- by Les Merlotta, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love it! With THIS hint it works perfectly on my Mac: "type "about:config" in your Firefox address bar (like going to a website), click "accept the risk and continue". then search for "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" and change it to false."
- by Knowsoul, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Brilliant! This works on Firefox when other options failed to hide the nav bar and tabs. 1st Tap the window so the top bar isn't activated. Press Ctrl+Shift+F. Easy! Using a keyboard shortcut doesn't add an icon to a crowded address/search bar. Press Esc to return. Now I can view online tutorials that show videos on their webpage without the distracting top bars. The window gets bigger, so it's easier to see details. Thank you Trishul~!!!
- by dmack, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5works as advertised! some advise for the (mac) users that don't get it to work tho: type "about:config" in your firefox adress bar (like going to a website), click "accept the risk and continue". then search for "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" and change it to false. your firefox browser now stops blocking fullscreen plus.
- by Thor Galle, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does what it's supposed to, using the full screen Web API to also remove the title URL bar. Thanks.
1 thing: you might want to add the add-on icon to be a toggle for fullscreen?
- by Bert, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works flawlessly for me! (as of Feb 2019, FF 65.0)
I don't get what some of the other reviews are complaining about, because I'm really glad to finally have true fullscreen again in Firefox.
One limitation is indeed that you can't change the keyboard shortcut in the addon settings, but I solved it by using an external tool (Karabiner), mapped the standard cmd-shift-f to the addon's ctrl-shift-f shortcut.
Summary: Get this addon if you want real fullscreen back! And, thanks a lot Trishul for this addon.
- by Hyrum, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5For some reason it didn't work until I restarted Firefox, but now it works flawlessly. I use this add-on to remove distractions so I can concentrate on my work. Thank you whoever built this!
- by Firefox user 14327815, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Superb. Works a treat and it does it quickly and looks absolutely perfect. Pressing ESC gets me back to the normal browser view, which is intuitive. There are many times, particularly, when I am writing or designing, that I like to go into total full screen mode (i.e. without the tabs and all the other clutter) and this does exactly that and does it more elegantly than anything else I have come across. Thank you for clearing up my screen so well :-)
- by LeeBinder, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5UPDATE 2021-08-22:
Les Merlotta's trick for Mac from 2020-10 is still working on Firefox 91.0.1 Mac:
"Type "about:config" in your Firefox address bar (like going to a website), click "Accept the risk and continue". Then copy/ paste "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" and change it to false."
Thank you Trishul, good job. Running fine in macOS 10.10.13 High Sierra with Ctrl+Shift+F. I like that Cmd+Shift+F remains for the default full-screen behavior.
Just one request: please add an option page where to toggle if FS mode shall be left or kept when clicking onto a link (and maybe another option when leaving a domain).
Developer responseposted 4 years agoApologies for late reply.
For now, full screen API doesnt allow to keep fullscreen if user navigates away from current URL
Also on addons.mozilla.org we can not load content script, hence it cant run this addon on the same