- autor: Shimbee, pred 5 hodinamiHodnotenie: 5 z 5The addon used to be mediocre and I encountered a few problems and missing features I needed. This led me to use another speed dial addon. But now this addon has improved and is one of the best group dial addons, the developer has worked well on it. This addon is also much faster than the previous Speed Dial addon I was using, the homepage loads instantly and there are much more options overall. Thanks Sir
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred 39 minútamiHello,
I'm so happy to hear this :). Please let me know if there is more to be improved. I'm noting all feature requests and those most requested are being implemented sooner.
I've released version 17.0 yesterday with some requested fixes/features and soon I will be releasing 17.1 with new batch of new features.
Have a nice week :)
- autor: gamerz651, pred 20 hodinamiHodnotenie: 5 z 5when i load a thumbnail from an url, the size is bigger and not adjusted to the "square" of the dial. i don't find where to do it, or if it is possible.
(i cant answer to the developper so i wish if i edit my comment he can see it, if not i will post a new comment)
in fact there is already an option fill (stretch) or cover. that was what i looked for
thanks 5 stars
can you add an option that adds the favicon as a thumbnail?
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred 19 hodinamiHello,
In the "Edit dial" window on the "Visual" tab you can change the thumbnail position.
In the upcoming release it will be automatically set to "Center (contain)" for all custom images.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12993026, pred dňomHodnotenie: 4 z 5After test other options this is the best replacement for fvd speed dial.
You need learn how to use it , could be more intuitive but in the end works.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 13955094, pred dňomHodnotenie: 4 z 5I imported the settings from FVD Speed Dial. However, the thumbnails were not applied, so I set the dials one by one. This was a very painful process. I had to open the same folder for each dial, open the image with the same name as the dial, and set the position to the center. I had to do the same thing over and over again until I lost my mind. Why can't it set all at once for each group? I synced the cloud-dials with my main PC, but the visuals remained "Create thumbnail" in Firefox on my other laptop. I don't have the energy to do the same painstaking work on my laptop anymore. Please let me know if there is a solution.
Thanks for the suggestion, no more despairing about syncing between PCs.
I'm looking forward to the new version which will make thumbnail setting easier.
For example, it would be nice to be able to batch register images with the same name as the dial as thumbnails from the local hard disk. And it would be easier to specify the visual position as a whole, and select the exceptions individually later.
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred dňomHello,
You can transfer data including thumbnails - just check the "export also thumbnails" checkbox when exporting them (from Options page / Import backup tab).
If you want to synchronize them through the cloud, you need to enable thumbnails synchronization in the Options page / Thumbnails / "Enable automatic thumbnails synchronization".
If you have questions or idea for improvement, please write me email. I'm gonna release new version soon where thumbnails setup will be much easier.
- autor: hugo, pred 2 dňamiHodnotenie: 1 z 5If you want to fall into the same trap as with FVD Speed Dial sending your data to the cloud, go ahead and use this one. I wouldn't recommend it.
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred dňomHello,
The cloud account is optional - if you don't create account, no user data will be stored on the server at all.
I'm just an honest developer trying to make a world a better place :)
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12278011, pred 2 dňamiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Lots of features locked
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred 2 dňamiHello,
The full list of Pro features can be found here:
But I would say all basic features should be there. My addon didn't have any Pro features for a first few years, I've stared adding them only much later on.
Feel free to contact me to my support email if you have troubles setting it up, I know some things are not as intuitive as it should be. I'm working on those now...
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 17149681, pred 3 dňamiHodnotenie: 4 z 5Всё хорошо. Не нравится только невозможность менять размеры миниатюр, слишком уж большие по умолчанию.Hello,
Right click the group name / Edit group - there you can change number of rows / columns which will change the size of the dial.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 5926074, pred 3 dňamiHodnotenie: 5 z 5Migrated from FVD Speed Dial. Only the dissatisfaction points are listed below.
I would be grateful if you could answer.
・ Thumbnail> Create your own Text ........ I can't use Japanese.
-It is annoying that the Edit Dial screen is displayed when you click the blank part of the Group Dial.
-Many sites did not load the image with Edit Dial> Thumbnail from public liblary, so I processed it with Custum thumbnail from file.
-Thumbnail may lose its shape due to a bad setting operation.
Normal for FVD Speed Dial
Partially collapses when using Group Speed Dial
Thank you for answering.
I was able to make a satisfactory setting.
You can safely migrate from the FVD Speed Dial.Hello,
The "Edit dial" can be disabled in the Options page / Dials tab / "Disable quick edit with left click".
My public library is currently pretty empty. I'm working on a brand new one which should give nice images for much much more domains. I will start working on this next week.
When using custom image, you need to switch the thumbnail position to "Center (cover)" - you can do this in the "Edit dial" window on the "Visual" tab. In the next release, this will be a default position for custom images.
If you find more issues, please write them to me to my support email.
Thank you for your feedback!
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 14124440, pred 4 dňamiHodnotenie: 3 z 5Works well after a steep learning curve. Only showstopper I found was after meticulously setting it up in Firefox and exporting including thumbnails, it fails to import that file into a fresh install on Chrome. Ideally, this local export should make any browser it's imported into look exactly the same, wallpaper, sizes, and thumbnail pics.
5 stars if this is possible and works, along with adding the ability to globally make "Center (contain)" the default.Hello,
Yeah, the "Center (contain)" should be default for custom images, I will fix this in the upcoming release.
