Rated 2.7 out of 5
2.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13109970, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm giving this 5 stars simply because the developer of this addon did their best to offer up the old functionality of this addon, but because of Mozilla's decision to turn Firefox into a Google Chrome copy, we're now stuck with the limitations of web extensions.
I appreciate the developers contribution to bring this addon back, and understand they're limited to what addons can do in this horrible revision of Firefox.
- by Firefox user 13727814, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It's not worth me using this until Mozilla provides a new WebExtensions API's that makes it possible to display multiple pages simultaneously within the same browser window.
The reason for this is that it is clumsy to duplicate the menu bars, bookmark bars and toolbars. They become compressed at the top of each window giving a stunted interface on each instead of neat, open interface across the top. Tabs on the original window are hidden behind the windows tiled at the front.
This extension has some nice features and they will be great once they are applied to multiple pages displayed within the same window.
- by Firefox user 13671618, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This does not work at all.
- Mac OS Sierra
- Firefox Dev Edition
- AddOns that may interfere: Simple Tab Groups
- 2 Monitors (Firefox running on secondary monitor)
- Several tabs open (but only want to use tile tabs for 2-3 tabs).
What happens when I click on new tile tab layout:
- Moves two random tabs to primary monitor on two new opened windows side by side
- The windows are not tied together, so when I resize or move one, nothing happens to the other
- I canno make this work on secondary monitor.
- I don't want the tiles to be in new windows but rather in a new tab.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoTile Tabs WE 7.0 (and later versions) create the tiled layout on the same monitor as the original Firefox window.
The tlled tabs are not randomly selected, but are the currently selected tab and tabs to the right, or if there are none, tabs to the left.
Moving a tiled window will not move the other tiled windows, but resizing the edge between two tiled windows will resize the adjacent tile window.
The new WebExtensions API's introduced with Firefox 57 must now be used by all add-ons and do not support displaying multiple tabs in the same browser window.
- by jlvanderzwan, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5People are giving this a crappy review because of limitations that are outside of the author's control, so they're barking up the wrong tree.
It's not perfect, but this is one possible workaround, and I'm glad it exists.
- by aptharsia, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I feel bad for giving this a one star, the previous version was amazing. This one is horrible. Pretending browser tiles are "fine" (they aren't), there's no good option for deciding what tabs get moved next to each other. If you accidentally close a tile, it disappears and cannot even be pulled up via closed tabs list. I just had to remove this add-on, it just sucks so bad now.
- by Sungho Hwang, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Two or more windows are devided precisely on screen automatically.
So It is stable and easy to my eyes preferably. ^^;
It is working very well in my fox (Firefox Quantum 57.0.3. (64-bit)).
- by Alexandre Willame, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5KEYBOARD SHORTCUT NEEDED BACK!
Great addon. Since the latest version, it unfortunately does not allow to use shortcut! I only used F12 as a shortcut to split view. Without keyboard shortcut, I barely ever use this addon anymore. Will definitely put 5 stars as soon as the keyboard shortcut is back in the app!
Thanks for the amazing work.
- by Firefox user 13616217, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This is as bad as it gets...Doesn't even come close to being a helpfull tool. The old Tile Tabs where 100x times better. To bad the old one isn¨t supported in the latest firefox version.
- by Firefox user 13594829, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'm not a fan of the multiple windows approach. That's why we have TABS!
I may re-install when it works properly the way the old (non WE) version did, in tabs.