- by Tibs, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5A good add-on with tons of settings, and information regarding them. Not a fan of the UI, though. The add-on window, only shows 5 options, and one search bar. I would like to see this expanded with more options relating to what's being blocked/altered (or is not), whitelisting, and so on. The main add-on Settings page also looks ugly, but at least it's functional.
Overall, I would suggest this add-on to others. I found it does a better job than competition, which considering how much there is, is pretty impressive.
- by quirK, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Whitelisting works, and even has 2 different kinds of whitelisting. The global one, as well as the one by API breakdown. Both need to be updated in terms of UI response and have a better and faster way of adding a website. No easy way to set a safe setting that *just works*, something always breaks and there's no easy "whitelist this specific breakage" button available.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoThe whitelisting is working for me. Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your specific problem and your setting.
I mostly use default settings and have no whitelist defined. Please also mention the web sites that break in your issue.
How the whitelist button can be found is explained here for example: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/330
PS: the UI is a topic I want to tackle in the near future.
- by Ano Nymous, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5An sich funktioniert das AddOn sauber.
Ein Stern abzug gibt es für das etwas fummlige Menü und es bremmst den Browser merkbar aus.
Selbst beim Browser-Start braucht es ein paar Sekunden, bis es 100% läuft.
- by Firefox user 14428109, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Great extension!
I would like to submit a suggestion, would it be possible to allow shortcut key to duplicate a tab in another profile?
Developer responseposted a year agoI'm not sure what you mean by "in another profile". Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with an exact description of your suggestion/request.
- by Dewnan, a year agoRated 4 out of 5I have a conflict between Privacy Badger and CanvasBlocker when starting FF or restarting with my restart_firefox.uc.js script, it stops at loading ex: google.com (home page), I press F5 then it loads.
Disabling Privacy Badger on google solves it... anyone else have this problem?
Developer responseposted a year agoThis kind of behaviour was already seen but could not be reproduced in FF 73. Please add your system information at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/388. This issue is currently closed but can be reopened.
- by maricn, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Love this extension. Whitelist feature was not so obvious until I came to write this comment and saw the screenshot with address bar icon :D
Still, I believe UX might be further simplified. I'm thinking along the lines of Chameleon, FoxyProxy, NoScript, etc with multipage popups.
- by Firefox user 14546632, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Fantastic add-on, and something that has been sorely needed for some time.
But I'd like the ability to whitelist certain sites for troublshooting. I didn't see that option in the settings.
Update: Thanks for the info! I see the whitelist now.
- by Firefox user 15038450, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I changed my rating.
Originally I put 1 star because:
1. https://amiunique.org/ reports me as UNIQUE.
2. No support email, only github (I don't even know what it is and I do not want to create account only to ask for support).
Happy to change rating if I receive support (not github but email or phone) and problem is fixed.
I changed to 4 stars because:
1. I was explained that it does not matter if I am unique as long as my profile changes each time which, apparently, it does.
2. The developer contacted me privately even though he's alone and he's not a company or a team. I appreciated that.
3. I put 4 stars instead of 5 because we have become used to better user interface layouts.
All in all I am happy and I recommend it.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThe same issue is discussed at https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/reviews/1141570/ and https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/154
In short: it fine to have these sites to report a unique fingerprint as long as the fingerprint changes (which is the case in the default CB settings). You can open up the console (Ctrl + Shift + K) and have a look at the actual fingerprint. There you will see that the protected fingerprints change with each reload.
Regarding support: github is mainly a code managing service (you can look at the complete source code and history of CB there). But it also offers a requirement and bug tracking feature. As I am only one person I have no time to give individual email (or even phone) support. On github some helping angels can support me. Also it provides an overview of already asked questions and open issues so other people with the same issue can see that it is known and/or what the solution is.
- by Jezze, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Doesn't make my canvas fingerprint less unique. amiunique.org still tells me that my similarity ratio is below 0.1% which means I have a very unique canvas fingerprint.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoIn the default settings the canvas fingerprint is changed on every page reload (you can test that on http://kkapsner.github.io/CanvasBlocker/test/test.html). Yes - this makes the fingerprint unique but since it is not constant you cannot be tracked.
If you want further information/discussion please open an issue on https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues where we can communicate nmuch easier.
PS: similar issue on github: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/154