- Rated 4 out of 5Great to find another thing I missed when changing over to Quantum yesterday. :-)
The only thing preventing me from giving it the full 5 stars is that it looks a bit big and clutzy, especially since the detail-information appear in a hover-window anyway...
But thumbs-up for the effort so far!
- Rated 4 out of 5This on the way to being the most popular download manager out there. Developer seems to be listening to input. I'm not looking to manage files I download. Firefox has never been great in this area
. I would like to see the option to open downloads in specific applications. Not just open the files in default folder
- Rated 4 out of 5Works really nice, much like Chrome's download bar.
Finally FF Quantum is getting better - thanks to new and useful addons like this!
Of course it could be better once Mozilla improves their web extension APIS.
- Rated 5 out of 5At this moment this is the only download status bar for FF57, and it works like a charm. Thank you very much.
- Rated 5 out of 5very nice addon and replacement for the download status bar!!! it would be great if the bar could be visible in all open tabs and not only in the one where the download actually happened.
edit: my bad, of course, the bar will show in all open tabs. just dont forget to restart firefox :-)
thx again, made my day!
- Rated 5 out of 5An excellent alternative to ye olde Download Status Bar addon.
- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you so much for making the download bar smaller. It's just as good as Download Statusbar now. Great job.
- Rated 1 out of 5Why this addon requesting access to my personal data for all sites? https://prntscr.com/hvlsf3
I don't think it's good idea. Installation process was cancelled by me. Sorry.
PS. There's no replies chain so just had to add.
If you used already built-in downloads for visualisation in status bar, your addon don't need to access my data then.
If you didn't used built-in downloads it means you used bad practice. Your addon will use more PC's resources and slow down Firefox.
Also users don't trust addons that request access to data because data may content personal information, logins/passwords, credit cards info, etc.
https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/download-status-bar/?src=api This addon didn't request access to data and worked fine.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoYou seem to not understand how web extensions work. The old download status bar addon didn't ask for any permissions because legacy addons didn't have a permission system.
There is no way to show a status bar currently without injecting HTML into each page, which means the addon needs access to every website you visit.
Once Mozilla adds an API that allows creating real status bars then it will not need access to all pages, but that could be months away if not longer.
- Rated 4 out of 5Agradeço ao desenvolvedor pelo excelente trabalho! A versão 1.7.0 ficou muito boa, mas ainda sinto falta da opção de "Renomear" o arquivo baixado. Seria interessante também, se fosse possível, reduzir o espaço que a visualização do arquivo baixado ocupa na tela, ao posicionarmos o cursor do mouse sobre ele. Esse espaço é particularmente grande quando a URL de origem do arquivo é muito comprida. Talvez isso fosse possível suprimindo uma parte da URL e adicionando o símbolo de reticências (...), para indicar essa supressão.
- Rated 4 out of 5Updated review for v1.70 (3rd Jan 2018):
Bar size is now much better and compact, some users may have preferred the option to set the size themselves but the updated default is new good
- Rated 4 out of 5Last version (1.7.0) is very nice, I wish one could change the background color or make it less intense.
Thanks for your work, for me, this extension is indispensable.
- Rated 4 out of 5Thank you for developing this, Download Status Bar was a great add-on in the old XUL/XPCOM standard that I used in old Firefox, and it's nice that we finally have a functional status bar in the new WebExtensions format.
Here are some of the things that need to be added (some have already been mentioned here):
-Download speed bandwidth, this was available in the old add-on
-Reduce bar height to how it was in the old add-on, it's way too big right now
-Polish the UI a bit more, it doesn't look like a particularly finished product
-Possible bug, the completion sound doesn't play
I hope to see this add-on grow and improve. Good luck on this project!
Firefox 57.0.2 x64
- Rated 4 out of 5nice addon, but i have a large screen and have to enlarge some sites to be able to read the text and then the downloadbar enlarges also and take to much space
- Rated 4 out of 5It's coming closer and closer to the original, big thank you to the developer for the frequent updates, you are the only one currently working on a download bar addon!
- Rated 4 out of 5good addon but the size thru the download is too big.
If possible to add option to compact view
- Rated 4 out of 5Good add-on, hopefully will be a little bit polished soon - colors, size, option to open files etc..
- Rated 5 out of 5Very good start.
- Rated 4 out of 5Rather good ! It should be possible to modify some settings: for ex.: color and height of the bar.
- Rated 4 out of 5The addon is great and the only thing preventing me to give 5/5 is the size. Its little too big for my taste and if not for that it would be clear 5/5.
- Rated 2 out of 5The font of icomoon conflicts and affects the site.
Please change to an implementation that does not affect the font. Or, stop using it.