Rated 1 out of 5by TezHug, a year ago
Was hoping this would help me sync two PCs both using Firefox and Chrome. Bookmarks disappear when i'm saving or rearranging them and then the browser becomes unresponsive for a while. I followed all the guidance and also turned off internal browser sync but to no avail. Thankfully I'd already read the comments so took backups every day. All-in-all it was a waste of a weekend and change. Uninstalled.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14635814, 14 days agoThe syncing between Firefox and Chrome worked pretty well, but some weird stuff happened. I had backed up my bookmarks before use. The Firefox Places database got a cluster of new separators in the Bookmarks Toolbar, and lost some others. (This may have something to do with the fact that Chrome does not have separators.) Firefox Bookmarks Manager stopped working - I could not add or delete anything. Restarting Firefox was not helpful, though the cluster of separators was reduced to one. I opened about:support, and verified the integrity of the database (there's a button far down the page); the database was intact, but the problem remained. I then tried clearing the Startup Cache (This button is at the top of the about:support page.) Bookmark Manager started working again. It's a little inconvenient for my intended pattern of use. I have to log out of the accounts with Mozilla and Google to ensure it will work properly. That's not compatible with other uses I have for Chrome, so you have to shut down the native sync functions, run xBrowserSync, and then shut it down and turn the native sync functions back on. I'm not sure I want to keep using it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by johngto455, 4 months agoInstall/setup well done worked smoothly considering crossing several different browsers. Privacy seems important to dev team/Company which other companies use as a advertising tag line. Hopefully the positive experience continues with daily use.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 18021687, 6 months agoKeeping my bookmarks, history, and tabs synced across devices seamlessly. It's user-friendly and reliable, ensuring I never miss a beat when switching between platforms. If you value organization and convenience, this extension is a must-have for staying in sync without a hitch.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Alfred W, 7 months agoIt used to work well, I was trying to recommend this to my friend. But one day, it mess up all my bookmarks. I don't know why, it just blows up some bookmark folder after a sync operation and the orders of the bookmarks are all in chaos . I have to disable the plugin and restore from a backup. Please fix that(bug happens in firefox), you are the first one I used that perfectly sync my bookmarks between multiple chrome and firefox in multiple machines.
- Rated 5 out of 5by moneywiseUpfront, a year ago[EN]
Perfect for synchronizing bookmarks between several different browsers. Very easy to use.
Perfecto para sincronizar los marcadores entre varios navegadores distintos. Muy fácil de usar.
- Rated 4 out of 5by RokeJulianLockhart, a year agoNegative: Doesn't work on Mobile. Positive: Properly synchronizes between Chrome and Firefox (on desktop) with both native bookmark sync functionalities enabled.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Enkrateia, a year agoRecently switched from EverSync to xBrowserSync, seems to work decently. A little buggy with Firefox's default sync which I do not want to disable because of a known issue that creates duplicate bookmarks, but easy to clean up with the Bookmark Dupes extension. Main annoyances are performances issues and not supporting native tags which get wiped out with each sync.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mister GothFvck, 2 years ago- Very helpful for organizing multiple sets of bookmarks.
- Lowers the reliance on Firefox / Mozilla's servers and spreads the attack vector among other parties.
- Anyone can host a xBrowserSync!
-- I very much look forward to all the forthcoming features. Right now this is very handy but there's almost always room for improvement. ;)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15902071, 2 years agoDO NOT USE, NOT UPDATED IS 3 YEARS WILL LOSE YOUR DATA ON CURRENT FIREFOX VERSIONS. SEE GITHUB APP ISSUE 265 FOR FULL DETAILS.
I used xBrowserSync for extended period and was very happy with it ... until it started to delete my data. Thank god I had taken backups or I would have lost 100s of bookmarks, many very hard to find tech publications and KBs that I could not simply google and find the information again. This used to be great but last update was April 2020 and the issue is supposedly going to be fixed in version 1.6. The problem with that, version 1.6 fix was supposed to come over a year ago but 1.5.2 has been active version for almost 3 years now. DO NOT USE IF YOU VALUE YOUR DATA.