Rated 2.7 out of 5
2.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13480072, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I loved the previous version of this extension as I can have multiple windows within a single tab. It saves window space and less actual windows open.
But this... is not useful at all. It does not have the functionality that I need nor want. I understand that this is because of Mozilla's updates... it's still disheartening.
I implore the developer of this extension to please find a way to create a new one that has the functionality of the previous version.
I rate this extension as a one.
- by Firefox user 13477869, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I am so sad to see the old extension go. I hate to have the menus on every window. I am rushing to all my computers and disabling updates and Ill never update Firefox beyond 56... I can NOT have menus on every window it takes up too much space and looks like hell. So sad........ I guess I'll uninstall the extension on this box that had auto update set on.... I am one unhappy camper.. I hope that you can figure out how to get it back. Thank you for your service I really loved the old extension... and HATE the new one. not your fault though. :(
- by Koharu21, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I didn't know the old Add-On so I can just comment on this one. I like the idea, but it still has some bugs that need improvement. As stated by someone else:
- clicking the icon does only recreate new tabs instead of supposed ones.
- When I save a Layout and check "Save Tabs" its doesn't save them actually. In the list it only says the name, the windows but it doesnt show amount of tabs (theres nothing saved)
- the scroll sync doesnt seem to work reliably..
- as ppl mentioned for the older version, having multiple tabs in the same window would be nice, but maybe not possible with new Firefox, so windows is fine with me, since I can just "show" and "hide" them anytime.
- would also appreciate being able to save multible tabs in the Tile Windows. Maybe it's supposed to be included in the "Save Tabs" feature which unfortunately doesnt seem to work.
- by Firefox user 13476349, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension does what it claims to do. Not even close to being a replacement for the old tab groups feature however. Its usefulness is extremely limited.
- by Firefox user 13473816, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Pleeeeease the older version of tile tabs, this extension was sooo helpfull, and now it just split window , everyone can do that, RESTORE THE OLDER VERSION
But I give 3 star because the developper did a great job on the previous version
- by Firefox user 13386478, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Yes, let's hope the one-window -tiles will be possible in the future. REQ: multiple windows.
Some concerns of mine:
- new tiles always open with the tabs sidebar open
- "add tile" works only with a blank / new tab instead of existing
- simply clicking on and off and on again the icon of the add-on does open a layout consisting of blank tabs instead of the same layout and needs to "close layout"
request: when I have place for e.g. 3 tiles that act like groups with multiple tabs in them if would be an advance to be able to save the session including multiple tabs
- by Firefox user 13472275, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Thay said it was a replacement for the normal TileTab. Realy!!!! It just make multiple WINDOWS and then tile the windows.
Even Microsoft Windows can do it.
I WANT TO TILE the tab within a SINGLE windows.
This is pathetic!!!
- by Firefox user 13471987, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5It is moronic to split the tabs in COMPLETELY different windows. I can do that myself. It will be helpful if the tabs are spitted in ONE window half and half. 10/10 would NOT recommend this add-on.
- by r-Ase, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Not meaning to beat a dead horse, but I loved the previous version of this addon. It was exactly what I needed, and it had been an invaluable tool. Good on the dev.
This current version is really Tile Windows WE, and not Tile Tabs. It no longer is what it says on the tin, and my rating is to implore the developer to consider bringing the operability of the previous version to the current WE standards. It would be great to have tiled tabs again.
- by Firefox user 13467708, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I LOVED this extension BEFORE. But, this new version completely misses the mark.
I hope you can find a way to engineer a new one that worked like the old one.
- by Firefox user 13467184, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5The extension is basically ruined completely, it's actually harder to use it than previous one, now when you create new tab for example split to 2 you basically have 3 new firefox windows opened.
- by Firefox user 13461303, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5There were several warnings this was not going to be the same add on as before. People leaving 1 star reviews for the workaround the Developer left us are clearly inept.
- by Firefox user 13460168, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Please return the original version, this is useless ...
TileTabs was the only reason I was still using Firefox. Now that this extension is forced to open multiple windows, I have no reason not to use Chrome.
- by Sdf, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It does the same thing as the old one, except it opens both the tabs you want to compare in new windows on top of the browser window you have open. When you are done browsing, you can click the icon and it puts the tabs back in the original location in the main browser window. I think it's great. It works perfectly too.