- Firefox ユーザー 12222200 によるレビュー (2ヶ月前)5 段階中 3 の評価Excellent application, fast to be free, the problem is that sometimes it does not read some sources that are the most used, it is a pity that the Pro costs almost 20 dollars, if it cost less than 10 without a doubt I would subscribe, but, "Latin America problems ".
- SkyHigh によるレビュー (1年前)5 段階中 3 の評価It worked GREAT, until recently. It now either says: "Unable to capture screen. Please try again when the page has loaded." or is just doing screenshot of entire page (desktop screenshot in 3 seconds). Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit)
- anonymous によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 3 の評価I agree with the previous reviewer that the new permissions look fishy, but it seems they are not currently abused. I unzipped the add-on and looked at the source.
"Exchange messages with programs other than Firefox" is used to communicate with the UI Vision XModule used for desktop OCR.
"Display notifications to you" is used to display notifications when you have a paid subscription that is about to expire, and for displaying messages when using the desktop capture feature.
"Access browser activity during navigation" I'm not sure about, it might be needed for some functionality to work but I didn't find anything obvious. There seems to be no feature like collecting browsing activity or something abusive like that.
Of course the permissions coul be used for abusive purposes in the future so it is always best to be a bit paranoid. Even with the permission system in Firefox you have to trust the developer to an extent.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 2年前Thanks a lot for this critical but qualified response! As you found out already, the new permissions are needed so that Copyfish can communicate with the UI.Vision XModule, which it uses for desktop screenshots, for desktop OCR. Of course, you only need to install the desktop OCR module if you want to OCR outside of the web browser (e. g. from desktop apps, desktop dialogs, images, invoices, PDF,...)
For more details, please see https://ocr.space/copyfish#desktop
- eUROs によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価UPDATE 9/11/17: It does a fair OCR job, for both languages (Greek & english) Only in some cases. Not always. It depends from the text on the picture I guess. The translation fails though, But I really don't need the translation and I have disabled it from the Options. I just need the OCR alone.
This tool is Not good for capturing URL links. Because I found this screenshot which is an example of the "error" popup window. from one web page and the text was: [[<>]]
I tried to OCR this, But it could only capture only the simple 2 lines of text: [The Requested file was not a valid file]
BUT the lines which have special characters couldn't recognize it: [C:\Users\.....]
* I have also tested it on the "dilbert.com" website (like you did on your example) and it works capturing text on Comic images.
I have noticed that sometimes It converts the (i) letter as a Number (1) and the (comma) as a (full stop dot) in some images.
* You should add the (Options Button) when we right Click on the Addon. It is a painful process to find the options to change the Language.
* Also on the Youtube video in (FIREFOX 56.0.2) I tried your Chinese example video and it works Great! => https://youtu.be/8dRWw4FIYqs
But on YouTube video, in the (CHROME Browser) it is Unable to capture the text. it shows me this Warning:
(Please try again when the page has loaded. Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs.)
*And last but not least, On another Comic Image Example it can not recognize this kind of text/font => http://www.leasticoulddo.com/comic/20170430/
Anyway, all in all, this Addon works fairly with Firebox 56.0.2!
I want to believe that in Future updates will be much better. I guess.
- Firefox ユーザー 13273761 によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価This addon looks cool. But it doesn't work for me. Each time it shows "Unable to capture screen. Please try again when the page has loaded". I have banned all other add-ons and use Nightly 57
- Yandong によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価I know a little about Chinese and China, so I know what the video you used to demonstrate this extension described. I do not think it is a good idea to involve this extension in political stuffs. At least I do not feel secure when using this add-on.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 4年前Thanks for mentioning your concerns. But I can assure you that we had no hidden thoughts or even a political agenda by choosing just this video for the demo screencast. I am not even sure which agenda you have in mind, feel free to email us at email@example.com with details.
That said, we will use a different video/theme when we update the screencast in the near future.