- Rated 4 out of 5Works perfectly
Only 4 stars because I would like to use shortcuts to fill my form
- Rated 5 out of 5One of my "required" add-ons. Although it seems to be broken on Ubuntu 18.04 with Firefox 59, It works flawlessly in Chrome.
Get it now
Developer responseposted a year agoThank you! I'm looking into the ubuntu 18.04 issue and will hopefully be out with a fix soon.
EDIT: Documented in https://github.com/subdavis/Tusk/issues/146 and due to ibus/ibus bug
The pop-up can be accessed in a normal tab.
1. Navigate to about:addons in Firefox
2. Click preferences next to Tusk
3. In the address bar, change options.html to be popup.html
You can bookmark this page for quick access.
- Rated 5 out of 5Worked like a charm, but then I imported the same local db and key file on fresh firefox and ubuntu 18.04, clicked tusk icon and got the message 'unlocking...' and then it's over. never got to the menu to even enter the password. Dev is very responsive on git so keep it up!
- Rated 5 out of 5Way better than KeepassXC-browser. The "Shared Link" thing doesn't work with OneDrive either...but regular OneDrive connection works.
- Rated 5 out of 5Best solution I have come across. Password not stored indefinitely, allows sharing links from nextcloud to only the encrypted database, handles the odder sign in systems (google) where autofill failed and, best of all, a simple good looking UI capable of all but deep entry editing.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great, works like a charm.
- Rated 5 out of 5Brilliant! Easy-to-use. Just a bit of a lag to reopen the database on each invocation but not really annoying. Could probably speed it up by working with a local copy instead of cloud-based version.
Any chance of a form filler too (addresses, credit cards, etc)? :-) Echo other reviews requesting ability to write to the database too. e.g. automatically recognize when a new site is used, offer to generate and save password.
I'd be happy to pay an annual subscription fee and contribute to the project to ensure ongoing support and development and to ensure that it remains secure, ad-free and open-source (?)
- Rated 5 out of 5I was looking for an alternative to KeePassXC-Browser and found Keepass Tusk! Perfect to avoid opening KeepassXC each time I want to fill passwords. Morevoer Keepass Tusk works flawlessly contrary to KeePassXC-Brower which requires to connect again and again.
- Rated 5 out of 5If there's only one extension you'd want to install on Firefox or Chrome, it will be this. I cannot imagine life without it and it is absolutely perfect at what it sets out to do.
- Rated 5 out of 5UPDATE: The developers comments below are correct, I did confuse the keyfile with the database - I don't even use a keyfile for my database. Thanks for clearing that up. Five stars!Original reply:
Hey there! I just want to let you and future readers know that database corruption with Tusk is completely impossible.
The reviewer above simply got their keyfile and database mixed up. When tusk tried to decrypt their database, either they tried to decrypt their keyfile instead of their database or tried to use their database as a keyfile.
Your keyfile goes in the "manage keyfile" tab.
Your database goes in the "manage databases" tab.
Please be aware that Tusk cannot under any circumstances corrupt your keepass db. It does not have write access to any cloud providers or direct filesystem access, and cannot modify your keepass db in any way. You should always keep a backup anyway, but Tusk never requests write permissions to any third party storage.
Thanks for updating your review!! Most people never bother doing that :D
- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you so much for bringing this to Firefox! Proper Keepass support was the only reason I was still using Chrome and could't use Firefox as my default browser.
- Rated 5 out of 5Works like a charm.
- Rated 5 out of 5Has a straight, modern UI and just works
- Rated 4 out of 5Works great, I would give it 5 stars, could it also write to the db. The way it is now, you still need another program to write to your keepass db. This could also be seen as a feature, I guess it depends on, what you want.
- Rated 5 out of 5A good alternative for the outdated CKP as seen in https://www.reddit.com/r/KeePass/comments/7ojc50/security_flaw_in_chrome_keepass_ckp/
- Rated 4 out of 5Would like to edit and create passwords.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great extension !!
Make me love firefox again ;-)
First extension to integrate keepass in Firefox painless ! (incl using database in cloud)
- Rated 5 out of 5Works w FF Portable Apps :)
- Rated 5 out of 5Was looking for something that would allow me to view my KeePass database from my Dropbox, in my browser.
Works well and looks great. There are some minor hiccups in the workflow, but I'm satisfied.