- by Firefox user 12370795, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5I've been using this extension for quite a long while and it was working fine, but recently it has created trouble with ebay.co.uk on my laptop. I cannot navigate on eBay. I got the following error message: CanvasBlocker is slowing down Firefox. To speed up your browser stop that extension.
Developer responseposted 7 months agoIt's the same issue as with ebay.com.au (https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/555). Unfortunately there is little I can do about this. So the only solution is to whitelist ebay.co.uk for the DOMRect API
- by Сергей Братуха, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5Плохо, что нельзя установить на Firefox для Android. А в остальном отличное дополнение!
Developer responseposted 7 months agoCanvasBlocker is ready for Firefox on Android and was available before Fenix. But in Fenix they only allow a small set of WebExtensions (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/collections/4757633/7dfae8669acc4312a65e8ba5553036/). You can help to get CanvasBlocker part of this list by suggesting it to the recommended programm (https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/553).
- by Firefox user 16503620, a year agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on needs instructions on how to use. If present already they need to be easier to find.
Developer responseposted a year agoUsually you install the addon, select a preset that matches your needs and you are good to go.
Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with a description of what you want instructions for. There we can communicate better and you can follow the progress on the subject.
- by Fraaggle, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Nice addon, but why it needs reading and changing privacy settings? This is new after the last update. Why you need that now?
Developer responseposted 2 years agoAs discussed in https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/438:
The access to the privacy setting is needed to display the notice for privacy.resistFingerprinting. So it's not that important but unfortunately I cannot make it optional.
CB only reads that and does not write any privacy settings: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/search?q=%22browser.privacy%22&unscoped_q=%22browser.privacy%22
- by Ali, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I can't find a way to exclude Google Maps (unless I exclude all of Google, which I don't wanna). And this makes Google Maps totally hang always.
So, basically either this add-on or Google Maps.
Would be 5 stars if it had a better way of excluding URL patters.
- by Adam, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Settings are overly complicated.I always try to simplify the settings, but the subject is complicated. If you have specific settings that you think should be simpler you are welcome to open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your suggestions.
- by whis, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Help me: I changed a parameter i do not know which one and i think that because of that i can not solve the captchas anymore! :(
I get this message every time :
" Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page "
I cleared the cache and cookies of firefox but the problem is still there! what to do?Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with more details
There we can communicate much better.
But as a first measure you could reset the CanvasBlocker settings.
UPDATE: it's known that the protection for the window API breaks recaptcha. If you disable and reenable it you should be prompted with a question to whitelist the specific url that is needed by it.
- by Firefox user 13268901, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5What happened to the fingerprint icon up in the toolbar on android FF? It is now gone so how do I know if CB is functioning correctly?The fingerprint icon should be present if you have notifications enabled and something was faked on the page.
You can check if CB is working on the test pages (e.g. https://canvasblocker.kkapsner.de/test/test.html - the hashes should change on reload).
Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues - there we can discuss better.
This issue is solved in 0.5.5
- by Clemens Ratte-Polle, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Where can i test the success of CanvasBlocker?
Does it make problems with twitter header image upload?
i got probs
Developer responseposted 4 years agoYou can go to http://kkapsner.github.io/CanvasBlocker/test/test.html and check if the displayed hash changes on every reload.
I know of no problems with twitter. But if you think that it is CB related please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues - there we can communicate much better.
- by Firefox user 14072583, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Does not work according to fingerprint test at https://panopticlick.eff.org/
Developer responseposted 4 years agoWhat do you mean with "does not work"? Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues where we can communicate better and therefore I can help better.