- by Firefox user 13631973, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5perfect extension
But Sir I still have some questions and ideas :
1) After FF change to the new version , the old Pocket Extension was disabled and I lost all my reading articles I saved before . Do you know how to recover all those ? Please help me :((
2) In the old Pocket List when we click save an article we are reading a half of the page , so the next time when we re-open that saved page, the page just come back from where we were reading " the last half page " . But the new version doesn't work that way , it turns back the beginning of the page . Do you know how to fix this problem ?
Thank you for your big contributionHi and thanks for the feedback.
1. I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to find the "archived" items (page you've read before), you can do so by going to the getpocket.com website, there's a "Archives" section where you'll find the old items
2. Well it's an interesting idea. I'll add this to my list of features I could implement. I like the idea. Needs some thinking though. Thanks for the idea :)
- by Firefox user 13545704, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Brilliant add-on !
Works very well, just like I want it to.
Very fast, especially after enabling Pagination.
So happy to get the original functionality restored :-)
- by DGM09, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's not perfect (yet), but it's the best.
Thanks for the add-on.Thanks! Maybe one day the default integration of pocket into Firefox will be better and this addon won't be needed anymore, but in the meantime, we do need such an addon :)
- by Firefox user 13509526, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It would be nice to have the option to sort the pages alphabetically. Is it possible?
Update! The Last Wish: editable titles.Yes it is, I intend to do it. Pagination was my big project for this end of 2017, quite a lot of code and testing behind. I think 0.8.0 will bring favicons and rewrites for clearer code, and I have no idea what the next developments will be. I'll consider adding the sort, I think it makes sense now that pagination is 90% developed. Thanks for your feedback :)
- by Firefox user 13596820, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Man könnte meinen die Mozilla-Leute hätten die Aufgabe gehabt das Pocket-Addon mit möglichst schlechter Usabiltiy zu integrieren. Diese Aufgabe wurde perfekt erledigt ;-). Danke Pierre-Adrien für dein Add-on.Bitte :) I've also waited for a long time for a better integration of Pocket into Firefox (they seem to be working on this since v57, maybe better things to come in the future?), or find another addon, but nothing came. I'm glad other users find this addon helpful! Vielen Danke für deine Rückmeldung.
- by Firefox user 13592916, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I extensively use tags to categorize the articles I save to Pocket, so regrettably this app doesn't help me because it just shows one continuous list. I'm uninstalling.
- by Firefox user 13591866, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It works, but it has one annoying issue: when you add something to the reading list in one device and then you login in another device, the read list does not update automatically, you have to click on the button for it to happen.Hi and thanks for the feedback :)
Indeed, when you add an item from another device and immediately open InMyPocket on Firefox, the new item is not immediately visible. I can't access the pocket service everytime the popup is opened in order to keep a sane amount of requests to the pocket service. However, in case you've not retrieved the list of items for 15 minutes or more, then the delta is always retrieved from pocket again, to make sure you don't keep too much of a difference between InMyPocket items list and your actual Pocket items. I agree it's a tradeoff and therefore not perfect, but I believe it covers most use cases :)
Do not hesitate to reach to me on @pabuisson or http://bit.ly/inmypocketcontact if need be, I'll be happy to answer.
- by Firefox user 13579085, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I don't get why they kept he half assed pocket integration. It pisses me off more than just not having it at all. If you're going to have it integrate it well. Like just putting what you've done into the bookmarks would probably be perfect. Either way thanks.
Would it be possible to disable your button that's added to the address bar(the one for adding to pocket)? I ask because I like how the default firefox one allows you tag it right away if you want.
- by sudowtf, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5thanks again! tag editing soon? icon color options? (prefer red rather than pale blue)Hey! I've worked a lot on pagination those last weeks, and I expect to have some related fixes in the coming weeks (I've already worked on several fixes today) since it implied quite a lot of code and changes everywhere. Tag editing not soon I'm afraid since this will be another "big feature" and I might not have enough time in the next weeks. Icon color option would be easy to implement I believe, I don't forget it :)
- by Rajitha, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you so much for reviving the old pocket addon for Firefox.
Unfortunately Pocket(or should I say firefox) has removed the ability to search by tags in the free version.
I got reply from Pocket team regarding the tags issue. I think the reason below is why you can't implement tag search option. Hope this helps.
Thanks for contacting Pocket Support, Rajitha! I'd be happy to explain a bit more.
In the free version of Pocket you can only use our Search tool to find items by URL or title. We do offer a way to search Tags unless you use the full list.
You will need to look at the Tag list to search by a tag in the free version.
However, our Premium feature does offer Tag search in the Search Bar. You can learn more about our Full-Text Search Premium feature by following this link: https://help.getpocket.com/article/894-pocket-premium-full-text-search
Please let me know if you have any questions on this!
- by Firefox user 13519871, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks so much for doing this! I almost gave up on Firefox (57.0) after finding it doesn't support the old firstname.lastname@example.org I was installing from a file. I don't know why they messed with a perfect formula that was the old readitlater, but that's progress for you!Glad to help :) I had stopped using the old addon a long time ago, it was getting too complicated to keep on using it. I asked Pocket once or twice why they did and sent them ideas and suggestions for the pocket integration... it was "taken into account" but honestly, the new pocket integration is still completely useless to me, compared to the old addon. And it looks like I'm not the only one in that situation judging by the feedback I get.
- by cdamian, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very nice to have the ond functionality back.
One thing I am still missing is the filter by Inbox/Archive/...Yeah indeed, I can't do this at the moment. And honestly, I have some ideas about how this can be done, but it's a whole new thing for the addon and for the time being, I'd like to keep it focus around the main features. Still, having a way to search in "archived" items would be pretty cool. I'll add this to my own backlog, if one day I can look into this. Thanks for your feedback!
- by Firefox user 13492630, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a great addon, really helpful. Opening the list of recently added items from a toolbar is much easier than opening Getpocket website in a separate tab.