- by sign-in-smth, a year agoRated 4 out of 5could you pls add an option to remove 'Tile Tab >' menu item from tab context menu?
Developer responseposted a year agoWould it be okay if the existing "Show add-on submenu on context menu" option applied to both the page context menu and the tab context menu? Or do you want a separate option.
- by Firefox user 15307397, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Its a very good extention, i like it, but theire is no way to remove a small settings icon in top left corner? its opens it self each time
Developer responseposted a year agoYou can remove the small settings icon in the top-left corner of the page by disabling (un-ticking) the "Show quick menu in all tiles" option in the Tile Tabs WE Options dialog.
- by Ahmmad Ismail, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I wanted to scroll two windows simultaneously. This is an awesome solution for that. However, I found that one window scrolls a little faster than the other.
- by hungodd, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Tiles Tab in new quantumn firefox aren't great as before, Why do you have to split tabs into multiple windows ? It's more tangle and confusing when switching from tabs to tabs
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThe reason for tiling inside windows is explained in the 'NOTICES' section at the top of the Tile Tabs WE home page:
- by Firefox user 5509918, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Спасибо разработчику! Очень полезное дополнение, постоянно использую в работе. Только вот при обновлении Firefox, оно перестает работать. Приходится удалять и ставить заново. Тогда работает снова.
- by BelFox, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hi, I've been using the original Tile Tabs, and immediately switched to Tile Tabs WE when Firefox Quantum was released. Thanks again for this wonderful add-on!
Up until today, I had some problems selecting the right tabs to display next to each other. I selected 'New Layout' (2 Tabs Vertical as default) but didn't know exactly which tabs would be tiled. The old Tile Tab had a little tab selector in the upper-left side to change the tabs. Only today, I discovered the easiest way is to (1) open the first tab (2) open the context menu on the page and (3) choose 'Tile Tab > Left/Right/Above/Below'. This way, there is no confusion which tab will be opened.
Therefore, I'd like to make some suggestions to improve the usability of this add-on:
- Add the Tile Tabs context menu to the tabs (now only available on page itself)
- Promote the 'Tile Tab' submenu to the first position (above 'New Layout'), as it seems to be the most convenient way to start tiling tabs?
- Soon, it will be possible to select multiple tabs simultaneously (see Nightly). This offers the possibility to let the user select the tabs to be tiled, and choose a new option 'Tile Selected Tabs' next?
- Provide a short 'Getting started' page for new users (shown after installing the add-on).
Thanks for reading. Keep up the good work!
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThanks of these suggestions have now been implemented:
- you can use the 'Tile Tab' menu item on the tab context menu to tile the tab in a new tile.
- you can select multiple tabs before clicking on the toolbar button to create a layout with just those tiles.