- par jj, il y a 2 moisNoté 3 sur 5I LOVE the concept of this, and it can be great to keep my several open webpages organized. However, I have a few issues so could someone comment?
Today after restarting PC ALL my groups were ALPHABETIZED which I did NOT do, NOR could I find a way to do that. No, this app does NOT auto update. Is somebody messing with my PC?
Also, my bookmarks are being duplicated. I put them in Folder A, if I come back to the tab later it reverts to the STG folder name it's in, then I bookmark it again. If I leave it alone again for a while, then I go back not remembering if I bookmarked it or just to be sure I did, then it says "remove 2 bookmarks" and on sites I use a lot it said "remove 40 bookmarks" and I'm getting really annoyed because it looks like I'm missing some I know I saved, so it's like it's running out of room. I find bookmarks duplicated even when I did NOT do it. Maybe that's a separate issue?
I need help figuring this out... Please..
- par Lillian, il y a 5 moisNoté 3 sur 5Needed to hop onto Firefox while Chrome was being a bitch, and this add-on allowed me to replicate Chrome's groups... somewhat. How to switch between groups took a bit of getting used to, and it's more helpful in some areas (i.e. creating groups) and less in others (quickly switching between groups). That alone would be a 4-star rating, but what drops it down is the difficulty of organizing tab groups in the groups tab. I can only organize it alphabetically, so I have to go through some hoops if I want my groups in a particular order, which is fairly annoying. All in all, a helpful add-on, if not exactly what I was hoping for.
- par Kougeru, il y a 5 moisNoté 3 sur 5overall good but some minor issues exist such as problems with FB groups not being saved properly. Also the backup feature is completely broken. it ignores \ entirely so it keeps making new folders on the desktop instead of bakcing up where I want it to. been doing this all year
- par RYSK, il y a 5 moisNoté 3 sur 5The extension itself functions as it should, the only take away is how I'm not able to switch groups while in a google meet as it uses the mic and camera. The reason I downloaded this is to separate my school stuff from my personal stuff.
- par Hua Rong, il y a 7 moisNoté 3 sur 5Good, except when groups are unloaded, their tabs are put into hidden tabs instead of being closed and resources freed up. Sometimes I don't want to use a group anymore and want to put it away, but I can't close the tabs.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12348512 de Firefox, il y a 8 moisNoté 3 sur 5Good start, but pretty clunky.
I use multiple browser windows across different screens, and the first thing this extension did when I made a group was bring them all into the same window... that was a crash course in how to use it for sure. Then I tried closing my browser and reopening it, and half of my tabs had moved to a new (previously nonexistent) group... so I had to move them all again.
I really miss the old tab groups that Firefox had, and given all the folks using this I expected a cleaner interface. I'm also crossing my fingers that I won't have to spend time every day reorganizing the groups... we'll see. Here's hoping! It's better than nothing, for sure!
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16501213 de Firefox, il y a 8 moisNoté 3 sur 5This addon seems to work well... except for that it doesn't want to let windows associated with an unloaded group close. Trying to close the remaining blank tab just reopens it, while trying to close the window gives the "are you sure you want to close multiple tabs" warning.
Another feature that would be good would be an option to always open groups in new windows, rather than switch groups within the window.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13529548 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 3 sur 5Started using this some time ago - worked very well for awhile! Love the interface and configurations available. But now, as many others have noted, it is losing data. Every time I close firefox, all the tabs are deleted from my groups, forcing me to restore from a backup after each browser/computer restart. Also has no sync functionality, meaning I have to manually change/import groups across devices
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13262784 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 3 sur 5It seems pretty decent, once one understands at least some basics. However, although I can't comment on long use data loss, which other users obviously experienced, since I am only using it for a few days now, for me, I have two main problems with this add-on:
(1) If Firefox is *not* open and I click on a link in another app which opens Firefox, then Firefox is opened *but* the link is not followed. I have to go back to the app and click the link again after FF is open. This sucks.
(2) The context menu of the "tabs" in the side bar to not offer any tab context menu items but *only* custom "Simple Tab Groups" items. This defeats the purpose of the side bar for me, which would be that I could turn off the main tab bar. But then I do not have a tab context menu anymore with this add-on. So, as a work-around I am using the "Tree Style Tab" add-on in the side bar and for now the "Simple Tab Groups" in the tool bar.
- par Snakey, il y a 2 ansNoté 3 sur 5this is very useful in theory and most of the time, but especially recently my tabs have been jumping groups, which kind of defeats the purpose. additionally, I've noticed that when closing my active tab the extension often switches groups automatically, which is annoying.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12207191 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 3 sur 5Closing a window removes all of the tabs from the tab group. Restore previous session is already enabled. I'm not sure how to trust this extension, though I want to like it.
- par olegzz, il y a 2 ansNoté 3 sur 5The extension is great, but I'm sitting on 4.2.2 because in versions 4.3.* the recovery functionality ("Restore") is broken, as a result of which after recovery I have duplicated groups. I ask you to return the old functionality, i.e. such: "Warning! Restoring from backup will ERASE all existing settings and groups!". This is the classic recovery from backups. Or in the new functionality, please make the checkbox "ERASE all existing settings and groups".All this functionality is already there.
Update to the latest version, and in the add-on settings in the backup tab at the bottom there is also a clear button
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13291551 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 3 sur 5Well until a few weeks ago.
The problem is the auto-backup, the backup no longer saves the tabs (this empty). Therefore, when the add-on is update and loads the last backup there are no more tabs.
I've had to disable auto-backup and restore my tabs manually with my last correct backup (2019-08-26).Hi! Your problem is closely related to this Firefox bug (I am created):
We need to wait until the developers of Firefox fix it...
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15192006 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 3 sur 5There is a bug that if I hit 'F8' or click icon to show up groups view all I get is a little modal. I need to click the icon again to show the groups. It's very annoying.
Screenshot - https://ibb.co/yYw1919
- par TechSY730, il y a 2 ansNoté 3 sur 54.0 seems to have introduced a bug(s) where tabs groups get cleared out when multiple windows are involved.
Using the "restore closed tabs" function when this happens just reopens all the tabs in the current tab group, not their original tab group.
I'll file a real bug report if I can figure out reproduction steps.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15191852 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 3 sur 5Please fix this "No support incognito mode, please disable incognito mode for addon" bug. Been working great, then last night it crashed on both my pc's.
I don't use incognito mode, don't have any tabs open in incognito mode.