- Rated 1 out of 5by TezHug, 2 months agoWas hoping this would help me sync two PCs both using Firefox and Chrome. Bookmarks disappear when i'm saving or rearranging them and then the browser becomes unresponsive for a while. I followed all the guidance and also turned off internal browser sync but to no avail. Thankfully I'd already read the comments so took backups every day. All-in-all it was a waste of a weekend and change. Uninstalled.
- Rated 5 out of 5by moneywiseUpfront, 2 months ago[EN]
Perfect for synchronizing bookmarks between several different browsers. Very easy to use.
Perfecto para sincronizar los marcadores entre varios navegadores distintos. Muy fácil de usar.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Enkrateia, 4 months agoRecently switched from EverSync to xBrowserSync, seems to work decently. A little buggy with Firefox's default sync which I do not want to disable because of a known issue that creates duplicate bookmarks, but easy to clean up with the Bookmark Dupes extension. Main annoyances are performances issues and not supporting native tags which get wiped out with each sync.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mister GothFvck, 10 months ago- Very helpful for organizing multiple sets of bookmarks.
- Lowers the reliance on Firefox / Mozilla's servers and spreads the attack vector among other parties.
- Anyone can host a xBrowserSync!
-- I very much look forward to all the forthcoming features. Right now this is very handy but there's almost always room for improvement. ;)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15902071, 10 months agoDO NOT USE, NOT UPDATED IS 3 YEARS WILL LOSE YOUR DATA ON CURRENT FIREFOX VERSIONS. SEE GITHUB APP ISSUE 265 FOR FULL DETAILS.
I used xBrowserSync for extended period and was very happy with it ... until it started to delete my data. Thank god I had taken backups or I would have lost 100s of bookmarks, many very hard to find tech publications and KBs that I could not simply google and find the information again. This used to be great but last update was April 2020 and the issue is supposedly going to be fixed in version 1.6. The problem with that, version 1.6 fix was supposed to come over a year ago but 1.5.2 has been active version for almost 3 years now. DO NOT USE IF YOU VALUE YOUR DATA.
- Rated 1 out of 5by JamesRC, a year agoI was genuinely excited for the item of secure, open source bookmark syncing between browsers.
But a combination of the recently reported issue #328 (Not syncing completely) and bug #265 (Local data refreshed, redo previous unsynced changes) which remains unfixed 9 months after it was reported renders this product completely unusable.
I suspect if it works for you then it's tremendously useful, but my own search for reliable bookmark syncing continues.