- by phluxm, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5A good substitute for Download Statusbar but takes up a teeny bit too much room at the bottom of the screen (any chance to reduce it just a bit or give font size options?). Only appears in the tab you downloaded it on which is unhelpful but otherwise liking it! Also this is open source = extra kudos :)
- by mimteatr, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good replacement for Download Statusbar, thank you! I'll give you a fifth star if you can add more colors, font sizes, more options as asked by other reviewers! ;)
- by Firefox user 13689365, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Has great potential being the only replacement for Download Status Bar I've seen but needs work.
The interface is very basic, no way to change the size of the bar, no way to customize what info is shown on the download tabs, etc.
Hoping the developers continue to update this great tool with more customization options.
- by katwol, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great to find another thing I missed when changing over to Quantum yesterday. :-)
The only thing preventing me from giving it the full 5 stars is that it looks a bit big and clutzy, especially since the detail-information appear in a hover-window anyway...
But thumbs-up for the effort so far!
- by Firefox user 13024851, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This on the way to being the most popular download manager out there. Developer seems to be listening to input. I'm not looking to manage files I download. Firefox has never been great in this area
. I would like to see the option to open downloads in specific applications. Not just open the files in default folder
- by Firefox user 13360870, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works really nice, much like Chrome's download bar.
Finally FF Quantum is getting better - thanks to new and useful addons like this!
Of course it could be better once Mozilla improves their web extension APIS.
- by Firefox user 13464791, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5very nice addon and replacement for the download status bar!!! it would be great if the bar could be visible in all open tabs and not only in the one where the download actually happened.
edit: my bad, of course, the bar will show in all open tabs. just dont forget to restart firefox :-)
thx again, made my day!
- by Firefox user 13547740, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Why this addon requesting access to my personal data for all sites? https://prntscr.com/hvlsf3
I don't think it's good idea. Installation process was cancelled by me. Sorry.
PS. There's no replies chain so just had to add.
If you used already built-in downloads for visualisation in status bar, your addon don't need to access my data then.
If you didn't used built-in downloads it means you used bad practice. Your addon will use more PC's resources and slow down Firefox.
Also users don't trust addons that request access to data because data may content personal information, logins/passwords, credit cards info, etc.
https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/download-status-bar/?src=api This addon didn't request access to data and worked fine.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoYou seem to not understand how web extensions work. The old download status bar addon didn't ask for any permissions because legacy addons didn't have a permission system.
There is no way to show a status bar currently without injecting HTML into each page, which means the addon needs access to every website you visit.
Once Mozilla adds an API that allows creating real status bars then it will not need access to all pages, but that could be months away if not longer.
- by Firefox user 12399087, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Agradeço ao desenvolvedor pelo excelente trabalho! A versão 1.7.0 ficou muito boa, mas ainda sinto falta da opção de "Renomear" o arquivo baixado. Seria interessante também, se fosse possível, reduzir o espaço que a visualização do arquivo baixado ocupa na tela, ao posicionarmos o cursor do mouse sobre ele. Esse espaço é particularmente grande quando a URL de origem do arquivo é muito comprida. Talvez isso fosse possível suprimindo uma parte da URL e adicionando o símbolo de reticências (...), para indicar essa supressão.
- by Basara, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Updated review for v1.70 (3rd Jan 2018):
Bar size is now much better and compact, some users may have preferred the option to set the size themselves but the updated default is new good
- by R25097, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Last version (1.7.0) is very nice, I wish one could change the background color or make it less intense.
Thanks for your work, for me, this extension is indispensable.
- by Firefox user 12794438, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you for developing this, Download Status Bar was a great add-on in the old XUL/XPCOM standard that I used in old Firefox, and it's nice that we finally have a functional status bar in the new WebExtensions format.
Here are some of the things that need to be added (some have already been mentioned here):
-Download speed bandwidth, this was available in the old add-on
-Reduce bar height to how it was in the old add-on, it's way too big right now
-Polish the UI a bit more, it doesn't look like a particularly finished product
-Possible bug, the completion sound doesn't play
I hope to see this add-on grow and improve. Good luck on this project!
Firefox 57.0.2 x64
- by Firefox user 12717852, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5nice addon, but i have a large screen and have to enlarge some sites to be able to read the text and then the downloadbar enlarges also and take to much space
- by Smiling Fox, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's coming closer and closer to the original, big thank you to the developer for the frequent updates, you are the only one currently working on a download bar addon!