- by Firefox user 16821514, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Do you guys test anything before you release it? Seriously. A blind monkey writes more usable code. Extensions are supposed to make the user experience easier with fewer steps and more reliable interactions. This latest "upgrade" is none of those things.Hey there,
If you are experiencing issues with 1Password in your browser, we’ll be more than happy to help you troubleshoot it and get things working properly.
Please email us all the details to email@example.com so we can investigate the issue(s) you are having and provide you with solutions.
- by Firefox user 15160276, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5The 1Password extension no longer works. 1Password is trying to move long-time users to a subscription model we NEVER asked for. Time to move on to a new password manager.Hey there,
This extension only works with a 1Password membership account. If you have a standalone license and local vaults, please use 1Password Classic instead: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
1Password Classic still works as you are used to and expect from 1Password for standalone license users
- by andrew, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5used to be very reliable.Hey Andrew,
1Password is still very reliable! If you are having any issues at all, we’ll be more than happy to help.
Feel free to email us all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you up and running with a proper 1Password experience :)
- by Keerthi, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5It was working perfectly last week. Now it just doesn't work where Ctrl+Period doesn't work and clicking on the icon doesn't open most of the times.
Can you please fix it before we escalate them internally within our company?Hey Kreethi,
We’d love to troubleshoot this issue with you or with someone from your company. Please email us all the details to email@example.com so we can investigate and help you guys get everything working properly.
- by CassieA, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Re-directs me to another site. It doesn't allow log in with 1Password.Hey CassieA,
That doesn’t sound right. Can you please email us all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate and troubleshoot this with you?
Thank you kindly.
- by Firefox user 14271790, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Autofill stopped working many months ago, and the 1Password browser extension issues are only getting worse. It has become more work to try and use 1Password, than it is worth.Hey there,
Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with 1Password.
We will be happy to help you get things working properly if you’d allow us. Please email us all the details to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- by snikad, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5The password field detection works pretty well. However, since the latest update, the extension disappears periodically from Firefox and needs to be re-enabled manually. From a UX standpoint, there should be a way to find a password from the database in the password field widget instead of having to use 1Password itself. It's an unnecessary step that only adds frustration.Hey snikad,
1Password should definitely not disappear or be disabled for no reason. That sounds like an issue we can troubleshoot with you!
Feel free to email us all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll gladly investigate it with you.
- by Firefox user 16894169, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5I just wrote a disgraceful review of OP due to their lack of TPM support, well what do you know, a few days later they release this very nice browser extension with support for windows hello. The King is Back bitches!