- by Firefox user 16904805, 4 days agoRated 1 out of 5Worked 1 day. Doesn't work anymore, nothing to do, always asking for permission, I give it but still not working. Can be lol if you have some time to lol.
- by qdfgn, 17 days agoRated 1 out of 5does nothing. says "missing host permission for a tab" as if I know what that means. I gave it all permissions, still doesn't work. no idea why this is recommended by ff
- by undlark, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Running into an issue where it won't allow me to give permission, and it is infuriating. I've spent half an hour wasting my time trying to get this sorted out, but switching off other extensions, trying Chrome, or other such options doesn't seem to work. I want to use anything other than the default voice but can't.
- by Firefox user 16474998, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Does not work 90% of the time because you need to keep enabling google wave net every time and for some reason it forget you've enabled it and then also after you enable it, it keeps saying enable it. Useless, Idk why it's the recommended extension.
Developer responseposted 17 days agoHi, the Wavenet voices are not free and Google makes you go through that process again and again to use it for free. If you would, please sign up for a Google Cloud Platform account and use it to enable the Wavenet voices. Then you won't have to go through that permission process. Follow the general steps here: https://blog.readaloud.app/2020/05/using-your-own-google-cloud-platform.html
- by Firefox user 13491429, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Das Programm ist eigentlich SUPER das einzige Problem ist das es auf Deutsch (Germany) Sprechen soll aber es alles auf Englisch Spricht womit ich nichts anfangen kann den Fehler beheben wurde versuche ich 5 Sterne zu geben und eine Nettere Bewertung zu schreiben!!
- by Firefox user 14822391, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5It only reads the headings not the actual page content. There is no option to choose anything. DO NOT TOUCH. This is the 2nd time I have tried this on 3 different computers and 3 different accounts. I am deleting and trying something else
- by HiddenPalm, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5This went from a 5 star to a 1 star review because of one simple thing. It now ONLY uses Google TTS. It stopped using my own TTS. I use Ivona 2 Amy (british female). It was working perfectly not to long ago, and I gave them time to fix the issue but it appears the dev has no intention of fixing it and is ok with the cheap robotic google voices.
- by gwho, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5absolute nightmare.
you can tell it to start reading from a new location after it has already started reading.
shortcut hotkeys don't work at all.
there is no shortcut for speed adjust.
it doesn't tell you what voice it's reading with when it's on auto select.
if you press previous, and there is no data loaded in its memory, it'll stop playing. this means you cannot go back farther than the current page. what garbage.
so many other problems that are basic obvious UX design flaws.
How does this have 4 stars? How does anyone use this without tearing their hair out?
If you only ever need to read from beginning to end then i suppose this gets 5 stars.