Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
by Firefox user 14587309, 2 years ago
Rated 5 out of 5
The closest thing to Lazarus since that died permanently. It's a little less convenient as far as interface, but it does the job right, allowing me to reclaim a lot of work that got put into a disappearing text field that was part of a drop down menu thing once focus left the area. how this is not a default browser function, i will never know, but until it is, this add-on is a necessity. Thank you.
- by XerraX, 6 days agoRated 5 out of 5A 'must have' addon. Works really well and saves users from a lot of annoyances due to accidental page reloads caused by pressing F5, backspace, mouse's forward/back buttons, esc, page reload clicks, auto-refreshings, page or system, electricity cut-outs, and other unfortunate happenings.
- by David Maisonave, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Textarea Cache just save me from having to rewrite a feedback I spent 40 minutes writing.
The feedback form timeout, and closed the formed. It discarded all the text I entered without warning!
I screamed loudly until I remembered I had Textarea Cache installed. I was able to retrieve the text with no problem.
Thank God for Textarea Cache!
- by Alex, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5It does a simple job and for me it does it good, saved me some nerves from time to time when some timeouts happen in our ticket systems (OTRS, JIRA).
Works on recent versions of FF, has a history and is slightly customizable.
It's not a lazarus but it's also not trying to. I'm happy about every wall fo text that's not lost.
- by Amaylia, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on has saved my butt a countless number of times. I haven't had any issues using it on any of the forms that I use... it's worked on reddit, my medical providers website, and many other forums where I've typed up lengthy messages only to have it get wiped out by an expired session or other issue. I'm extremely thankful for it!
- by reikred, a year agoRated 4 out of 5When I click on the Textarea Cache addon icon, addon should immediately save the text area (if any) of the active tab. Why? Because the exact timing of saves has been unpredictable, and I have experienced that the TaC is not up to date when I needed it to be. That is, I lost some typed text by some misfortune. Otherwise a great addon.
- by Adam, a year agoRated 2 out of 5It only works on some pages, doesn't work on websites I use the most, so it's pretty useless for me.
If this get fixed I'll give it more stars, the idea is good, functionality bad.
- by _ztv, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I've been using it for a couple of years. Recently updated from ESR 52 to 68 and was surprised that Addon is alive. But some features on ESR 68 don't work, for example, there's no icon in the navbar. Please correct.