- par jep, il y a 8 moisNoté 5 sur 5"Simple Tab Groups" has been an absolute game changer for my workflow. It is a very well thought-out extension that has allowed me to compartmentalize my work activities greatly. I normally have multiple windows open, separated by activity. In fact, I usually have upwards of 6 windows, with each averaging upwards of 20 tabs, for everything from different Jupyter Python projects to researching different topics to general web browsing. It was a nightmare keeping track of which was which, I lived in constant fear of losing papers or web resources I had found or of simply losing the structure I had in those windows, and the associated RAM usage would periodically slow my machines to a crawl. "Simple Tab Groups" has completely solved these issues.
ORGANIZATION: Simple Tab Groups allows you to name groups and, with the setting enabled, display their names in the window title. I can much more easily manage multiple windows by using these two features.
HISTORIES / ORGANIZATION: Tab groups are stored, with customizable backups created daily by default, so that I can quit Firefox or restart my machine and simply reopen the tab group with the tab structure I'd previously tailored. .
MEMORY: When RAM usage becomes an issue, I can simply close groups with the secure knowledge that I can easily reopen those groups when I need them again. There is also a specific option to save RAM when tabs are hidden, but I haven't found it necessary to use this option. Many of the groups I create are only needed once a week or less. I can now simply keep those windows closed until I come back around to that project, so that my RAM usage now generally stays low.
Finally, this extension also works well with Firefox's "Multi-Account Containers" extension. I have used both together for weeks with zero conflicts on either a Mac or Ubuntu 18. My only concern with this extension is that I am becoming highly reliant on it, and if Drive4ik ceases developing and supporting it, I would be hard-pressed to find a combination of trustworthy (i.e., Mozilla-recommended) tools that work as well as this one extension does. Thank you for your excellent work, Drive4ik! Would love to support you monetarily as well.
- par tsimehcla, il y a 8 moisNoté 5 sur 5Самое полезное расширение FF для меня! Пока его не нашёл, пару лет сидел на старом FF V.4X т.к. в новых версиях не было этого замечательного дополнения.
- par Alex, il y a 8 moisNoté 4 sur 5This is a great extension and I use it constantly, both for tab grouping and tab backups (which come useful with Firefox rarely being 100% stable for me). I have some comments about backup mechanism though:
- (quite major) I sometimes end up with a bunch of tabs not assigned to any group - and these don't get backed up! I have known about this for a while, but still it occasionally trips me up. It would be much better if the backup included "ungrouped" tabs as well, maybe in a new dummy group. This behaviour can be made optional if for whatever reason it's expected that someone might want to opt out.
- (minor) Backups don't save tab distribution between windows, so after crash I have to manually recreate windows and shuffle the tabs between them, but that's more of an inconvenience, as long as all tabs are restored.
And again, thank you very much!
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13564923 de Firefox, il y a 9 moisNoté 4 sur 5расширение хорошее, но есть пара вещей, которые делают его совершенно бесполезным...
1. невозможно открыть один файл в сохраненной группе, но только всю группу (а если там 20 файлов? вот и приходится открывать всю группу целиком)... крайне неудобно...
2. невозможно ни синхронизировать, ни сохранить эти группы в архиве (что бы в случае переустановки браузера - восстановить вкладки, или синхронизировать с других браузером)...
... вот это и делает это расширение - совершенно бесполезным...
upd как по волшебству на следующее утро после написания претензий открылась (сама по себе) вкладка настроек, где есть опция бэкапа и восстановления всех групп, как видно Санта Клаус прочитал мою жалобу и помог... меняю ради него свою оценку, но вопрос по открытию единственной вкладки из всей группы остается...
- par Altiplano, il y a 9 moisNoté 5 sur 5I just switched from Chrome to Firefox. The extension that I use most frequently in Chrome is "The Great Suspender". This add-on ("Simple Tab Groups") is even better, since it provides a "Manage groups" page so that I can easily manage and backup all discarded tabs.
1) Currently, discarding a tab is a little bit complicated. Is it possible to add a "Discard" button to the right-click menu?
2) It would be better displaying a "blank page" on the discarded tab rather than reloading automatically.
Thanks a lot for developing such a great extension!
- par Valeria, il y a 9 moisNoté 1 sur 5I really wanted to love this addon but it's just too stressful to use. As so many others here have already posted, the addon's default behavior of deleting the tabs I've saved into a group is completely at odds with what the addon seems to have been designed to do: group your tabs for opening whenever you want. What's the point of spending the time to create several groups and set them up complete with containers and color-coding if the tabs are just going to disappear? Such a headache. Immediately removed, going back to OneTab.