Also, you say import in Chrome failed? That's sounds impossible, it's build from the same source code, it must work :). I will investigate now. And you are right, after the import it will look exactly the same.
If you have a lot of dials and thumbnails, the import may take a while depending on your drive speed (slow SSD can take a whole minute or more to import 40MB backup file).
Could you please write me to my support email what was the size of the exported file? And was there some error written? And did the dials at least partially imported?
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 14341308, pred 4 dňamiHodnotenie: 1 z 5Trying to add images on the dials is a nightmare as with FVD the sizing was NEVER an issue now I have to try and find a proper size for the dial???? If this is ever resolved the rating will go up.
**Update to reply*** - Again NEVER needed to do ANY of this with FVD so even though that addon was "shady" at least it was easy. Your basically only speed dial alternative so I am going to continue using but having all these extra steps that I never needed to do before is what kills your rating from me....Sorry just my honest review.Hello,
If you are adding custom images, make sure to change "Position" to "Center (contain)". You can do it in the Edit dial window / Visual.
I know some things are not as intuitive as it should be. I will be releasing new version next week that should simplify things :)
- autor: Bertie, pred 4 dňamiHodnotenie: 5 z 5Hello, I am also a switch from FVD speed dial to Group Speed Dial.
I really like the features.
A Pro I also find good, however I do not like to spend a monthly amount for it.
Better would be one-time amount, one-time payment for an unlimited term.
I have one more request.
How can a dial be moved in such a way that all dials continue to be
go crazy and not get traded?
I mean insert a dial and move the entire list order of dials down.
Hello, Juraj Mäsiar,
Thank you for activating the Pro version.
Everything is working fine so far and I am very satisfied.
I'm looking forward to seeing it once I've looked at everything and I've tried it all.
Many thanks for your work on the addon.Hello,
Regarding moving the dial - if you drop the dial on the "gear icon" you will be able to choose "Insert above/right/left/below" which will move in a row and place the dial there. But it will also resize group (add row/column) if there is not enough space.
I will be adding new "Dynamic mode" soon that will make things work similarly to other popular addons so there it will work as you expect. I will try to add it next week.
Regarding Pro version, please write me to my support email what exactly do you have in mind and I'm sure we can think of something.
- autor: viceroy, pred 4 dňamiHodnotenie: 2 z 5the add-on is ok, unfortunately i can't show my hundreds of shortcasts as thumbnail and i can't change the number of columns. if I have less then it work, as I said, over a certain amount of thunbnails it doesn’t work as Speeddial
How can i change it ???
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Problem is like KBC is describe!!!!!!!!!!!
I have Speeddial from the Blacklist removed now its working again and i will wait till something happen in the positiv wayHello,
You can change the rows/columns from the "Edit group" window - right click group name.
You can change the layout to "Fixed" and enable group scrolling which will allow you to add many rows.
I'm working on new layouts for the upcoming release to make this easier :).
- autor: KBC, pred 4 dňamiHodnotenie: 5 z 5GSD could not import any of the dials from FVD speed dial. I watched the youtube video of how to import the dials several times and tried several times. All that is imported is the Group headings and no dial headings/url's or anything. Some of my groups have more than 40 dials and I had adjusted the group columns & width to be 6 X 12 dials. Still failed to import a single dial. Waited for an hour for the import to take place - Failed to import. (Though "Import successful" was shown in the options tab and "Save" done.) I tried both the methods described in the you tube tutorial (including unzipping the Speedial.sd file). So help me if anybody knows a workaround.
Reviewed on 28/Nov/2021: I tried again after reinstalling GSD. Did the import of FVD speed dials as described in the developer's You tube video. Pressed "Saved". Waited for a minute. Then shut down Firefox. Restarted Firefox and, lo behold, all my dials in FVD Speed Dial had been correctly imported to GSD, all correctly arranged in the respective groups. All that remained was to refresh the thumbnails in the various ways available in GSD. (This can take some time if you have 300 dials or so, like me).
Finally, changed the "extensions.blocklist.enabled” pref value to true in firefox's "about:config:".
Changing my rating to 5 stars for this extension. I really appreciate the hard work done by the developer. He updated his extension as soon as he came to know of the problem. Wow!Hello,
I've released new version 16.9 just yesterday that fixes the problems with the import.
It should work now.
Feel free to contact me to my support email if it somehow doesn't work. I've already helped some other users with the similar issue.
- autor: Docmex9, pred 4 dňamiHodnotenie: 2 z 5When I had "Speed Dial" I would give it 5 Stars. Mozilla Firefox took it upon themselves to Delete my "Speed Dial" app. As far as I'm concerned this is an "Invasion of Privacy". I'm Old enough (71) and smart enough to make my own decisions. If I want to use "Speed Dial" it is MY responsibility if I want to take a chance with an app. And my machine is covered by "Malwarebytes", "Key Scrambler", "Torguard" and "Windows Security" as well as "Windows Firewall".Hello,
I understand your frustration with data loss, but I think you got confused with the addons, the original you had was "Speed dial [fvd]".
This is a different addon made by different, non-shady, hard working developer :).
Anyway, if you need help with data recovery from the competitor addon, please contact me to my support email and I should be able to help you.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 16899019, pred 4 dňamiHodnotenie: 5 z 5Можно ли как-то получить pro единоразывым платежом?Hello,
Well, probably in the future, after I finish upgrading my server and payment system.
But if you contact me to my support email, I'm sure I can give you some nice offer.