- 5 段階中 1 の評価The issue that I have is that I don't understand what is the problem that this extension is trying solve. In order for it to work at all, you have to have KeePassXC already open and accessing the database that you are interested in. Other than this, modern browsers already do autofill of names and passwords that you have supplied, the latter being transparently encrypted by the browser itself. I am sure that there are legitimate uses for KeePassXC-browser but, as far as I am concerned, it is far more trouble than it is worth.The purpose of this extension is to transfer login credentials from KeePassXC to the browser. For this to work, KeePassXC and the database must be opened. There are other extensions that can access your KeePass database directly if that is your preferred workflow. And as a sidenote, everyone doesn't want to use the browser's own password manager.
- 5 段階中 4 の評価((URL detecting is just broken (when clicking plugin's icon it's just says it's connected to database and if activated through right click on username fiels -> KeePassXC-Browser -> "Fill Username and Password" the "Error: No logins found." notification pops up). It's firefox-specific bug, because url detecting and fields fill works fine in google chrome.))
UPD: fixed by disabling Enpass extansion. Please add note about other password managers' extensions to the FAQ. Also, multiple URLs support would be awesome.Using multiple password managers simultaneously is not a good idea. Most of them work by changing or inspecting the web page content, which means the probability for collision is big. Multiple URL support is coming, but the change must be first done to the KeePassXC side.
- 5 段階中 4 の評価Sometimes it's doesn't work, I must reinstall addon and it's work again.
- 5 段階中 3 の評価Useful but lacks proper documentation. I could only find documentation pertaining to installation and configuration, not to actual usage.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価The best one right now.
- 5 段階中 1 の評価Not working in 99% of the time. You have to delete and and create database connection every single day because your current connection "Cannot decrypt message" or smth else.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Both the tool as well as the plugin works OOTB with Firefox 64 (Linux Mint/Ubuntu Bionic). Good work, I like it.
- 5 段階中 1 の評価With Ubuntu 18.04 and latest Firefox it is unreliable, in 2/3 of the cases I get a Timeout and in 1/3 of the cases I'm able to connect. I couldn't find any reason why it works or why It doesn't work. I tried on two different machines. I couldn't find a way that reliably gets a connection. And I do have apparmor working. Trying it was a waste of time.
- 5 段階中 3 の評価Was really looking forward to trying this out, but I can't seem to get it to work at all.
Tested with FF 64.0 Portable, KP XC 2.3.4 Portable, and followed directions at https://keepassxc.org/docs/keepassxc-browser-migration/ , but cannot seem to get the browser to connect to the DB. Per the instructions, I've enabled browser integration for FF, but receive the following Error from the plug-in: "Cannot encrypt message or public key not found. Is native messaging or support for your browser enabled in KeePassXC?". Reload button doesn't help, nor does restarting the apps.
Thanks for responding. It sounds as if I need to make some changes to the FF launcher's ini file (in order to get FF Portable to work with this), but it's unclear what those changes are. After searching around a bit more, I see that others are experiencing this problem as well:
I saw some information at https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/issues/1559#issuecomment-369508900 regarding what registry entries need to be shared, but it's unclear to me exactly what steps I need to take to get FF Portable to work with KeePass-XC portable. Could you provide a bit more information about exactly what .ini files I need to edit and with what changes?
EDIT 2: Another user commented that disabling the proxy (Tools > Settings > Browser integration > Advanced) solved the integration issues. I've tried this, and it seems to be a good workaround. The downside is that a second copy of KeePass XC launches with the proxy disabled, but at least it seems to work.The problem here is the Windows registry. Firefox Portable doesn't properly read the registry where the location of Native Messaging script file is defined. This would need a change to the Firefox Portable that it would allow to read Firefox registry entries outside the portable application. The only solution for this could be to use PortableApps Launcher and tweak the registry settings from there. See https://portableapps.com/manuals/PortableApps.comLauncher/topics/registry.html
EDIT: The issue #1817 is updated with the latest findings. Please continue the conversation there is possible.
- 5 段階中 4 の評価with KeepasXC 2.3.4 (only this version) plug-in works as intended.
The only things missing now are:
- Ability to unlock database in the background (i.e. without opening KeePassXC
- Automatically re-scan login forms to detect / identify login fields.
== my original 1* review ==
Does not work. Every time I close my browser, I have to go though "connect" process.
Even if it did work - one has to manually open KeePassXC application and unlock database (which means, navigating away from the browser). If I'm opening KeePassXC anyway, why not copy/paste password from the application then, why use some plugin?
- 5 段階中 3 の評価While the program works very well, the extension does not. Website detection is hit or miss, and there is a fill TOTP button that does absolutely nothing.
- 5 段階中 1 の評価Does not work reliable. Need to be more stable. (Firefox-Version)
Problem: The key between the KeePassXC-Browser Add-On and the KeepasXC database (stored in the root folder) to exchange the secret data is not the same. (key: the secret key the exchange data bewteen the add-on, proxy (optional) and KeePassXC database. I compare the first digits)
This issue leads to that point, that every time the user closes Firefox and start Firefox later (say: next day or so) he has to regenerate all the connection information and login with a new name. The connection is not persistent. It's like every time before you close firefox you remove the connection info from the KeePassXC-Browser Add-On.
Same happen if i enable or disable the "Use a Proxy application bewteen KeePassXS and brwoser extension" in the advanced settings tab from KeePass. So, i think, it is not a issue of the proxy.
System: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Firefox 63.0, KeePassXC 2.3.1, KeePassXC-Browser Version: 1.3.0
Same happens under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with a manuall KeePassXC Installation - because KeePassXC is not part of the regular Ubunut 16.04 distribution.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 1年前Thank you for the review. Please ensure that you are not reusing the database identifier. It must be unique for each connection (actually we should prevent that from happening). You can try to delete the KeePassXC-Browser Settings entry from your database, and delete the connected keys from the extension too. Then make a reconnection with a new unique identifier.
- 5 段階中 2 の評価This seldom works. I've spent over an hour (not an exaggeration) trying to get KeePassXC-Browser to store credentials for websites I frequent. It connects to KeepPassXC but cannot detect login fields even if you explicitly point them out to the extension. I might as well use KeePassXC as a standalone and constantly put my credentials on the clipboard.