Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 5862475, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent, thank you for this, wish there were a permanent status bar in Firefox like the old days, don't know why the don't give users who prefer a status bar to have one, makes no sense..
- by Firefox user 12055580, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5what format do i need to choose for sound to work?
also more colour options needed as well as width of bar should condense when many files are being downloaded
- by Firefox user 14239789, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is great but I'd like to see a slider to adjust the height ('cause the enormous chrome-like height is just not sitting well with me, it's a distraction ^^). Nonetheless great work !
- by Firefox user 13586117, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5So close to the original DSB ??? Must be a joke.
The 'autohide after download' function does not stay, even the defaulted 'autohide of everything when not specified' doesn't work.
The downloads are by default routed to to the download folder, without any possibility to get the usual "last selected location" behaviour.
Colors for the very obtrusive bars are not selectable.
And this is called by some trolls here as "so close" ?
Got rid of this add-on. Don't let yourself be fooled.
- by Phylis, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Absolutely Fabulous! So close to Download Status Bar.
btw, there is an arrow on the right side that allows you to hide it if you need to see web content.
The 'Light' option is still quite dark (green).
Completion Sound: Is there a default sound? Can't here any. When I load a .wav file, there is a red X beside it. Does that mean .wav doesn't work? If so, what file types for sound?
- by Firefox user 14126351, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The size of the status bar increase when you increase the webpage zoom, so if you are in a website with a zoom of 150% then you end getting a big, biiiiiig status bar... too bad.
Another bad thing is that the colors are not personalizable via the settings window, it has a light and dark theme but dark theme is horrible, its just black background and black downloads, everything black... it should be black background and green downloads at least, or make the colors personalizable.
And of course the major problem that people already commented is that the status bar covers content of the webpage.
Anyways this is a nice addon for those who needs something similar to the legendary Download Status Bar for Firefox legacy.
- by Firefox user 13742559, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Worked relatively ok until this week's Firefox update. Now it doesn't work anymore.
When you fix it, I'll change my review.
On top of fixing it back to what it was prior to the last FF update, please make it so that the bar doesn't hide the bottom of the page (make it below the window content, not on top of the bottom of the window content).
- by Firefox user 13983075, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Minor requests:
Many web-pages, at least the ones I use, have some information at the very bottom, some even certain function and link buttons.
WX download status bar covers them thus making them not visible or inaccessible.
Could WX download status bar be coded in such a way that it becomes a bottom toolbar so that in between the upper and lower tool/menu/bookmark bars a web-page is fully displayed respectively scrolled?
- by Tom, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Brilliant. As much as I dislike chrome, this is one of the things that they did right. Firefox built-in toolbar icon is just not visible enough when a download starts.