Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by rob, a year agoRated 1 out of 5It's been an extremely frustrating first two days with 1Password in general and much of the issue is these browser extensions. Unable to figure out how to change my original (weak) passwords using 1Password on my phone I figured I do it on my laptop. But neither Chrome nor FIrefox extensions work...well, worked once or twice but not the last, oh, 15 or so times I've tried. And I've tried changing passwords on a variety of sites, uninstalled/reinstalled the addons a few times, rebooted, etc. Not sure I'll be a 1Password customer by the end of the trial period...Hey Rob,
Are you still having issues with changing your password or getting the extensions working reliably? If so, please email us at email@example.com so we can help you get things sorted out!
- by chteuchteu, a year agoRated 5 out of 5The latest version hugely improved performances
A must have! Awesome extension.Hey Chteunchteu,
Thanks for the great review! 1Password X is constantly being developed and updated so further improvements are inbound all the time!
Enjoy your 1Password :)
- by Firefox user 15085104, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I've been a user of 1Password for close to a decade now. I was so happy that they made 1Password X for Firefox. I had previously used their browser extensions on Mac and Windows and I knew the integration is stellar. 1Password X did not disappoint. It helps me create unique, strong passwords for every site, auto-fills my credentials upon asking me (without any significant number of false positives, which is exceptionally rare among password managers) and even handles the 6-digit TOTP TFA codes for me. When I had a technical question about the encryption used its developers were more than happy to address it than waving me off or giving me a market-drone reply. That was impressive and what truly sold me; you get to talk to the developers if you have a problem, not some script-reading, underpaid kid packed in a sardine can sized cube halfway across the world. But I digress. The features of 1Password X are well worth the small annual fee, especially if you go for their family plan.Hey there,
Thank you kindly for the awesome review! We’re glad to hear your experience with 1Password is so great.
If you ever need anything, feel free to email us or write up about it in our discussions forum and as always - we’ll be there to help :)
- by felipe1982, a year agoRated 4 out of 5I would love to edit items in the addon and not have to open another page. But otherwise 100% excellent addon.Hey Felipe,
We are working on integrating 1Password X with the 1Password 7 desktop app. Once that is done, you will be able to edit logins without opening a new tab. This feature is currently in beta on our Mac version so you can try it right now if you’d like. You can find the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/#to-integrate-with-1password-for-mac
- by sed, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Terrible experience. When I try to make 1Password to suggest a password in a password field, Firefox becomes unusable. Not just the current tab but any tab. 1Password doesn't respond at all and I have to disable and enable 1Password so that I can at least use Firefox again.Hey Sed,
Are you still having this issue? If so, please send us an email with all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to help you get things sorted.
- by Anita Graham, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Since installing this add-on and the latest version of 1password I am frequently unable to do simple things like save a new item, without opening the 1Password app and/or the website. The experience needs simplification. Still not sure why there are two extensions (1PX and 1P).Hey Anita,
You can save new logins in 1Password X right from your browser. You can find the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/
1Password X works directly with our cloud service, which not all users have. That is why we still have and support for the good old companion extension, so all users can keep using 1Password and enjoy it :)
If you have any further questions please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- by MusicMan, a year agoRated 1 out of 51Password is the best software of it's kind; perhaps it should be considered life-essential. But excluding 1Password 6 customers from being able to use the new extensions is a true disappointment. Heavily investing in the Family iOS and desktop versions in 2013, it's understandable that ongoing development cannot be funded exclusively by new customers, but eliminating the previous extension version without giving users the opportunity to pay for it... again a disappointment. It is likely I'll upgrade to 7, but the change to having my data reside on their servers is of concern - having been president of a technology company I will share that (in general) having the data stored (even in an encrypted format) does hold much higher risk than encryption options used with 6 and earlier. The only online storage we've identified as the safest is pCloud (I'm not a former employee). I'll be checking out specs shortly.Hey MusicMan,
I think you might have missed some very important points of information here that will make you very happy:
- This extension does not work with the 1Password desktop app and does not access local vaults on your computer, but instead it reads and writes data to our cloud service where our users vaults are stored securely. This extension works completely differently than the good old companion extension that you are used to, but that is not to push on or force users to move to our membership service at all.
- You can still download and install the companion extension which will still work with your 1Password 6 and Firefox, no membership required. You can find it here: https://1password.com/browsers/
If you do decide to join our membership service, you do not have to store your data on our servers. You most definitely can keep working with local vaults, but then again - you won’t be able to work with 1Password X.
- We still sell standalone licenses for 1Password 7, for customers who don’t want or need the membership service and its bundle of features and benefits, though I highly recommend you sign up for the 30 days free trial and check it out for yourself before making a decision.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.