- by Firefox user 13635560, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Update! the bug (triming items to just 5000 also seems to happen in firefox dev edition, I guess it had more items for some reason, but now syncing trims it back to 5000. Hope you can fix it (BTW i replied to your comment and sent you a message, but no response yet).
This is wonderfull! Thank you very much for doing what Firefox themselves should have done since a lot of time now (they now own Pocket FYI)
But I found what seems to be a bug.
For some reason, if I use the extension in Waterfox (the fork of firefox that still supports several legacy extensions), anytime I sync my Pocket, the count badge "trims" at 5000 items, even if I have more. Now, if I add new items during that session, they add correctly, showing 5001, 5002, ... 5027 or whatever. It is only if I sync it via the button, that it resets to 5000.
I thought that it may have deleted my oldest items past 5000 (everytime I manually sync), but I checked in Firefox Developer edition and the badge count in there correctly shows my current (6454 at this moment) item count. I currently don't have regular firefox installed, but I assume the badge count shows correctly there.
I assume that for some reason, in Waterfox, it just fetches the most recent 5000 items, while in Firefox it fetches all of them.
Could you look into it! Thanks again!
- by Firefox user 13693661, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good replacement for the old Pocket add-on. Make sure to enable pagination in the extension's settings if you have a big reading list (like I do).Thank you for the feedback! Indeed you're right about pagination and big reading lists. Maybe I should enable the pagination by default, or enable it if the first synchronization with pocket contains more than 500 items for instance. I'll think about this.
- by Captain Packrat, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5For years I've used the old Pocket addon to transfer web pages from my phone to my desktop. I was afraid I'd lost that when I upgraded to Quantum, but this addon allows me to continue avoiding Pocket's own crummy service.
- by k m, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Any chance to support labels soon?I'll work on it for sure but I'm doing this on my spare time and can't promise any date or deadlin. I've had quite a lot of work for the pagination, now we're improving it with the help of contributors and fixing pagination-related bugs, and I have other big features like the tags to add after that, but many others. Tags is the most awaited one and I need to think how I'll deal with this, from a user interface perspective mainly. Thanks for your feedback!
- by Firefox user 53956, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Sweet extension! I'd like to see a feature that puts my Pocket saved pages list on a new tab page. That is, when I click the "+" to open a new tab, or hit Ctrl-T, I'd like an option to see my Pocket saved pages list on that new tab by default.Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion. I've never thought of this , but this is indeed a great idea, love it!! I add this to my roadmap. Don't exactly know when, but I'm pretty sure this would be a great and useful addition to the addon. Thank you!