- by Firefox user 15236507, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for providing such a good add-on, which has been a great help to my life. Recently, firefox mobile version of a major update, many add-ons are no longer applicable, and your plug-in is my daily life is necessary, I beg you to adapt to the latest mobile version of the framework as soon as possible.
Developer responseposted 7 months agoUnfortunately there is nothing I can do about that. Mozilla dropped add-on support in Fenix except for some hand picked ones. CanvasBlocker is not part of that list (it is not "recommended" by Mozilla).
It's up to Mozilla to decide on add-ons in Fenix: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2020/09/02/update-on-extension-support-in-the-new-firefox-for-android/
- by Firefox user 16277808, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great lightweight extension that can help protect your privacy by giving randomised readouts when websites try to fingerprint you. Best used in conjuction with other privacy tweaks such as blocking third party cookies, and using an ad/tracker blocker like uBlock Origin.
- by Tibs, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5A good add-on with tons of settings, and information regarding them. Not a fan of the UI, though. The add-on window, only shows 5 options, and one search bar. I would like to see this expanded with more options relating to what's being blocked/altered (or is not), whitelisting, and so on. The main add-on Settings page also looks ugly, but at least it's functional.
Overall, I would suggest this add-on to others. I found it does a better job than competition, which considering how much there is, is pretty impressive.
- by quirK, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5Whitelisting works, and even has 2 different kinds of whitelisting. The global one, as well as the one by API breakdown. Both need to be updated in terms of UI response and have a better and faster way of adding a website. No easy way to set a safe setting that *just works*, something always breaks and there's no easy "whitelist this specific breakage" button available.
Developer responseposted 8 months agoThe whitelisting is working for me. Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your specific problem and your setting.
I mostly use default settings and have no whitelist defined. Please also mention the web sites that break in your issue.
How the whitelist button can be found is explained here for example: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/330
PS: the UI is a topic I want to tackle in the near future.
- by RDT1, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5The perfect add on to stop HTML5 Canvas Fingerprinting. Throwing on block all excluding whitelist shows just how many sites become unusable with their tracking. Even trusted sites like Duckduckgo.com, reddit.com etc.. keep up the good work!
- by Ano Nymous, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5An sich funktioniert das AddOn sauber.
Ein Stern abzug gibt es für das etwas fummlige Menü und es bremmst den Browser merkbar aus.
Selbst beim Browser-Start braucht es ein paar Sekunden, bis es 100% läuft.