- autor: Oshoreiki, pred 2 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5I used to love this add-on until the moment I updated my Firefox to 70. Now it is a crap working full of problems. Are you trying to fix the issues?
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred 2 rokmiHello Oshoreiki,
Please contact me to my support email with additional info (what exactly is not working as expected).
I haven't made any changes for last 4 months, so things should work as before (I'm testing it with every new Beta / Nightly release).
Also there will be a new version 14.0 released any day now so if you found some bugs, please let me know and I can include the fix in the new version.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 15259983, pred 2 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5drag & drop feature doesn't work in android.
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred 2 rokmiHello,
Yes, I'm really sorry but this is very hard to do... I have no idea how to implement it right and there is so many other features that needs to be done.
Until then, you can do this on desktop and let changes synchronize over the cloud.
- autor: Jezze, pred 3 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Why doesn't this add-on use my existing bookmarks to display links and folders as tiles. It makes absolutely no sense to have another bookmark manager! Is there even an import function?Hello,
Yes there is import feature - in the Options page / Import backup tab - see the "Import dials from Firefox bookmarks '.json' file" option.
The synchronization with bookmarks is planned feature and it will come in the future. But it was not requested by many users as other features.
Have a nice weekend :)
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12533355, pred 3 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Sin last updates to the "fast"Firefox this add-on is reporting continuous crashes. Even my system is experiencing BLUE SCREENS when the extension is allowed in my Firefox.
I would somebody mail me with a similar issue to let me know how to solve the isse as I don't see other reliable option to substitute my speed dials for another extension.Hello,
If you are running 10.6 or 10.7 version AND your Firefox version is below 60, for example 56, then you need to reinstall my add-on (make sure to backup your dials first). Sadly the new version released today is no longer compatible with unsupported versions of Firefox and you need at least Firefox 60 ESR.
So you have two options now:
1) upgrade your Firefox to at least Firefox ESR 60 or current release 62.
2) install older version of my add-on 10.5 from this page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/groupspeeddial/versions/
(but you will need to uninstall current version first - also make sure to create backup of your dials before you uninstall it!).
However since your Firefox 56 is no longer supported by Mozilla - I'm strongly recommending you to upgrade your Firefox. Your version 56 doesn't contain any security updates released in version 57 and above.
Also if you have more issues, please contact me to my support e-mail.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12331816, pred 3 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5I liked the old Speeddial more. Clicking on the upper right hand corner of a dial brought up a full menu of options. With this one, I still haven't figured out how to delete a dial, rename a group, etc. So I'm a techno-peasant, admittedly....Hello,
All of these actions are available through context menu - right click the dial or group name.
You can now access the "Edit group" window also through the Options button on the top-right.
All options are in the separate Options page.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12404536, pred 3 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5I really like the ability to personalize. There are many who are moving from "Speed Dial" by Josep del Rio because it has the ability to use the Ctrl with more than a single digit. For people like me, who have 20 groups and more than 200 pages, I find it easy to access them by memorizing the number and only typing it with the Ctrl. I feel that otherwise this AdsOn is excellent, but I still occupy modzilla 57.0 because I do not have that facility in any other AdOns. And to be honest, this is the one I like the most and the one I see the most in the future. I would love to have that option, since it is really very comfortable and makes the navigation very efficient and precise, more when I use 4x4 groups and only my first page has 12 very frequent pages. To incorporate a similar or better solution, not only would it put the 5 stars, but it would change my rating in SpeedDial to promote the use of its AdOn, since that function to many even made them change to WaterFox or in my case, not update to Quantum.
- autor: lordmax, pred 3 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Every other speed dial don't have problem this ask for a reset of all my extensions data and no one know what else.
I don't care if is a ff bug or not, find a workaround to fix it
In response to Juraj Mäsiar
Yes I know, I'm a developer too
But the problem remains
Use some different components for your extensions.
I have more than 35 extension at now. More than 5 of them use the IndexedDB database and only your have the problem.
At least change component, use a local sqllite insteadHello,
I'm really sorry for the inconveniences, but please understand my situation. I'm just using the tools I have available. If the tool is broken, all I can do is complain to the manufacturer.
