- by Firefox user 14159406, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Extension is a Roach Motel for saved articles: you can check them in, but you can't check them out, i.e. remove them.
Developer responseposted a year agoHey! Not sure what you mean by that, since there are both "mark as read" and "delete" action icons in the addon popup, that is shown when you click IMP icon in the browser toolbar? I'd love to read more about this.
- by Makku293, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It's a good add-ons. However, I can't access to permissions to be able to keep removing.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi, thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you want to tell me more, you can send me a message through this contact form, I'll be happy to try and help you: http://bit.ly/inmypocketcontact
- by Firefox user 13360870, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'm torn.
What makes this add-on better than Firefox Pocket function? It remembers when you have saved a page. You come back and the icon will indicate you already saved it.
What does Firefox Pocket function do better? You can set tags when saving a website. I wish this was possible here, too.
- by Firefox user 14033065, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Not bad. I think the main feature that is missing in the "new" pocket that mozilla implemented was offline reading. Your documentation does not mention if it has implemented that feature or not, you should probably post that also in case any other person wonders. I downloaded mainly to check for the offline compatibility but it seems that you have not implemented it yet.Thanks for your feedback. Indeed, I've not implemented this and you're the first user asking for this feature, tbh. I added this to my todo list and will reflect on this, I don't expect to add this feature shortly though. But I keep it in mind nevertheless, since this could be a great feature. Thanks again for your review.
- by Firefox user 13191033, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Wont´t load. It says an Error occurred.Hi and thanks for your feedback! Indeed, I noticed this 2 days ago as well. It looked like the pocket service was returning an error when I was reaching it, but I had no more information. It's back to normal since then, and I'm contacting pocket to know if they have a clue about what happened. You should now be able to load your pocket items as usual. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018.05.04 update : got an answer from Pocket and the issue was indeed on their side ;)
- by Firefox user 13592916, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I extensively use tags to categorize the articles I save to Pocket, so regrettably this app doesn't help me because it just shows one continuous list. I'm uninstalling.
- by Firefox user 13591866, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5It works, but it has one annoying issue: when you add something to the reading list in one device and then you login in another device, the read list does not update automatically, you have to click on the button for it to happen.Hi and thanks for the feedback :)
Indeed, when you add an item from another device and immediately open InMyPocket on Firefox, the new item is not immediately visible. I can't access the pocket service everytime the popup is opened in order to keep a sane amount of requests to the pocket service. However, in case you've not retrieved the list of items for 15 minutes or more, then the delta is always retrieved from pocket again, to make sure you don't keep too much of a difference between InMyPocket items list and your actual Pocket items. I agree it's a tradeoff and therefore not perfect, but I believe it covers most use cases :)
Do not hesitate to reach to me on @pabuisson or http://bit.ly/inmypocketcontact if need be, I'll be happy to answer.
- by d9k, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Thanks for the extensions, but I can't find options to edit hashtagsHi and thanks for your feedback! For now, tag edition is not yet supported. It's been asked several times but it will be an important development and I have lots of other features to work on before. But it's in a corner of my head and I'll add this one day, for sure. You can have a look at the current roadmap here if you're interested : http://bit.ly/inmypocketroadmap
- by firefoxtrot, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Does it do something different than the built in button?
I miss the color indicator that lets you know when a page is saved.To be honest, I don't undertand your comment. The addon provides a popup listing all pages you have in your pocket list (which is not provided by the integrated "add to pocket" button), and it does color the indicator in the address bar if the page is already saved.
- by giacomp3, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5It's great because It is similar to the old official Pocket add-on, but this doesn't have tag support.Thanks for your feedback ! Yes, I expect to work on this some day. But this is a more complex feature than others, impacts several parts of the addon so it needs a bit of time for thinking and development (and I don't have that much available those days haha). But this is definitely in the roadmap :)
- by jinijiro, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5我似乎是第一個下載者, 也是目前唯一的使用者, 但別氣餒, 我相信你還有太多想做而未完成的部分. 我會繼續使用這個 addon, 因為它至少不比內建的差, 雖然還有些 bugs (ex: removes an entry from list makes entry item flashing on list menu from addon button, ..etc; btw, tags editing is more necessary :-)). 很感謝你做出這個 addon, 並希望你能繼續完成所有你想要做出的功能.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoThanks a lot for your support ! I'm also encountering the "flashing" bug on one of my two Firefox instances, and I'm working on solving this right now. Hopefully, I will manage to publish a fix in the days to come :)