- Rated 5 out of 5by Les Merlotta, 3 years agoI love it! With THIS hint it works perfectly on my Mac: "type "about:config" in your Firefox address bar (like going to a website), click "accept the risk and continue". then search for "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" and change it to false."
- Rated 5 out of 5by Knowsoul, 3 years agoBrilliant! This works on Firefox when other options failed to hide the nav bar and tabs. 1st Tap the window so the top bar isn't activated. Press Ctrl+Shift+F. Easy! Using a keyboard shortcut doesn't add an icon to a crowded address/search bar. Press Esc to return. Now I can view online tutorials that show videos on their webpage without the distracting top bars. The window gets bigger, so it's easier to see details. Thank you Trishul~!!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by dmack, 3 years agoworks as advertised! some advise for the (mac) users that don't get it to work tho: type "about:config" in your firefox adress bar (like going to a website), click "accept the risk and continue". then search for "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" and change it to false. your firefox browser now stops blocking fullscreen plus.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Thor Galle, 4 years agoDoes what it's supposed to, using the full screen Web API to also remove the title URL bar. Thanks.
1 thing: you might want to add the add-on icon to be a toggle for fullscreen?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bert, 5 years agoWorks flawlessly for me! (as of Feb 2019, FF 65.0)
I don't get what some of the other reviews are complaining about, because I'm really glad to finally have true fullscreen again in Firefox.
One limitation is indeed that you can't change the keyboard shortcut in the addon settings, but I solved it by using an external tool (Karabiner), mapped the standard cmd-shift-f to the addon's ctrl-shift-f shortcut.
Summary: Get this addon if you want real fullscreen back! And, thanks a lot Trishul for this addon.