- by Azerik, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5Would almost be perfect if I could more easily open files from the status bar. Double clicking, then clicking an "open file" pop-up is not intuitive or efficient.
- by DanDancch, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It would be perfect if the status bar was able to let the page adjust to it... some parts of the webpage aren't visible until you close the bar... which can be a hindrance...
- by Firefox user 14126351, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The size of the status bar increase when you increase the webpage zoom, so if you are in a website with a zoom of 150% then you end getting a big, biiiiiig status bar... too bad.
Another bad thing is that the colors are not personalizable via the settings window, it has a light and dark theme but dark theme is horrible, its just black background and black downloads, everything black... it should be black background and green downloads at least, or make the colors personalizable.
And of course the major problem that people already commented is that the status bar covers content of the webpage.
Anyways this is a nice addon for those who needs something similar to the legendary Download Status Bar for Firefox legacy.
- by Firefox user 13983075, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Minor requests:
Many web-pages, at least the ones I use, have some information at the very bottom, some even certain function and link buttons.
WX download status bar covers them thus making them not visible or inaccessible.
Could WX download status bar be coded in such a way that it becomes a bottom toolbar so that in between the upper and lower tool/menu/bookmark bars a web-page is fully displayed respectively scrolled?
- by Too Tuff, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Mandatory Feature Requests:
- Auto Clear Firefox's Download History when download finishes because it gets full after a while
- Dbl-Click to launch a finished download (and clear from bar) instead of opening to explorer (obv keep a context menu to allow opening in explorer)
@rokasand ... WOW THANK YOU for the link. Didn't realize Download Manager S3 had returned. Ok well then to the author feel free to ignore what i wrote for feature requests since S3 already has them and more. I've now uninstalled your extension since it is just no where as good. Sorry
- by rokasand, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5WX Download Status Bar is OK, but this one offers the flexibility of the old Download Status Bar: Download Manager S3 ( https: //addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/s3download-statusbar/ ).
- by macvisions, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The design is horrible, text in black with "forest green" background ?, We need to be able to choose what colors we want, otherwise it is acceptable. Ah!, We also need to be able to change the size of the text, it's too big and it takes up a lot of space, "Download Status Bar" triumphed for its design, minimalist and at the same time complete. I hope someday to see "WX Download Status Bar" as the best extension. Regards!
- by SilverDarkBlade, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Its a good attempt at recreating the download status bar but the visuals don't quite feel right. Also download sounds don't trigger on downloads that happen near instantaneously.
- by Creaulx, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Grat replacement for the old, lamented Download Status Bar extension. One gripe only - please take me directly to the downloaded file when I click "Show In Explorer" as opposed to the directory only - lots of hunting for files going on. Otherwise looks good and performs wonderfully.
- by Alex , 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Bar size is tied to the page zoom settings. Since I'm usually browse internet with zoom size 130-150% or higher, this bar looks like it was made for elephants and it's constantly changing it's size upon changing current page size. Needs fixing or settings for the bar's font size.
- by Firefox user 13689365, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Has great potential being the only replacement for Download Status Bar I've seen but needs work.
The interface is very basic, no way to change the size of the bar, no way to customize what info is shown on the download tabs, etc.
Hoping the developers continue to update this great tool with more customization options.
- by Firefox user 13632554, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5the bar is WAY to wide and covers many things on almost all the sites i use, it fully covers the chat options on facebook messenger group chat page as an example. and no way to temporarily hide the bar while a file is downloading to view the page normally because it doesn't shift anything up instead overlays on top of the page. if the bar was thinner width wise and/or doesn't overlay but instead shifts the rest of the page above kind of like the old add-on bar where it doesn't mess with the page itself then i would give it 5 star
- by ravenx99, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5A good start, but I haven't decided if it's useful enough to keep. I'll agree, Download Statusbar (S3) was nearly ideal and I miss it more than any other extension I lost.
But reviewers need to realize that the new extension API greatly limits what an extension can do. This status bar is literally having to display itself as part of the web page instead of a widget on the Firefox bar itself. I'm not sure that this is ultimately a viable approach for me.
- by Firefox user 13021973, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Thank you for this — an excellent start to the development of what may become a 'must have' Add-on for the Quantum era. No need to repeat the many good suggestions below. I do observer, however, that the Option to play a music file upon completion of a download does not seem to work: would be nice if that could be fixed. Best wishes for 2018!