Reviews for Shortkeys (Custom Keyboard Shortcuts) for Firefox
Shortkeys (Custom Keyboard Shortcuts) for Firefox by Peter Malecka, Mike Crittenden
Review by waldyrious
Rated 5 out of 5by waldyrious, 2 years ago
A little cumbersome to set up (e.g. I forgot to press the "Save shortcuts" button and thought it wasn't working), but after it's configured, it works perfectly! I finally was able to disable Firefox's bookmarks sidebar shortcut (Ctrl+B) which I activate by mistake all the time when trying to paste something (Ctrl+V).
- Rated 1 out of 5by sabbar11, 22 days agoDOES WORK BUT ITS USLESS, 90% of function do not work, just scrolling and disabling shortcuts works sometimes
- Rated 5 out of 5by dingroolnatkess, 2 months agoThis addon works great. Please note that you need to set your shortcuts from Addons > gear icon > Manage Extension Shortcuts > Shortkeys. Testing on FF 111. The built in shortcut editor (via addon preferences) didn't work for me.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kis Albert, 4 months agoAddon is greyed out, I hardly found the Options, I set multiple shortcuts, saved it but nothing happens! They don't work.
- Rated 4 out of 5by cj, 4 months ago"Move tab right/left" and "Next/Prevoius tab" are the same functions. Can't add a shortcut to jump to right or left tab.
- Rated 2 out of 5by ander, 6 months agoThis didn't work for me at all (FF Developer Ed. v109). I tried disabling Ctrl+I and Ctrl+B ("italic" and "bold" editing commands) so FF wouldn't intercept them for Page Info and Bookmarks, respectively. The extension said it had "saved" the changes, but there was no effect. I exited and restarted FF and tried it again, just to be sure. 🤷♂️ (I don't have the heart to rate anything just 1 star, though.)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14593595, 6 months agoHi, this worked well for me (Firefox 107 on Linux). I needed to disable the "/" shortcut key as was causing an issue when I was typing into a remote Citrix session in Firefox. Thanks for your work on this! :)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14562580, 6 months agoIt's awkward to write in words what the shortcut I want is. It would be better if the system that when I want to enter a keyboard shortcut I just press the arbitrary buttons and they are entered automatically.
Also, the keyboard shortcuts don't work on the tabs of Mozilla websites, and the tabs of add-ons.. I want to go to the previous tab or the next tab using a keyboard shortcut, but it won't let me.
זה מסורבל לכתוב במילים מה הקקיצור דרך שאני רוצה. היה עדיף שהמערכת שכשאני רוצה להזין קיצור מקלדת אני פשוט אלחץ על הכפתורים הרצוניים והם יוזנו אוטומטית.
כמו כן הקיצורי מקלדת לא עובדים על לשוניות של אתרי מוזילה, ולשוניות של תוספים.. אני רוצה לעבור ללשונית הקודמת או ללשונית הבאה באמצעות קיצור מקלדת אבל הוא לא נותן לי.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17643169, 7 months agoI wanted an easier shortcut for "Open a new tab (Ctr+T)" for example (Ctr+Q).
Unfortunately, this is not possible
- Rated 3 out of 5by Amarena, 8 months agoThe add-on does not work on the start page of the browser (or whatever it is called), only after entering any website