Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by Zach, 20 days agoRated 2 out of 5It's really frustrating that an extension like this is the answer to a basic problem that firefox should solve by default. As others have said, it works, but the toolbar doesn't show up when you move your mouse to the top of the screen, and half the time the keyboard shortcut itself doesn't seem to work for unknown reasons. Giving 2 stars because it is useful in a pinch, but jeez.
- by dmack, a month agoRated 5 out of 5works as advertised! some advise for the (mac) users that don't get it to work tho: type "about:config" in your firefox adress bar (like going to a website), click "accept the risk and continue". then search for "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" and change it to false. your firefox browser now stops blocking fullscreen plus.
- by alanchrishughes, a year agoRated 1 out of 5This is the only fullscreen addon I've found that at least partially works. It will open your tab in fullscreen, but you have to press control-shift-f every single time, and once you are in fullscreen, you can't just logically mouse up to the top to show the bookmarks and tabs you've hidden, just nothing appears.
- by Jezze, a year agoRated 4 out of 5The add-on does what is says, but is kinda pointless as Firefox already goes complete fullscreen with F11. However only if browser.fullscreen.autohide (about:config) is set to true, which is the default setting anyways.
- by Thor Galle, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Does what it's supposed to, using the full screen Web API to also remove the title URL bar. Thanks.
1 thing: you might want to add the add-on icon to be a toggle for fullscreen?
- by Bert, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works flawlessly for me! (as of Feb 2019, FF 65.0)
I don't get what some of the other reviews are complaining about, because I'm really glad to finally have true fullscreen again in Firefox.
One limitation is indeed that you can't change the keyboard shortcut in the addon settings, but I solved it by using an external tool (Karabiner), mapped the standard cmd-shift-f to the addon's ctrl-shift-f shortcut.
Summary: Get this addon if you want real fullscreen back! And, thanks a lot Trishul for this addon.