- Rated 3 out of 5Very promising start, but as others have mentioned the bar is way too big. Hopefully this is correctable and not controlled by the browser.
- Rated 2 out of 5If you dont get it smaller like the original download status bar, this is pretty useless for me.
+ the size changes when you zoom in and out!
+ i dont see the bar on every tab, for example on this site it doesnt appear!
+ the size of the file-bars are different because the filenames got different lengths. they should be all the same size.
- Rated 5 out of 5Cool!
- Rated 4 out of 5Great work Joseph! For putting a problem The bar should be self-hiding because it covers a small part of the browser. And if for example there is a dialog box and a button below to answer or send, for example, it is not seen, because the download bar covers it. But outside of that it works very well. ;-)
- Rated 5 out of 5One I was looking for... and, I think, the best among others.
"Can you make it slim", please :) (c)
And, please, allow little cutomization of colors - for example light theme for me is better, than dark, but "too green" color of finished downloads irritates a little :(
- Rated 5 out of 5Loved it, since this stupid firefox quantum update i was sarching for something like this!
But if the bar was like 80% thinner it would be PERFECT
- Rated 5 out of 5Please add more option to resize the bar, more colors and speed status, to see in real time with what speed I download, Thank you.
- Rated 4 out of 5can you make it slim and on mouse over for more detail? thanks
- Rated 5 out of 5Nice, I will use it.
What comes into my mind when using the bar:
- 'clear' could be also a symbol (eg trashcan), would save some space
- i need to right click on the item so open submenu, while clicking left mouse has no function (why not use it, so instead of double click to browse to download, single click or open menu with single click)
- more options to customize appearance
Only miror stuff, as said i will use it, many thanks for your work.
- Rated 5 out of 5I've just upped my rating of this to 5 stars, it was 4 on my last rating. It's coming on very nicely. Like a few others I would like to see ann option to have the bar change colour for different download speeds. Example 100 Mb/s green, 50 Mb/s amber, 25 Mb/s red.
I don't know if this possible with the new programming required but hopefully it will be achieveable.
Keep up the good work :)
- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you for developing this.
As for recommendations:
1. Have different colors for completed downloads and in progress downloads (and give us the option to select the colors if possible).
2. Have the option to reduce text size or make it so that all of the text for a download is not allows displayed. I like when the bar is small at the bottom. When an item is downloaded with a long name, the bar expands to fit all of the download file's name. When this happens, it is kind of annoying.
Some features of the old status bar that I would like to see (if possible):
1. Double click opens the file directly. I read your response to another user, if you are able to figure out how to do this, it would be very useful.
2. Hovering over a completed picture download shows a preview of the file. Most of my downloads are picture files, so I am not sure how the download status bar used to work with other files, but, with picture files, it would display a small preview of the picture above status bar. This is useful for finding the correct downloaded file when the file names are not descriptive.
I am sure there other minor things that I can't think of right now or didn't notice, but I don't care about those right now. I am just happy that there is a working add-on that displays the downloads on the main screen. Thank you very much! You are awesome!
- Rated 5 out of 5"I really need the color setting for download speed. It's really useful when i can see when there's a problem."
I believe he is requesting the ability to define Fast, Medium and Slow download speed ranges, with each range associated with a different colour in the download bar (eg. green, orange and red). You could define Fast as > xx KB/s, Slow as < yy KB/s and Medium as in between the two (the speeds would be user configurable). Hope that helps.
- Rated 4 out of 5Good, but make thinner bar please!
- Rated 4 out of 5This is darn near exact what I have been looking for since upgrading to Quantum. So far my biggest critique would be that when the bar is open certain webpages that have static objects at the bottom of the screen become covered by it. Seems the bar is more of an overlay than integrated in the actual body of the browser, I dont know if this is because of the WebExtension protocol but it would be helpful to have the option to shrink to mini-mode or hide the bar to access these types of items. Thanks for your hard work and I look forward to seeing this extension evolve.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThe bar is HTML that is injected into the page so it can sometimes interfere with things there. I could probably do some sort of minimize button to temporarily hide it in cases where it is covering something.
- Rated 5 out of 5Better than the few other options out there. +1 for thinner bar.
- Rated 5 out of 5спасибо прога зачетная,все работает,только как можно уменьшить размер окна progress
- Rated 5 out of 5Simple & Useful. Would like to get more thinner bar.
- Rated 4 out of 5First and foremost, thanks so much for developing this extension. It’s a fantastic beginning, My interest here is to request feature enhancements to make it even better and more like the legacy extension it’s replacing.
#1 SHA1 & MD5 calculations
Fortunately there is this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/calculate-md5-sha1-hash-che-1/ but the extra steps involved is quite time consuming so please please please bring this back. I put this #1 because it is essential integral part for any download manager.
However, it used to be incorporated into the download status bar of legacy browser. When hovering over a download when complete MD5 hash calculation was displayed. I’m very hopeful it can be incorporated again
#2 Persistent Status Bar
In the legacy extension the bar was persistent at the bottom of the open browser window and not tied to certain tabs. Please make it so if possible
#3 Dynamic resizing of concurrent downloads
I’ve had up to 25 downloads of diverse types (.exe .jpg etc.) all remaining in a single height one row linear fashion. This may be achievable with unticking the show text option in your extension dialog, but I haven’t tried it yet.
#4 Thumbnail view
I download images a lot, so I like to be able to hover over and view a thumbnail image for expedience please bring this back.
#5 Scan for virus dialog
Indispensable we really need this as it was in the legacy extension
#6 Double Click run or open file
Double click currently opens containing folder it should run exe or open image as it did with the legacy extension
#7 Play Sound when download complete
I loved that feature and wish you could bring it back maybe toggle on and off through settings dialog be nice if we could choose wav file but not necessary.
Developer responseposted 2 years ago#1 I would need to read the file from the disk which I don't think is possible without the user selecting it using a file upload or drag and drop.
#2 This is kind of possible, the bar is per tab because it is injected into the html of the page, but I could make it always show for each tab.
#3 I could make everything show in one line no matter how many downloads you have, I'll probably add an option to make it do that.
#4 This is probably possible
#5 I don't think this is possible, but if I can figure out how to do it I will.
#6 This is unfortunately not possible, I would have to open another window and then you have have to click again to open the file, which I will probably do eventually. Kinda like sites that show a confirmation page when you click a link to a third party site.
#7 Playing a sound should be possible, not sure about a custom sound though, I'll have to look into that.
- Rated 5 out of 5Works great..!
macOS - FF 58.0b8 (64-bit)
Gets better with every update..
Big thanks to the dev. for sharing!
- Rated 4 out of 5Great. I was really missing S3 Download Manager, and this is rapidly turning into a worthy replacement. Personally, though, I'd just like to see two changes: 1 - bar thinner; 2 - also showing the download speed while the download is still ongoing.
Thanks so much for making this.