Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Jeff, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Overall, it's not a bad app. However there are quite a few mispronunciations and some are so bad they leave you scratching your head. For example, the current Dem. Candidate for President is not "bih-den" but instead "bahee-den" and there are many far worse than this.
- by Firefox user 15443186, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5I am dyslexic. I find the app very helpful and easy to use. I love the way it highlights the text as it reads it in its own little window with a good background colour!
Graham - Firefox
- by Ross Hill, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is capable of reading text aloud using a variety of voices, including some cutting-edge voices such as Google Wavenet (which require the user to enter an authentication token). You can easily skip forward and backward between paragraphs or pause the reader.
The only drawback is the UI; In my experience, the text overflows the container and you have to scroll horizontally and vertically to view content. It does allow you to resize the text, but even at the smallest size the text is too large for my preference.
- by ich, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5used this extension on Chrome and it worked on the browser excellently! after switching to Firefox i had high hopes for it again but nope, can't have that.
the options to skip/move within the text are buggy and after trying to move around, the reader freaks out completely. repeats paragraphs twice and even after closing the tab, the text keeps going. the only way i got the add-on to shut off was uninstalling. :(
- by Devesh, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Compared to the last read aloud i used of Microsoft edge i am totally disgruntled spacially by the fact that there is no option even to decide the speed, in the very first try it highlighted something else.