by Firefox user 14661803, 2 years ago
Rated 2 out of 5
I love 1password, but I've had many issues with this add-on. I use Firefox Developer Edition and I frequently find that this add-on will crash, or cause the entire browser to hang.
Developer responseposted 2 years ago
Thank you so much for reporting this. We ❤️ beta testers! I’m not a Firefox Developer Edition daily user, but I do test 1Password X on it. Does this happen on any site(s) in particular? We’d love to troubleshoot this with you. If you’re up for it, can you please send us an email with steps to reproduce the issue at email@example.com so we can get to the bottom of this? Thank you!
- by mhv, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5Very difficult to use. Cannot work out how to make it work with passwords. Am going around in circles with adding apps that cannot be opened.Hey mhv,
We’d love to help you get around with your 1Password and guide you through everything!
The best place to start is here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
In addition, we have a really great support team ready to help you out! Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org with any and all questions you have and our team will guide you through it all!
- by Firefox user 17080108, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5Stuck on loading. It only opens if you have the desktop app active as well. Was wondering which one to choose between Dashlane, 1Password and BitWarden...now I have one less option to choose from.Hey there,
Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with unlocking 1Password in your browser.
It sounds like something we can easily fix with you though! Please feel free to email us all the details to email@example.com and we’ll troubleshoot this with you as soon as possible!
- by Firefox user 17079849, 5 days agoRated 2 out of 5This is the only password manager that I use and trust, but the constant problems it has really annoys me. The main problem I face now is that the 1Password plugin on Firefox has stopped asking/accepting/prompting the TouchID, making me write my really long and complex main password every 15 minutes. I wish it would keep the features it had instead of silently removing them and making the app harder to use instead of easier.
- by Pestilence76, 6 days agoRated 5 out of 5Truly the greatest cross-platform password manager available. I have use this software on 6 devices on iOS, macOS, and Windows with each having multiple web browsers and I have yet to experience any of the problems that generate the 1 star reviews and have to think that a majority of the problems are user errors.Hey Pestilence76,
Thank you for the awesome review!
It is definitely hard to build a cross platform software that integrates and works with 3rd party apps such as browsers and have it work perfectly for millions of users, but we sure are going for it :)
We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying 1Password on all of your devices!
Keep on rocking.
The 1Password team.
- by Firefox user 13597181, 8 days agoRated 4 out of 5using it for years now and was satiesfied all the time. Only downsight now is that since the one update the extension now opens the 1password app instead of unlocking the browser addon. This takes a few seconds and sometimes stucks. Not a game breaker but still somewhat annoying. Still 4 stars for great Tool which is worth it's money!
Developer responseposted 19 hours agoHey there,
Integrating the extension with the desktop app has some great advantages, such as being able to unlock with the computer’s biometrics or Windows Hello, as well as keeping the extension unlocked even if you quit the browser.
If you’d like to revert that change and go back to a standalone extension without integrating to the desktop app, you can do so from the extension’s settings page:
Right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser’s toolbar -> Settings -> Turn off the “Integrate with 1Password app” option there.
That’ll provide you with the same experience you had before we introduced the integration :)
- by Thomas, 9 days agoRated 1 out of 5Worst issue is that it loses all data unexpectedly and need to find and enter the secret key from the printout stored in a safe place to regain access to the database. The expectation is that it should never lose data and only lock the vault or remove the stored secret key if instructed.
Developer responseposted 19 hours agoHey Thomas,
The extension will “forget” your account when you clear the browser’s cache. If your browser is set to clear cache automatically every time you close it, you will need to re-authorize your account on every launch.
If you have the 1Password desktop app installed on your computer, it can set up the extension for you on every launch without you needing to input the Secret Key every time.
If you have further questions about this, feel free to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org