- by Joules, 19 days agoRated 4 out of 5Love this extension, would love the Firefox version even more if I could have the UK male voice enabled. The options should be in an easier place within the UI of the tool. I want to make the reading/listening screen even bigger if I want.
- by Jupiter065, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works well if using the GoogleTranslate voices. One needed feature is a pause when going from one list item to another if there is no punctuation at the end of the list item, as there often isn't.
- by Username?, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5it works pretty well. I just hope that they will add text highlight, as it's reading, so I know where it's reading from the website, and I can follow with my eyes. Thank you developers for making it free!
- by Mahé P., 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very good *if* enabling a proper voice. Select "Edit" in front on "Voices" and select e.g. English => Google Translate English, then "Back to options", and (in Firefox) grant required browser permissions to access the voice.
By default, the voice sounds much like the regretted physicist S. Hawking (and the app becomes worth 1 star).
Four stars because it's not quite as natural-sounding (intonations etc..) as say Google Android Assistant on "read aloud" command, using their browser.
- by Firefox user 14072844, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Its the best TTS addon out there. tested a lot of addons but this one is pretty good. how to use it for pdf files? it tries to upload pdf to read it. but reads epub files perfectly
- by Firefox user 16096579, a year agoRated 4 out of 5The add-on is great and overall it works very well. You can customize the speech speed and pitch, stop, and rewind it. That said, it does have an issue on some linux distributions where it crashes the pulseaudio driver (but not all). It's not clear why this happens, but when it does the driver has to be restarted and then the plugin doesn't work again until a reboot. It's a bit of a niche problem so I only took off one star for it. That said, I put in a bug report for it and have heard nothing back from the dev despite a patch being released after my bug report.
- by Abstract, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Top TTS reader imo. Amazon voices are now great. Couple problems I've encountered are inability to edit shortcuts (though there's a page for that) and no speed control on the fly. I would also appreciate text highlighting to be more precise. It's hard to find what you're looking for when the whole paragraph is highlighted.