Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 16109008, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5This is a great add-on that is very useful. It would be even better if it were compatible with Tree Style Tab, and restored not only the tabs themselves but their tree structure!
- by alberto.villar, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5I would like to give five stars to this add-on as it's the best session manager but the interface is awfully becoming worse and worse:
- You no longer can select tabs nor windows to be opened. It looks like you can only remove tabs from the tree before opening a session, in which case you destroy the structure. Sessions lose the original structure and you cannot use them in the future as they were
- The maximum width of the side pane is 800 pixels, what does not leave room to access any of the valuable tools and options, such as rename a session, access the menu, see full tab description, add tags, open/delete a session
- You are somehow forced to configure the add-on to open the panel on a new tab which is inconvenient
- by Art_9, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent functionality and interface.
I have been using the extension for more than two months (~500 hours, PC worker) and so far have not a single failure.
+ there are backup copies of sessions - TabSessionManager - Backup.
- by Kenan T., 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5This is an experiment add-on and should not be used for serious purposes.If you use only one or two tabs than in some cases it can be useful for the purpose.It is deleting autosaved sessions,cannot be started,fails a lot. In one word,high school experiment level add-on.Not recommended if you need to save your sessions.
- by AnotherFoxy, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5The best FF session manager at the moment.
- Could be a little faster at startup
- FF sync support would be great.
- Possibility to rename saved sessions
- by Ángel, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5This extension is extremely slow, it lags Firefox a lot on start, I literally have to wait at least 2 minutes to start to use Firefox because it doesn't respond for that amount of time while this extension loads. It is good if you use it to occasionally save your session, but if you use it to backup every session/window you ever opened (like auto saving when a window or Firefox closes) and have almost no limit on number of saves then this becomes slow as hell and, frankly, annoying.
So, in conclusion.
Good: For occasionally storing sessions
Bad: For storing a backup of all sessions/windows ever opened.
Session Buddy (Chromium extension) has exactly 0 problems with the use I described before. I have thousands of sessions there (I use it since 6+ years) and I even have sessions with 10000 (10k) tabs (joint sessions that is) and Vivaldi loads fast as hell, even opening the Session Buddy manager tab it opens fast (like 3 seconds to open) where this extension takes a LOT of time to load Firefox and also to load the list of sessions with much less sessions that Session Buddy.
I still use this extension because I love Firefox and avoid using Vivaldi anymore but I srsly can't with these problems, I hope one day this can be solved but till this day (and this is happening since this extension was born) it hasn't been fixed/improved (I guess is because of Firefox and its API).