- Rated 5 out of 5The best!
- Rated 5 out of 5Хорошее и полезное расширение. В версии 0.5.5 устранили баг и теперь всё Ок.
- Rated 5 out of 5Please consider adding an UI element for adding/removing the site from the whitelist without having to manually edit the string in the settings. This UI should appear in the popup menu when the extension icon is clicked. This extension would be much more usable with this.
UPDATE: This is great! As I mentioned on Github, I missed this because I'm not used to paying close attention to the icons in the address bar often since I'm using Tridactyl. I've updated my rating accordingly.
- Rated 5 out of 5The addon works perfectly. I tested all extensions for blocking canvas and this one definitely does the best job.
- Rated 5 out of 5Hello, excellent program, for when a version for the Opera browser ??????
- Rated 5 out of 5It gets the job done.
Didn't even know I need it until a web page started to abuse canvas to shove ads in your face
- Rated 1 out of 5breaks webpages that require adobe flash on waterfox latest release
- Rated 3 out of 5What happened to the fingerprint icon up in the toolbar on android FF? It is now gone so how do I know if CB is functioning correctly?The fingerprint icon should be present if you have notifications enabled and something was faked on the page.
You can check if CB is working on the test pages (e.g. https://canvasblocker.kkapsner.de/test/test.html - the hashes should change on reload).
Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues - there we can discuss better.
This issue is solved in 0.5.5
- Rated 5 out of 5A must have privacy extension for everyone!
- Rated 5 out of 5Great stuff. I think this should be a "featured extension" in the pivacy and security category.
- Rated 5 out of 5Nice, but the toolbar icon changes color sometimes (red/green). What do the different colors mean?
Green = I'm save, red = I'm not protected? And what do I have to do for it to protect me again?
- Rated 5 out of 5I tested this addon with the Panopticlick test from the EFF, and when I check the 'full results' it shows that the hash values are changed every time I have the addon enabled. So I guess it's basically ruining it for people who use these values to track you.
- Rated 1 out of 5This extension doesn't work.
Go see for yourself.It's fine to have a unique fingerprint as long it changes every time. If you re-test your browser you will see different canvas and webGL hashes.
See the following issue for reference: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/154
- Rated 5 out of 5It is great, but it'd be much better if the Mozilla Add-ons link embedded in it was language-agnostic. Currently, it is to the German version of the site.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great, but seems to be blocking protonmail . . . tried whitelisting without success . . .
Update: unchecked "Block data-URL pages" as suggested, and now works. Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5Funktioniert einwandfrei.Das Symbol wurde von Benutzern angefragt: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/217
Man kann es ohne Probleme deaktivieren: darauf rechts klicken -> aus Symbolleiste entfernen