- Rated 1 out of 5breaks webpages that require adobe flash on waterfox latest release
- Rated 3 out of 5What happened to the fingerprint icon up in the toolbar on android FF? It is now gone so how do I know if CB is functioning correctly?The fingerprint icon should be present if you have notifications enabled and something was faked on the page.
You can check if CB is working on the test pages (e.g. https://canvasblocker.kkapsner.de/test/test.html - the hashes should change on reload).
Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues - there we can discuss better.
This issue is solved in 0.5.5
- Rated 5 out of 5A must have privacy extension for everyone!
- Rated 5 out of 5Great stuff. I think this should be a "featured extension" in the pivacy and security category.
- Rated 5 out of 5Nice, but the toolbar icon changes color sometimes (red/green). What do the different colors mean?
Green = I'm save, red = I'm not protected? And what do I have to do for it to protect me again?
- Rated 5 out of 5I tested this addon with the Panopticlick test from the EFF, and when I check the 'full results' it shows that the hash values are changed every time I have the addon enabled. So I guess it's basically ruining it for people who use these values to track you.
- Rated 1 out of 5This extension doesn't work.
Go see for yourself.It's fine to have a unique fingerprint as long it changes every time. If you re-test your browser you will see different canvas and webGL hashes.
See the following issue for reference: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/154
- Rated 5 out of 5It is great, but it'd be much better if the Mozilla Add-ons link embedded in it was language-agnostic. Currently, it is to the German version of the site.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great, but seems to be blocking protonmail . . . tried whitelisting without success . . .
Update: unchecked "Block data-URL pages" as suggested, and now works. Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5Funktioniert einwandfrei.Das Symbol wurde von Benutzern angefragt: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/217
Man kann es ohne Probleme deaktivieren: darauf rechts klicken -> aus Symbolleiste entfernen
- Rated 5 out of 5You are very hard working person :)
- Rated 5 out of 5Excellent add-on! Thanks for your hard work!
- Rated 5 out of 5Very nice works.
But it may not pass detective on test page http://18.104.22.168:8080/uapost.html.when try times test, it may enter an endless loop and Let the browser stop working.This page doen't even work when no addon at all is installed... but to discuss this further please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues
Communication is much easier there.
- Rated 5 out of 5Here is a French translation file for your extension.
Thank you for your work.
- Rated 5 out of 5Nice works.
Please note I test the audio fingerprint at https://audiofingerprint.openwpm.com/ and it causes browser slowdown.
- Rated 5 out of 5Nice works.
Please note it does not detect (and block) the code embedded in a url through the
I don't know if this method it's exploitable in a web page
example: paste the following code on your navigation bar
(It's a dots wave single pixel plotter, so it uses getImageData and it works even if you block the readout API):
edit: sample code moved to pastebin (sorry, pasting the code here does not works):
Developer responseposted 2 years agoGood point. I will see if this is exploitable. But please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues where we can discuss the implications and findings. Also communication is much easier there.