- by JamesRC, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5I was genuinely excited for the item of secure, open source bookmark syncing between browsers.
But a combination of the recently reported issue #328 (Not syncing completely) and bug #265 (Local data refreshed, redo previous unsynced changes) which remains unfixed 9 months after it was reported renders this product completely unusable.
I suspect if it works for you then it's tremendously useful, but my own search for reliable bookmark syncing continues.
- by Samtheprogrammer, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5This addon completely broke all my bookmarks. I shifted half of my bookmarks to another folder. It said client out of sync or some nonsense and completely messed up the places of all my bookmarks. Would give 0 stars if I could. Reported to firefox.
- by Firefox user 13395513, a year agoRated 1 out of 5It looked great, but there is little or no support on mobile (only app, no native support via mobile browser plugins). I had a continuous battle with my bookmarks, they were each time jumping back in time (lucky i made a backup).
This plugin is promising, but needs a lot more work. For now i'm signing off and go back to EverHelper
- by AliceYan0606, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Since yesterday I can't sync my bookmarks anymore. I receive the message to check my sync ID, password and service URL. I'm pretty sure I wrote everything correctly.
To the developer: log file sent. Thank you.
- by Vlad, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Опасное расширение. Синхронизации закладок нет, а есть лишь сохранение резервной копии, что можно сделать и через функции браузера. При работе расширение подвешивает браузер, а потом и всю операционную систему и лезет уже не только в браузер, но и локальную память устройства, изменяя по своему усмотрению файлы. Так себя ведут обычно вирусы.
Developer responseposted a year agoWow, one wonders why someone might leave a review in RUSSIAN spreading such outrageous disinformation... So you do realise that web extensions have no access to the operating system and operate strictly within the browser process! It is not possible for an extension to do what you claim, and if anyone wants to verify this well feel free to go through the code - it's open source!
Did make me chuckle though!
- by Firefox user 15701774, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I can't really recomend this add-on at all. The developer blames the Firefox bookmark API, however they still leave the issue in that has the potential to cause complete loss of bookmarks, instead of disabling it all together. Being able to say you are cross platform doesn't do you any good when one of those platforms has such a breaking bug like this. Atleast a warning within the app itself would be nice, and an automated local backup of your bookmarks(instead of a manual one) would be very helpful too for when the addon decides to blow away half your library.
- by Firefox user 15330148, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Worked for about a week, then it suddenly deleted all my bookmarks, for years kept. There's a security floor in this somewhere. My advice is to not use it unless you regularly backup your valuable bookmarks using another piece of software - defeats the point really.
Was the second time I gave it a chance.
Don't use, unless they can iron out the problems.What you describe is due to bugs with the Firefox bookmark API, not xBrowserSync. I'm adding some partial fixes in the upcoming release that will make life easier in many circumstances, but until Mozilla's devs fix their broken browser API, not much I can do... Check the known issues (https://github.com/xbrowsersync/app/wiki/Known-issues) for more info.
- by Firefox user 12849453, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Sadly keeps obliterating any new bookmarks i ad, i have to login via a cpative portla every 6 hours and all xmarks EVER does is complain that it cant conencto to the server whent he inetrnet is chopped off befire i have to log into the portal again. then the minute its able to reocnnect it s give me an error about local bookmarks, and then sync form the same (un-updated) bookmarks from remote sync...completely obliterating any new bookmarks. Doesnt seem very clever in its sync logic. Luckily ive made local backups. Going to try anoher service, sadly this just doesnt work in my experience.What you describe is due to bugs with the Firefox bookmark API, not xBrowserSync. I'm adding some partial fixes in the upcoming release that will make life easier in many circumstances, but until Mozilla's devs fix their broken browser API, not much I can do... Check the known issues (https://github.com/xbrowsersync/app/wiki/Known-issues) for more info.
- by Firefox user 15088474, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I keep several levels of folders in my bookmarks. This extension completely scrambled my bookmarks. Still in the process of untangling them.Hi there, I'm really sorry for the issues yourself and others have had. This is due to bugs in the syncing code, as well as a bug in Firefox's bookmarks API.
I've been working hard to get all of these syncing issues resolved and have now fixed the known issues in dev, the upcoming v1.5.0 release will include these fixes. Firefox v69 resolves the bookmarks API issues which I've tested in Nightly and confirmed.
v1.5.0 with Firefox Nightly should resolve all syncing issues so please bear with me. Thanks for your understanding!!