Currently the tool is the IndexedDB database and the manufacturer is Firefox. And the situation is even more complicated because of other software in your PC that want to "help" you by cleaning and corrupting your Firefox database.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 13285061, pred 4 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5У меня много закладок и они были в старом speedial рассортированы по многим папкам. Теперь из этих папок в доступе только половина. Как-то однажды система давала доступ к остальным. Но как это произошло я не поняла, так что потом я все равно осталась без половины своих закладок. Так что в принципе приложение по сравнению со старым очень слабое...Hello,
Your groups are there, you just don't see them. The group-list is actually scrollable, but you can also:
1) increase Group list height to 50 in Options page / Groups tab, to see two rows of groups (you can also decrease font size or reduce spacing)
2) use group-dials instead to navigate between groups, you can see that in the introduction video with the group-dial "Work" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvT4w-R8hJU)
3) rename groups with long names :)
But as a user with 3 big monitors I can also recommend you to buy a bigger screen, like 27" with QHD resolution (2560x1440) - it's a great way to increase productivity and you can fit a lot of groups there.
I hope this helps.
Have a nice day :)
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 13840886, pred 4 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5I have had contact with the developer to tell them of the issues of disappearing Group Speed Dial from pinned tabs and also not showing up despite it being set as the home tab.
Still not been able to get to the bottom of it.
This happens in new versions of FF on both W10 Pro and W7 Enterprise.
Still not sure why this happens.
It gets very annoying to continuously have to pin the Group Speed Dial tab. Wish I could have the old Speed Dial tab back as that was very reliable!Hello,
This is a Firefox bug - every add-on that you pin will disappear after it's upgrade. And since I'm actively developing my add-on, there is a lot of disappearing (I've released new version even today).
I could program a work-around that would store the position of pinned tabs and then restore them after the upgrade, but it's not easy and there is just no time for that right now (I'm really sorry, but as a full-time addon developer my income is now extremely low and I need to focus on things that maters...).
Have a nice day :)
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12421395, pred 4 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Well worse than speed dial which was discontinued for some reason. Speed dial was really great extension - much easier to use and more convenient. That's why I started using Waterfox as other very useful extensions were dumped from Firefox too (like FireFTP and FireSSH etc..). Too bad. Firefox used to be my favorite browser. Latest changes were a big step backwards in my view.Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that. If you could send me an e-mail with specific issues, I'm sure I can improve stuff.
The feedback is very important as for me as author, everything seems simple and intuitive (even when it's not).
Have a nice day :)
- autor: Capel, pred 4 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Не отображается при запуске, корявый интерфейс, не поддерживает горячие клавиши на диалы (или не нашёл этого).Hello,
To set it up as homepage, please follow the steps in Options page / first tab / first line.
To enable hot-kes support, please install support add-on:
Have a nice day :)
- autor: upfront09, pred 4 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Buggy as heck! The concept is great but it has crashed quite often. I was using SpeedDial before Firefox 57 and was basically force to use this. I have already sent a few reports when it crashes. I get a yellow bar on top of the browser asking me to stop it or wait. Since Firefox 57 came out I'm still to load all my dials across my computers. Hope it's improved soon.
- autor: lifejazzy, pred 4 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Очень частые необъяснимые падения (Windows 10, 64-bit).Hello,
There is a lot of known Firefox issues listed in the description.
If you find an issue not listed there, please let me know to my support e-mail.
I'm fixing most of the bugs immediately.
Have a nice day :)
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 13569936, pred 4 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Die alte Version war viel besser.Hello,
There is no old version :), the add-on you used to use was made by different author and using different technologies and with much more time :)
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 13568799, pred 4 rokmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5Main issues I have with this add on are: Refresh all dials and refresh dial in general. Unlike the former Speedail, GSP fail to refresh dials correctly. Refreshing as group or all dials results in partially refreshed dials or a dial with data (images and text) that belongs to a different dial. The other issue I ran into is when opening a new tab. GSP causes two dials to open at the same time in the address bar (one showing GSP extension link in address bar and one blank) and after a delay it closes. So you have to wait until it closes before entering any info; like when doing a google search for instance. SpeeDial had another nice feature that allowed the user to set auto refresh dials (every 10 min, an hour etc), that I would love to see here. Thanks!
Update: Removed on 07/12 due to too many issues. Tip: remnants of removed add ons stay for ever unless you manually remove them. Log into about: config, type extensions, reset every add on you had removed for good and restart your browser.Hello,
The issues with double-tabs being opened seems more like a Firefox issue, so far nobody reported such issue (and I get a lot of e-mails :)).
You may want to use Firefox Reset feature to fix such issues:
Regarding reloading thumbnails - this is a tricky thing to do now since creating thumbnails in background is no longer possible in new Web-extension API. So reloading thumbnails gets interrupted if you close or switch tab. Auto-reload with "almost background reload" is coming in upcoming weeks.
If you experience more issues, please report them to my support e-mail. I'm fixing bugs sometimes within 24 hours.
I'm sorry for the inconveniences.
Have a nice day :)