- by Lockard, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Many differents fingerprint test done all they all showed the the same and real fingerprint of my computer
Developer responseposted a month agoPlease open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with more information (your settings, the fingerprint tests, etc.) so I can investigate the problem.
- by Sha-256, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Perfoming very nice on my linux machine. Best tool for defending fingerprinting. But can add font fingerprinting protection, if possible
Developer responseposted 2 months agoPlease look at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/200 for reasons why it's not implemented.
There is currently https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/559 open for it again and I will reevaluate it.
- by Anonymous, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Don't worry if the extension is not monitored, its open source, i have seen the code, this because there are some malicious extensions but this one it's clean, it's really helpful, the only thing i would add, is, bug fixes to the faking feature (In canvas and audio) and the possibility of fake and block at the same time certain APIs, thanks for this, we need more like this.
- by Expert Plus, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Sorry, but I did detected that this extension does making me not a privacy person. So, in Firefox and LibreWolf (which I using as my default) with this extension coveryourtracks.eff.org says that I have a unique fingerprint (which is sad to hear) and that my browser isn't asking for DNT policies. But without this addon my browser is asking for DNT policies and my fingerprint isn't uniqie. I'm happy without extension........
Developer responseposted 4 months agoHaving a unique fingerprint does not mean you are trackable: https://canvasblocker.kkapsner.de/faq/#uniqueFingerprint
DNT should not be affected by CanvasBlocker. But I'm not completely sure what you mean by "DNT policies". Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with the details to reproduce it.
- by PhoenixCausesOof, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Indispensable extension for anyone who seeks for privacy. Bad reviews are generally old, and the extension has improved over time.
I suggest warning users that they have some APIs that are disabled (by the user in about:config). This can render CanvasBlocker “weaker”, although this is not fundamentally an issue with it.
Like if you have `dom.webaudio.enabled` disabled in about:config. This can make you more unique and thus “fingerprintable”.