- by uniquew, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for your extension Read Aloud, very useful and good voice. and without spying.
Enable the change of the speed of speaking faster or slower, inside the window while reading, Up to 4x.
- by PH, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Just started to use; will update my review over the time.
Generally it reads most English mechanically correct... could be better.
Areas for improvement:
1. with livelier intonation.
2. The currency sign "¥" is not just for Japanese Yen, but also Chinese RMB... you know?
3. UI does not function properly on the flight: it does not switch voice promptly.
4. "Pause" and "Stop" buttons do not work... I have to terminate all browser sessions, not just the webpage it works on.
- by Ross Hill, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is capable of reading text aloud using a variety of voices, including some cutting-edge voices such as Google Wavenet (which require the user to enter an authentication token). You can easily skip forward and backward between paragraphs or pause the reader.
The only drawback is the UI; In my experience, the text overflows the container and you have to scroll horizontally and vertically to view content. It does allow you to resize the text, but even at the smallest size the text is too large for my preference.
- by TheSheMullet, a year agoRated 4 out of 5I would love to give this software 5 stars but I do have an issue that causes me a lot of hassle. I have to re-grant permissions constantly for google wavenet voices. I have used other plugins before that used an google api key to as a way of authentication. Maybe you could look at this. The re-granting of permissions is a nightmare.
- by Firefox user 13987277, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Generally does good, but sometimes crashes Firefox when it encounters emojis. Is there a way to get this to ignore those? Besides that,works well and uses all the voices on my system.(25 or so), so I use a female voice that I found to be pleasant to listen to.