. Diese Aufgabe wurde perfekt erledigt ;-). Danke Pierre-Adrien für dein Add-on.Bitte :) I've also waited for a long time for a better integration of Pocket into Firefox (they seem to be working on this since v57, maybe better things to come in the future?), or find another addon, but nothing came. I'm glad other users find this addon helpful! Vielen Danke für deine Rückmeldung.
- by Firefox user 13592916, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I extensively use tags to categorize the articles I save to Pocket, so regrettably this app doesn't help me because it just shows one continuous list. I'm uninstalling.
- by Firefox user 13591866, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It works, but it has one annoying issue: when you add something to the reading list in one device and then you login in another device, the read list does not update automatically, you have to click on the button for it to happen.Hi and thanks for the feedback :)
Indeed, when you add an item from another device and immediately open InMyPocket on Firefox, the new item is not immediately visible. I can't access the pocket service everytime the popup is opened in order to keep a sane amount of requests to the pocket service. However, in case you've not retrieved the list of items for 15 minutes or more, then the delta is always retrieved from pocket again, to make sure you don't keep too much of a difference between InMyPocket items list and your actual Pocket items. I agree it's a tradeoff and therefore not perfect, but I believe it covers most use cases :)
Do not hesitate to reach to me on @pabuisson or http://bit.ly/inmypocketcontact if need be, I'll be happy to answer.
- by Firefox user 13579085, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I don't get why they kept he half assed pocket integration. It pisses me off more than just not having it at all. If you're going to have it integrate it well. Like just putting what you've done into the bookmarks would probably be perfect. Either way thanks.
Would it be possible to disable your button that's added to the address bar(the one for adding to pocket)? I ask because I like how the default firefox one allows you tag it right away if you want.
- by sudowtf, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5thanks again! tag editing soon? icon color options? (prefer red rather than pale blue)Hey! I've worked a lot on pagination those last weeks, and I expect to have some related fixes in the coming weeks (I've already worked on several fixes today) since it implied quite a lot of code and changes everywhere. Tag editing not soon I'm afraid since this will be another "big feature" and I might not have enough time in the next weeks. Icon color option would be easy to implement I believe, I don't forget it :)